Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12 Week Blowbry - What's the latest?

• 08-05-2013 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Is anyone still getting the 12 (16?) week blowdrys? I notice a lot of places are still doing them. Also does anyone have any recommendations?

I know there are quite a few threads on this topic already but they are a few years old now...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

I think I have my answer - maybe nobody is doing this anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Ilac wrote: »

I buy the brazilian keratin kit on amazon and do my own. €28 for full kit and just have to use the top up kit every 3-4 months. Better results than the last few so called chemical free ones I got done in the hairdressers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Erna123

Ilac wrote: »

Why so .. Was it found to be harmful to hair or is it that it's not upto it's word, Doesnt stay for 12 weeks ?.. I wanted to get a semi-permanent blow dry which would last for the coming 2 months as it's going to be busy with whole loads of functions.. I'm pretty crap at blow-drying at home and love the blow-dried look , than the Ghd one.. So if 12 week blow dry is out, is there anything similar in the offer these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I had it done years ago- my hair is dry to begin with and it made it like straw and very dull. It split to bejaysus as well and I ended up having to chop it- it was really long at the time so mostly dead and probably needed it tbh. Hopefully they've gotten better at it since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭foodaholic

The HSE made the salons remove the formaldehyde version of it - so it really doesnt work anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭foodaholic

lubie76 wrote: »
    I buy the brazilian keratin kit on amazon and do my own. €28 for full kit and just have to use the top up kit every 3-4 months. Better results than the last few so called chemical free ones I got done in the hairdressers too.

Could you send me a link to the one you buy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

foodaholic wrote: »
    Could you send me a link to the one you buy ?

No problem, pm sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

I was getting my haystack sheared there a couple of weeks ago and the lady suggested a 12 week blow dry to me and said it was worth doing.
    I don't want to though, it just makes me nervous

Advertisement