Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia lumia 520/ huawei ascend g300/ htc desire c ?

Options
  • 08-05-2013 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

hey i'm just wondering which one of these represents the best bang for the buck
    http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phonesAndPlans/phones

i had the huawei g300 and was happy with it but the toddler gave it a bath for me

thanks for any feedback

i'm thinking the nokia?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

anyone bump help me out here thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

anyone bump help me out here thanks

If you post what you want in the phone you might get better help

Davy wrote: »
    If you post what you want in the phone you might get better help

bang for buck

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bang for buck

Its only best value if it has the specs you need and want. Everyone would have a different answer to that question depending on their choices. Some people would like windows so rule that out etc...
    The more info you give the better feedback you will get

best specced hardware

ram cpu gpu etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Windows Phone runs really well on low spec hardware.
    I'd suggest going into a shop and trying some demo units.

Are there any must have apps for you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The G300 and HTC C are old models. You should be looking at the Y300 or the G510. They have better hardware over the Lumia but Nokia software might be worth more to you.

thanks im on a tight budget

i saw the g510 i may end up opting for that

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Looking at hardware to compare them isn't really a great way to judge the phones. I bet the Windows phone runs as smooth as butter on its low end hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its not going to help with the lack of a flash, worse camera, no front camera, no fm radio, smaller battery, and poorer screen especially in bright sunlight. That's my understanding of the reviews I've read.

That's all hardware specific that software has no effect on.

That said its the cheapest Windows mobile worth getting. Though most reviews say stretching to the 620 is worth it over the 520. I'd like to try Windows phone myself without spending a fortune. I'd like to try the Nokia apps. I already have a half decent Android device. So the cheap 520 is kinda appealing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement