Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

That's mental. Any wonder you thought it wasn't great.

@Donnelly if your AC is working correctly you would definitely know in this current spell of weather we're having. It should be blowing icy cold from the vents within a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

JoeA3 wrote: »
    That's mental. Any wonder you thought it wasn't great.

@Donnelly if your AC is working correctly you would definitely know in this current spell of weather we're having. It should be blowing icy cold from the vents within a couple of minutes.

Thinking about it again, id say mine is working right and is just **** AC. I recall hearing the compressor coming on and off when i press the button. Bit annoying tbf as my last car would nearly ice up the windows with the AC on full blast. The fiesta is pretty disappointing in comparison. Its cold but not BMW cold!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I'd get it checked out. Since getting it fixed it's as good as any other car ive had with AC

Looks what's popped up again, think Killien might be a bit optimistic with his pricing

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-st/12183175

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Looks what's popped up again, think Killien might be a bit optimistic with his pricing

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-st/12183175

Remind me what's wrong with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

testicles wrote: »
    Nothing, it's Henry Ford III's

Sorry I thought it was being highlighted for some other reason.

testicles wrote: »

Yep nothing at all wrong with the car, was just highlighting it was Henry's old car back up for sale with a few K added on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That ad is 7 weeks old

• Advertisement

Saucy money for an ST1, you'd get a new new one for not much more with the discounts on them...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Discounts are dwindling month by month. That ST1 was a lovely car - it was well cared for too.

I wonder if they will have the same discounts for the 162 campaign. True it is a nice car, wondering if they guy in question bought it for a quick flip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Saucy money for an ST1, you'd get a new new one for not much more with the discounts on them...

Strong money indeed, 161 reg below with tiny miles could probably be bought on a straight deal for not alot more:

http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/Ford/Fiesta/1.6-ST/200814622973357800/

Discounts are dwindling month by month. That ST1 was a lovely car - it was well cared for too.

Ah yea no denying it was looked after... Doesn't change the fact it's not far off the money of a new one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Has anyone installed a splitter? I saw a few Fiestas in the UK last week with the Triple R Composites splitter installed and it looked great in person. I wouldn't be overly fond of exterior mods but the splitter looked really nice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Has anyone installed a splitter? I saw a few Fiestas in the UK last week with the Triple R Composites splitter installed and it looked great in person. I wouldn't be overly fond of exterior mods but the splitter looked really nice.

Not for me anyhow. I think it's fine as is. I've never noticed a lack of rear downforce either ;)

Not for me anyhow. I think it's fine as is. I've never noticed a lack of rear downforce either ;)

Splitters go on the front...

I like them but I think to pull off the look the car would need to be lowered slightly and I wouldn't bother messing with the suspension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've got a splitter and H&R 30mm lowering springs sitting in my room to be fitted both only came recently and I havent had time to get them fitted.

Mountune springs are Eibach, AFAIK but I'm kind of in two minds about fitting the lowering springs as theres a f**k off speed hump at the entrance of our estate so I'm not sure if the acr will clear it with the splitter and springs.

• Advertisement

Splitters go on the front...

Diffuser then.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've got a splitter and H&R 30mm lowering springs sitting in my room to be fitted both only came recently and I havent had time to get them fitted.

Mountune springs are Eibach, AFAIK but I'm kind of in two minds about fitting the lowering springs as theres a f**k off speed hump at the entrance of our estate so I'm not sure if the acr will clear it with the splitter and springs.
    Is there many holes (maybe theres none) that need to be drilled to fit the splitter?

30mm is a sizable chunk to take out of a car that's already kinda low (for a stock car) I watched my mate reverse my car into his drive recently and the front was super close to rubbing :O

Is there many holes (maybe theres none) that need to be drilled to fit the splitter?

30mm is a sizable chunk to take out of a car that's already kinda low (for a stock car) I watched my mate reverse my car into his drive recently and the front was super close to rubbing :O

Off the top of my head I'd say theres about 10-12 pre-drilled holes in the splitter as it stands, just line it up with the bumper and drill through the existing holes to get your fitting right.

Buddys father has a garage with a lift so I'll do it hopefully this this weekend, should be a 5 or 10min job that way. I've axel stands at home but would probably take 3 or 4 times as long jacking the car and going underneath.

I might, if the splitter and springs combo are too low, just fit the springs and take off the splitter but at this rate I dont think I'll get the springs fitted until probably sometime during the coming week or week after.

I'll get pictures up anyway when I get it sorted. :o

Don't do it! You'll devalue your car.

p.s. Go Mountune upgrade instead!

Don't do it! You'll devalue your car.

p.s. Go Mountune upgrade instead!

I'll probably do that in August/September anyway.

I'd prefer to do it during the week give me more time to head up north and sort it out instead of doing it on a weekend and leaving at stupid o clock to make the service.

I was waiting for the Mountune springs but theyre nearly always out of stock on the website.

Have a few other bits that I might get done when I get the MP215 kit but with a trip to New York on the horizon and paying for insurance at the end of this month they might be pushed back.

Although that being said, I did go down to CAB about a 171 Focus RS the other day.

Lucky enough to have got a promotion in work so I'm going to go back down in October/November about one, talk through the numbers see where I stand.

I'm trying sell the idea of the extra 2 doors to the G/F as future proofing for kids etc. :o

Focus RS would be superb, regardless of how many doors it's got.

It's expensive at €52k+ and the interior is nothing special but for what it is and what it can do I reckon it's a bit of a bargain.

It'll leave a Golf R in the weeds.

Focus RS would be superb, regardless of how many doors it's got.

It's expensive at €52k+ and the interior is nothing special but for what it is and what it can do I reckon it's a bit of a bargain.

It'll leave a Golf R in the weeds.

Ya, I was out in a VW dealership the other day too, GF wants an R edition Golf and I sat inside the full fat Golf R out of curiosity and its in a different league to the RS inside in what it offers but thats where it ends for me. The RS, while not being as loud as a new Civic Type R with its appearance is better looking then the Golf R, which apart from the 4 exhausts (overkill) is very standard looking, IMO and the Civic is just to chav for me.

Was looking at specing an RS and the one I'd want with options/colour is a shade under 55K, which is a good bit more expensive than a Golf R which is annoying as the RS is cheaper in the UK.

Considering MK I and II RS's are still holding good value here and the UK, I reckon the MK III's will be a bit of a future classic, especially as there wont be as many in Ireland.

I have a nearly 37 year old RS and it's value keeps going up and up......

I have a nearly 37 year old RS and it's value keeps going up and up......

Nice. :o

My buddys brother is a Ford master technican, has a Model T hes restoring that rolled out of the Cork plant from back in the day. I had plauged about questions regarding Mountune and the Fiesta one afternoon.

A fast forward, epecially a rare one, is an investment opportunity, now I just have to convince the GF. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I'd be interested to see how little trade in the ford dealer will give you against a 2017 focus RS.Mate of mine was looking to trade in his MK2 RS against a MK3 one,and the trade in value was insulting to say the least.

I'd be interested to see how little trade in the ford dealer will give you against a 2017 focus RS.Mate of mine was looking to trade in his MK2 RS against a MK3 one,and the trade in value was insulting to say the least.

Always the way, they'll want to make the maximum amount back on the car when they sell on it.

Theres not many MKII's around and a good one will fetch more money than Ford would give ya when sold privately.

Theres 6k off the Focus ST on the 162 offer, bringing a basic one down to about 33/34k, thats nearly 20k difference to the RS so you can see why people other than those that really want an RS would go down that route instead.

It would be some step up from the ST to an RS but if you can make the sums work i'd go for it. Fuel consumption on the RS would be in a different league too I imagine.

My priority now is trying to get a mortgage sorted so i'll be keeping my FiST long term but hey, that's not a bad thing either:)

Always the way, they'll want to make the maximum amount back on the car when they sell on it.

Theres not many MKII's around and a good one will fetch more money than Ford would give ya when sold privately.

Theres 6k off the Focus ST on the 162 offer, bringing a basic one down to about 33/34k, thats nearly 20k difference to the RS so you can see why people other than those that really want an RS would go down that route instead.

I know the Gardai bought 2 Focus ST's recently.

RS is a bit of a pipe dream for the moment, I'll come back in 6months and let ye know how it pans out.

Until then, I'll love the Fiesta everyday I drive it, great little car. :D

I know the Gardai bought 2 Focus ST's recently.

Petrol or Diesel?

I passed an Estate ST in Dublin back in May, was strange seeing one in the flesh.

Petrol or Diesel?

I passed an Estate ST in Dublin back in May, was strange seeing one in the flesh.

Petrol. Hatchbacks.

one of the guards ST's is silver

one of the guards ST's is silver

Well that's at least 3 of them then. Another is white and a third is grey.

• Advertisement

Got my info from a Ford salesman,have'nt seen them in the flesh,so my info could be wrong.

Well that's at least 3 of them then. Another is white and a third is grey.

Are they staying unmarked? At least the grey will be easy to spot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Personally I wouldn't have much hesitation about fitting the lowering springs. It can really improve the looks while making the car still look "factory" to the untrained eye. I did it in my old GTI and it made a nice difference. It did stiffen up the ride a tad though, but I had no issues with speedbumps or anything. I didn't even bother taking them out come trade in time. Dealer didn't notice.

I'd be much less keen to attach 3rd party skirts and spoilers though tbh.

I see Lyons of limerick have a new ST2 in Spirit Blue in stock with appearance pack if anyone is looking for one. Wonder will as many be sold with the 162 registration

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I see Lyons of limerick have a new ST2 in Spirit Blue in stock with appearance pack if anyone is looking for one. Wonder will as many be sold with the 162 registration

Common as muck. No individuality :D;)

Common as muck. No individuality :D;)

It's the best colour☺

• Advertisement

I'd be more interested to see if there'll be any ST200's sold.

I'd be more interested to see if there'll be any ST200's sold.

Haven't heard if they will even be importing them here. Supposedly only 400 going to the UK.

I only wish it was free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement