Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i get rid of these?!

• 08-05-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi, these weeds are taking over my lawn, and wrecking my head! What is the best way to get rid of them? :(

There are two types on two separate lawns.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭johndoe99

they are dock leaves, this thread may help:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71386406

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭McWotever

And the second type is:

McWotever wrote: »
    And the second type is:

bristly ox-tongue.

Thanks.

Where would one purchase bandock or any of those products? Are you talking a garden centre or a farm supply centre, doesn't seem to be much info on the interweb where to buy it

McWotever wrote: »
    Thanks.

Where would one purchase bandock or any of those products? Are you talking a garden centre or a farm supply centre, doesn't seem to be much info on the interweb where to buy it

you could try Woodies. My woodies here in Waterford is well stocked when it comes to weedkillers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You also seem to have clover, dandelions and what I think is plantain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

Hey mc
    Maybe after you do battle with the weeds,there seems to be a good bit of thatch( dead layer of grass just on the surface) on you lawn, seems a bit big to get the spring tine rake out,but small scarify machines can be hired for the job. The lawn will look shook for a short few weeks but will come back beautiful for you, as the posters above said there is a good range of lawn feed/weed killers out there

Hey mc
    Maybe after you do battle with the weeds,there seems to be a good bit of thatch( dead layer of grass just on the surface) on you lawn, seems a bit big to get the spring tine rake out,but small scarify machines can be hired for the job. The lawn will look shook for a short few weeks but will come back beautiful for you, as the posters above said there is a good range of lawn feed/weed killers out there

Thanks for the replies.

Yea that layer of dead grass I've killed of myself, just haven't had a chance to put the myopex? weed covering over it. Gonna plant bits and pieces and throw down bark or stone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Make a perfectly safe organic weedkiller, simply dilute distilled vinegar and add a little liquid detergent (only if spraying) otherwise a few drops of diluted vinegar will do the trick.

Regularly mowing will keep most annual weeds in check and apply a lawn feed to strengthen grass.

If only lawns coulod talk, life would be so much easier.

Advertisement