Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Free Installation apply in all cases currently

Options
  • 08-05-2013 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

As of today will I have to pay for installation when ordering Broadband Ultimate 24MB from a house where there is no cabling in place, the normal price is €121.93.

The order form makes the FREE very confusing as only the first two options say FREE and then (worth) while the one I will be using doesn't say FREE even though the order form at the top says FREE very clearly.

So can you confirm that installation is completely FREE in all 3 cases even when there never was an eircom connection at my house if I order today.

The screenshot of the confusing order form is attached to this post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Horrocksjm

Who advised you of the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mac.book

Horrocksjm wrote: »
    Who advised you of the price?
    Check the attached .png file. I know that eircom never had any connection to my house as it's brand new and in fact I haven't even moved there yet. It says that connection fee in such a scenario is €121.93 and yet it says it's free when starting the order?

Now as you can probably see at the bottom, each installation fee is described and given a price at the end, the first two say "FREE" and then how much they're worth. However the last one which applies to me doesn't have the "FREE" in it unlike the first two.

252981.png

Thus the confusion on my behalf :/

So does anyone have any idea on that because I want to make the order tonight if possible and €121.96 or FREE will make a difference...

Thanks

EDIT: Ok nevermind I already made the order I guess I just have to wait and see :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mac.book wrote: »
    So does anyone have any idea on that because I want to make the order tonight if possible and €121.96 or FREE will make a difference...

Thanks

EDIT: Ok nevermind I already made the order I guess I just have to wait and see :/

Hi mac.book

It is free except in the case where outside cabling and ducting needs to bedone (which is very rare).

Would you like to PM me your address? I may be able to let you know if yourline connection/installation is free or not.

Regards

Al

Hi mac.book

It is free except in the case where outside cabling and ducting needs to bedone (which is very rare).

Would you like to PM me your address? I may be able to let you know if yourline connection/installation is free or not.

Regards

Al
    sure I'll do it now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mac.book wrote: »
    sure I'll do it now

No worries mac.book

Happy to help

Al

Advertisement