Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dividing Spinach plants?

• 08-05-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

I got a pack of spinach plants from the garden centre and was surprised that each little square had 3 or 4 little plants.

Should I remove all these extraneous plants (leaving one) or is that how they are supposed to be grown?(my plan is to snip them off at the base so as not to disturb the roots too much)

To me it looks as if the garden centre has sold me a poor product but maybe this is the new way of growing them (it is new to me!)

I have seen this way of selling small plants before (parsley ,coriander etc) but surely it won't work with spinach which is so tricky and bolts so readily.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Technophobe

You could plant them out together and snip leaves off as they grow for salads etc...treat them as cut and come again..And if you want bulky plants, leave one of the group to grow on and just keep others as caca plants..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Yeah just harvest leaves, some from each plant each time and he will come again and last you longer. I usually raise 2 or 3 seeds together for cut and come again leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

OK and thanks.

Advertisement