Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 2220 in Australia

Options
  • 08-05-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    I had a Nokia 2220 Pay as you Go phone with Meteor, then I got it unlocked and moved to Three.

I have since got a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 on bill phone. Anyway I am going travelling to Australia for the summer and wondering would the unlocked Nokia be of use to me over there. Could I just buy an Oz sim card and put it in?

My other option is to bring my Samsung Galaxy. It had been credit too but then I changed to a non contract 20e a month bill package. They suggested in the phone shop that when I go travelling, I revert back to credit. But I am wondering if the credit would be eaten up if I logged onto the internet or made a call etc. Also because it is a bill at the moment, it might not accept an Oz sim card?

That is why I thought I'd bring the old Nokia. Any suggestions welcome.

Advertisement