Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 13), May 10-14, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fearghal Kerin ‏@fearghalkerin 4m
    UCD AFC are always at their most dangerous in the build up to exams when they're most focused, tend to blow up the game after exams.

Another cracker on twitter tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Mushy wrote: »
    Mervue will be promoted:Pac:

Huge draw for Bray, appears they playing well.

Pity then, Mervue would not be able to visit Tolka next season :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

No more games for me until he's gone.

Good to see you are with your club through thick and thin.

gimmick wrote: »

Dont get that meself, we had better than now crowds when we flirted with relegation 6 years ago.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont get that meself, we had better than now crowds when we flirted with relegation 6 years ago.

Shels are not flirting with relegation anymore :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm sure he will be back within a week like me when I said it. Matthews is a despicable thief of a wage. We are ****ed.

Lars1916 wrote: »

I am enjoying that quite a lot :pac:

I am enjoying that quite a lot :pac:

Sadist ;)

I'm one of the stewards in Tolka, it will be some funny matches ahead :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CSF wrote: »
    I'm sure he will be back within a week like me when I said it. Matthews is a despicable thief of a wage. We are ****ed.

When I heard he was getting the chop from us I was delighted. Then Doolin happened. Uuuuuuugh.

• Advertisement

When I heard he was getting the chop from us I was delighted. Then Doolin happened. Uuuuuuugh.

I can't think of anyone I'd want less.

Sadist ;)

I'm one of the stewards in Tolka, it will be some funny matches ahead :eek:

yes we are one of them :D

Pete Mahon is the man for the job.

Get players playing and get fans liking effort.

But please keep Matthews.

yes we are one of them :D

I might be at the away end :D

I might be at the away end :D

Currywurst to the media area please.

i still have some sauce but no sausage :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Arguably our best performance of the season and we came away with nothing. Absolutely deflated after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Flirting days are gone. Shels are riding relegation. Hair pulled back, ass slapping, 'who's your daddy' type riding relegation!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SantryRed wrote: »
    Seriously, we must be nearly setting a record already for red cards. 5 in 13 games.

Is it 5 separate players too?

At least if it was a single player, you could let them go, but you can't leave out everybody.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Could be above Bohs by this time next week...
    Probably not though seeing as I'll actually be at the Limerick game. Still haven't seen us get a point this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Could be above Bohs by this time next week...
    Probably not though seeing as I'll actually be at the Limerick game. Still haven't seen us get a point this season.

And on a selfish level please make sure to go to more games. If you can somehow/for some reason want to come to the Cork match away for ucd let me know, I won't make it to the Bowl any time soon man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any Cork fans at game last night?

Super result. Honestly did not think we would win especially after going goal down.

Hopefully we can kick on a little now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I saw someone mention on Reddit that some Shels fans tried to attack Matthews. Did that actually happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I saw someone mention on Reddit that some Shels fans tried to attack Matthews. Did that actually happen?

I don't think anyone actually tried to attack him, it was more like people crowded around one area and it may have looked like they were attempting to "get at" Matthews.

A few weeks ago I had a go at him from behind the dugout in Tolka Park, there is a row of steps leading down from the VIP area of the Main Stand, and just opposite them on the wall is a small gap, where a gate used to be, it was from here that I shouted some words at him, I took one step forward and my foot ended up on grass, os technically I "encroached on the pitch to attack the manager" - I did no such thing though, I was never going to go on the pitch.

Was probably something like that.

Although, having said that, I wasn't there, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of a group of people did try to attack him. He has referred to Shels fans as a "bunch of cúnts", which isn't very nice.

Fans have also been handed season bans from Tolka for having the temerity to sing anti-Matthews songs in the bar after a match.

All is not right at Shelbourne, and the board are complicit in killing the club.

Also, I'd take anything read on Reddit with a mountain of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Also, I'd take anything read on Reddit with a mountain of salt.

Well it was mentioned by a Shels fan on a thread there so was just curious as to what happened.

There is something on the Reds Independent forum too, but seemingly it's something the manager said to a player - or perhaps an opposition player - which is the source of it.

More than likely Matthews making something of nothing is a further attempt to play some kind of poor victim card, look at the nasty shels fans, we're bottom of the league, keep getting players sent off, and it's poor me they are blaming, look they even want to attack me at a match.

He's a bigger cancer on the club than anything in the past.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

And on a selfish level please make sure to go to more games. If you can somehow/for some reason want to come to the Cork match away for ucd let me know, I won't make it to the Bowl any time soon man!
    I'll hopefully be at the West Ham game in Turners Cross in July. Definitely gonna try and get to an away game that's further afield than Dublin or Louth this year so the Cork game in September is as good as any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Roddy?
    Any Cork fans at game last night?

Super result. Honestly did not think we would win especially after going goal down.

Hopefully we can kick on a little now.

In fairness you didn't deserve even a point from that game. We dominated the match and I think you must have had three shots all game apart from the penalty.

We also had two decent shouts for a penalty turned down. We deserved to win that last night but I suppose our look balances out with the two points we shouldn't have gotten against Pats & Drogheda.

I don't think anyone actually tried to attack him, it was more like people crowded around one area and it may have looked like they were attempting to "get at" Matthews.

A few weeks ago I had a go at him from behind the dugout in Tolka Park, there is a row of steps leading down from the VIP area of the Main Stand, and just opposite them on the wall is a small gap, where a gate used to be, it was from here that I shouted some words at him, I took one step forward and my foot ended up on grass, os technically I "encroached on the pitch to attack the manager" - I did no such thing though, I was never going to go on the pitch.

Was probably something like that.

Although, having said that, I wasn't there, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of a group of people did try to attack him. He has referred to Shels fans as a "bunch of cúnts", which isn't very nice.

Fans have also been handed season bans from Tolka for having the temerity to sing anti-Matthews songs in the bar after a match.

All is not right at Shelbourne, and the board are complicit in killing the club.

And he mentioned the word 'deplorable'...

Those bans are a joke, the club should have some understanding for the supporter's anger. They should listen to them, maybe not directly after the match, with emotions boiling. But there should be a way sit down in a decent manner, rather than swinging the axe :mad:

That's like two children in pre school, fighting over buckets and spades in the sand pit :eek:

• Advertisement

Heading to the Cobh match later, will hopefully be a good one. What are crowds normally like sizewise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Majority of the support moved down towards the gate to the bench. Mathews chants, nobody trying to attack Mathews! :confused:

Majority of the support moved down towards the gate to the bench. Mathews chants, nobody trying to attack Mathews! :confused:

So, what I said then.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

So, what I said then.

:cool:

First hand experience! ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Had the chances to win last night, came away with nothing. Disgusted, and very worried.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

As entertaining a sight as that would have been, the lads are spot on. Just the lads getting to the closest possible position to let Matthews know what he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

Heading to the Cobh match later, will hopefully be a good one. What are crowds normally like sizewise?

how was the game? I think they have had the highest d1 attendances so far... And usually goals galore 1-1 looks tame!
    Fantastic game of football in longford tonight, hopefully opened up the division a bit. Great atmosphere too... Thought 3-2 flattered longford a bit, thay had more posession but did little with it.
    Longford should get section o under the stand and it would be even better. They had 2 groups doing different stuff and the effect of the louder section o is lost with then not being under the roof

Looking forward to Tuesday. Still cant believe they beat us but we didnt show up and they thumped us. If we show up on tuesday should be a very good game :)

overshoot wrote: »
    how was the game? I think they have had the highest d1 attendances so far... And usually goals galore 1-1 looks tame!
    Fantastic game of football in longford tonight, hopefully opened up the division a bit. Great atmosphere too... Thought 3-2 flattered longford a bit, thay had more posession but did little with it.
    Longford should get section o under the stand and it would be even better. They had 2 groups doing different stuff and the effect of the louder section o is lost with then not being under the roof

Was alright, Cobh by far had the more possession and threat. Had a goal ruled out for infringing on the keeper too, and also a very dodgy offside call went against them. 468 at it, so nice crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

overshoot wrote: »

section o out of section o!? you must be mad!it started that side of the ground before the ground got redeveloped and there wass a roof there,even if it was tiny...the club should look to putting a small roof over section o,even a bit of galvanise would do the job...

Champions of ireland played for a draw and got a draw, well done.

Dissapointed should be beating teams like that, thats bohs and rovers that we should have put out of sight but allowed them to draw.

Oh how quickly things change in this league.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Shams they either score 7 or F all.

Shams they either score 7 or F all.

Could be still playing and they still would have 6 men back.

On the funnyside Croly had a bit of a mental breakdown tonight....oddly seems to happen when hes in the away dugout in Richmond.

Could be still playing and they still would have 6 men back.

On the funnyside Croly had a bit of a mental breakdown tonight....oddly seems to happen when hes in the away dugout in Richmond.

Are you looking forward to Friday's match? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Limerick 0 Drogs 1

• Advertisement

Are you looking forward to Friday's match? ;)

yes Currywurst to the media area please , cheers :D

Absolute must win game, tonight was must not lose...but friday is must win....

yes Currywurst to the media area please , cheers :D

Absolute must win game, tonight was must not lose...but friday is must win....

It might be a bit dangerous with the Currywurst, it might end up in the Shels dugout by accident and sheer co incidence :D

Anyway, 10 men Shels might perhaps get a draw...I hope :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Champions of ireland played for a draw and got a draw, well done.

Job done. No 5-1 this year...

Increasingly confident about teams not scoring against that defence, one stupid clearance and goal since McGuinness came back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dfx- wrote: »
    Job done. No 5-1 this year...

Increasingly confident about teams not scoring against that defence, one stupid clearance and goal since McGuinness came back.

In fairness we went two up front along with ending it with ten men and along with a winger and centre mid fulling in the full back roles.

Poor enough game of football by both sides in the end. More possession from us, more chances from them. Game of set pieces really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Limerick 0 Drogs 1

Great to bounce back with a win after Saturday and our first clean sheet of the season to boot. Mick rang the changes with Sava getting dropped after his performance the weekend. Can't wait for Derry to come to town on Friday now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement