Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Richard Boyd Barrett spared conviction despite admitting second speeding offence

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Pretty disturbing development on last nights Prime Time. Interview with Alan Shatter and Mick Wallace. Shatter using garda intelligence to smear a rival. This would be a resigning matter in the UK. On a point of interest I can't stand Wallace either he should be long gone.

Alan Shatter: “As Deputy Wallace knows, even without…in issuing tickets, the Gardaí exercised discretion. Deputy Wallace himself was stopped with a mobile, on a mobile phone last May, by members of An Garda Síochána and he was advised by the guard who stopped him that a fixed ticket charge could issue and you would be, he could be given penalty points. But the garda apparently, as I’m advised…”

Pat Kenny: “Used his discretion.”

Shatter: “Used his discretion and warned him and told him not to do it again.”

Pat Kenny: “Mick? Mick? The guard used his discretion?”

Wallace: “I tell you what, first of all that’s news to me. Secondly, right, with regard to discretion…”

Kenny: “You don’t recall that incident?”

Wallace: “I don’t know. Listen with regard to discretion. It’s all very well to say they’re using discretions here and there but in actual fact, once the, the rule is once it goes on the system, they should go to court to deal with it. Now listen..”

Kenny: “By the way, are you not concerned that the minister should know about your private business dealing with the Gardaí?”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mick Wallaces case of amnesia is very worrying. He should visit a doctor and get that checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

That hypocritical performance was like watching a drunk arguing at a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Mick Wallaces case of amnesia is very worrying. He should visit a doctor and get that checked out.

Or maybe it never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

20Cent wrote: »
    Pretty disturbing development on last nights Prime Time. Interview with Alan Shatter and Mick Wallace. Shatter using garda intelligence to smear a rival. This would be a resigning matter in the UK. On a point of interest I can't stand Wallace either he should be long gone.
    Kenny: “By the way, are you not concerned that the minister should know about your private business dealing with the Gardaí?”

Completely agree with this.

I cannot believe that a Minister for Justice sees fit to disclose a TD's personal interactions with the Gardaí in the midst of a political debate.

you just cannot have a situation where a TD is going into a political debate with someone's Garda record up his sleeve.

There are serious questions to be answered in this case by a Garda who accessed Wallace's details and disclosed the information, and by the Minister who used it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Shatter has just released a statement this defending his disclosure of the record... doesnt seem to be online, but reported on radio. Contents predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

Shatters shenanigans deserve a thread of their own!

Surely there's a case of a breach of the data protection Act on his part somehow?

Advertisement