Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experience with GentleBirth

• 08-05-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Just wondering what your experiences with GentleBirth were if you used the CD's? And also, what CD did you actually get?
    I think I would like to try them, but a bit confused as to which one to get...
    Got an email from them yesterday (must have signed up to the website some time ago) with a 20 Euro discount on the complete box set of 8 CD's, but not sure if that is going a bit overboard and if one or two CD's should be enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭missis aggie

Hi, I got the complete set of CD as I did the workshop as well. While pregnant I use to listen the main CD with affirmations, birth rehearsals and birth music. Also the breathing exercises.
    I found them amazing. I was able to switch off so easy, helped me sleep and relax. After the baby was born I didn't have a chance to listen to any off the postnatal CD's but will come back to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

i had the one with the affirmations and the talking about the ebbing and flowing of water. listened to it every night when pregnant. i think it did help. tihkn it unconsiously puts the positivity in your mindil be trying it again this time. actually never listened to it during the labour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I recommend these to anyone who will listen. My last 2 labors and births were fantastic, short and controlled with only gas and air and no interventions, no stitches. Totally totally worth every cent. I can speak from experience, because my first birth was a horror story ending in emergency CS.
    For 50 euro they are great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I also recommend these to everyone I know. Incredible value IMO. I've had two fantastic labours and births which I would largely credit to the GentleBirth course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

lynski wrote: »
    I recommend these to anyone who will listen. My last 2 labors and births were fantastic, short and controlled with only gas and air and no interventions, no stitches. Totally totally worth every cent. I can speak from experience, because my first birth was a horror story ending in emergency CS.
    For 50 euro they are great value.

On the flip side, my last labour was short, with absolutely no pain relief, no interventions, no stitches and I didn't use Gentlebirth... my first also ended in emergency CS. Could just be a coincidence though...

Breathing techniques sure do work but I'm not sure about paying to learn them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

I used Gentlebirth twice. After my first labour I recommended it to everyone I could because I felt it really relaxed me in pregnancy and helped me in early labour.

But in my second, recent labour, I was faced with a major change to plans and a huge shock and honestly if it wasn't for Gentlebirth and the calming techniques it taught me I don't think I would have coped. There is no doubt in my mind that it is worth every penny.

Edited to add: I did the weekend course and got the full set of CDs with that.

January wrote: »
    On the flip side, my last labour was short, with absolutely no pain relief, no interventions, no stitches and I didn't use Gentlebirth... my first also ended in emergency CS. Could just be a coincidence though...

Breathing techniques sure do work but I'm not sure about paying to learn them.

Breathing techniques sure do work but gentle birth is a about a lot more then that. It is visualisation, strength, calmness, knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Thanks for all your feedback. Received it today - i got the 8 CD pack - so will start listening to it in a little while.

be sure to post your experiences as you use them. Enjoy.

Advertisement