Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone repair fault,

Options
  • 08-05-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi Guys

quick one, left my fone in for repair last week, just got the fone back. one of the problems it was left in for still happening fone freezing. Been onto customer care, they say bring the fone back, to the store with the report of the faults that were ment to have been fixed. they will send it off again. Now its a bill fone this will be start 3rd week with out my fone, 8 months left on the contract. now if they repair the fone happy days but when can i ask for a replacement fone if the second repair not successful and the fone is still under warranty .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Hi Oldon where abouts do you live ? The phone repair place I know of is in Sandyford Industrial Estate I use to go to the Phone store and they would say they would take the phone and send it off so to save waiting I would bring it up myself and not pay of cousre.

In your situation you have the rights behind you as you were sold a faulty product and as it has been taken for repair and still having problems bring it back and state that you are entitled to a new phone as this one is faulty and you will not accept being left without a phone again. If no joy write to them or go down the small claims road.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oldon

Got the fone back on wed. was late afternoon before I got to put the chip and sd card in the fone. with in 20 minutes done was at the same thing locking up and freezing. so thrusday morning back to vodafone shop. showed the guy working there fone was freezing. he said he send it off again. told him i need the fone for work it should have been sorted the first time. any way have to wait an other 8 days but this time il bring my sim and sd cards with me. so if it faulty again I be demanding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Any repair has to be permanent, so you're within your rights to seek a replacement phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Any repair has to be permanent, so you're within your rights to seek a replacement phone.
    oldon wrote: »
    Got the fone back on wed. was late afternoon before I got to put the chip and sd card in the fone. with in 20 minutes done was at the same thing locking up and freezing. so thrusday morning back to vodafone shop. showed the guy working there fone was freezing. he said he send it off again. told him i need the fone for work it should have been sorted the first time. any way have to wait an other 8 days but this time il bring my sim and sd cards with me. so if it faulty again I be demanding
    Only if the OP purchased the phone as a consumer, however if he purchased it as a business his entitlements are significantly reduced.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Only if the OP purchased the phone as a consumer, however if he purchased it as a business his entitlements are significantly reduced.
    should had said i use the fone in work. but not for work. blogging updates ustream forums and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

slimjimmc wrote: »

If the phone was bought by the employer then it is their issue with Vodafone. But as the op bought the phone in a private capacity they can use it for work.

so repair centre said fone needs replacing. under vodafone t&c.
    does that mean i get new fone same make model or repaired second hand unit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Also, if you were without the phone for a month, Id get onto Vodafone about not paying that bill for the month, if you didnt use it. Not your fault by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Hi OP,

Used to work in the industry. Generally if a phone is freezing its a software issue with the phone usually re-flashed and sent back to the customer.

If its still freezing I'd ask for a sim change as it might be the SIM card causing the issue.

I also know that if the phone still has the same fault after the third repair / return for repairing you are then entitled to a new phone replacement.

Hope you get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

PFL wrote: »

I also know that if the phone still has the same fault after the third repair / return for repairing you are then entitled to a new phone replacement.

That's the common policy used by all network operators all right, has no standing outside of what they try to force on you though. Realistically if the first repair fails to resolve your issue then you're entitled to a refund or replacement. I know I've never had a phone repaired more than once by the likes of meteor or o2.

Thanks guys got a brand new shinny fone .

Advertisement