Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C02 line straight into outlet of canister filter

Options
  • 08-05-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just a quict one for you. have tried diffusers but not got great results. have tried inline worked great but can leak, when it fails oh boy does it fail big time.
    so was thinking of just fitting the c02 hose to the end of the outlet for my canister filter, let it get chopped up and feed back in by the inlet, any views or thoughts, would it work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

oldon wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Just a quict one for you. have tried diffusers but not got great results. have tried inline worked great but can leak, when it fails oh boy does it fail big time.
    so was thinking of just fitting the c02 hose to the end of the outlet for my canister filter, let it get chopped up and feed back in by the inlet, any views or thoughts, would it work.

Get a canister optimzer it comes 12,16,22mm hose type ,on e bay ,or artane aquatics have them .i installed 22mm one with excellent results

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oldon

tteknulp wrote: »
    Get a canister optimzer it comes 12,16,22mm hose type ,on e bay ,or artane aquatics have them .i installed 22mm one with excellent results

thats an inline feed tha the c02 line fits into.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

I can't see any safe way for you to feed the CO2 line into the filter output without asking for problems. I would try and place the inline atomizer above the tank somehow so if it leaks, at least it leaks back in the tank and not on the floor. If you have it set properly, that's the most efficient way to diffuse the CO2 in a tank, the other methods always have some loss in a way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

oldon wrote: »
    thats an inline feed tha the c02 line fits into.

No outline ,mid way ,a spraybar is good in this setup

Advertisement