Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I know the guy who owns the one on the right, not shady at all, just a Ford fan, probably just admiring yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

My bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Haven't heard if they will even be importing them here. Supposedly only 400 going to the UK.

Advertised on the Irish Ford website so seems like it :)

http://www.ford.ie/Cars/Fiesta-ST/ST200

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Advertised on the Irish Ford website so seems like it :)

http://www.ford.ie/Cars/Fiesta-ST/ST200

Anyone priced one of these yet for the lol's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

testicles wrote: »
    What are people's commutes in the ST like? I'm going from a 4.3km each way to a 43km voluntarily. What kind of mpg to you get?

I do 25 miles (40kms?) a day Monday to Friday, 1 mile is I suppose sub urban and the rest is dual carriageway. Had it on 40 for a while as a test to see what it was like if I was light on my loafers. Normally sits about 33 cause I drive like a hooligan half the time :P

Does anyone know if you can turn off the sync woman... She does my head in interrupting my Spotify saying there's no apps found even though it's already playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Sounds like it would be some rocket. I'd love a blast in one.

My avg is up to 39 mpg now. 36k round trip commute with a mix of slow back road, b road and motorway for the last 5k or so, I do a good few longer spins over the weekends which has probably pushed up my average. Over 40s mpg is achievable on long spins. I've 11k miles on my car now, i think it def improves as the car loosens out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I get an average of 41.5mpg on the 161 car - I think it's still improving too.

I reckon that commute will be fine fuel wise.

• Advertisement

I reckon that commute will be fine fuel wise.

Ah definitely, 30 euro a week max, probably less bases on my commute.

Thinking of getting the MP215 pack on mine as I'll be keeping it long term!

Ah definitely, 30 euro a week max, probably less bases on my commute.

Thinking of getting the MP215 pack on mine as I'll be keeping it long term!

I'm mad to get it too, will probably be next year before I have the spare cash though

I'm mad to get it too, will probably be next year before I have the spare cash though

I'm curious as to how Ford Ireland will see it for warranty etc... I know mountune say it is approved by Ford but this is Ireland after all.

Reckon there would have a detrimental effect when it comes to selling it? I'll most likely be trading it in anyway so probably not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I'm curious as to how Ford Ireland will see it for warranty etc... I know mountune say it is approved by Ford but this is Ireland after all.

Reckon there would have a detrimental effect when it comes to selling it? I'll most likely be trading it in anyway so probably not?

If anything "this is Ireland" works in your favour tbh. The dealers are far far less stringent about warranty claims here than they would be in the UK.
    Similar thing with VW for example. VW dealers here sell and will fit VW Racing parts/merchandise even though "VW Racing" has no direct affiliation with VW.

I'd say Joe is right, I was looking into the Revo stage 1 software, cheaper than Mountune and that come with a SPS device which allows you to switch between stock or stage 1 through the OBD port. I'd say if the car was switched back to stock it wouldn't be picked up by Ford.

Interesting, I think id stick to mountune purely because the MP215 is listed as a separate car on a bunch of insurance companies database so should be straightforward.

Having said that I've never tried to insure a remapped /modified car so don't know how difficult it is...

So, almost 8 months on I'm 20k kms in and she went in for her first service yesterday, car got a full clean bill of health which was a relief.

Hoping my mileage will not be as severe next year as I am going to start pooling with the mrs going to work.

One set of front tyres and €1,375 of fuel spent on my fuel card.

It's been a hoot to be honest, I thought it might get tiring driving a "small" car every day but I'm enjoying it even more now.

Heading on what should be an epic road trip Saturday up the West coast with a group from Autostadt.ie.

How is everyone else getting on with theirs?

So, almost 8 months on I'm 20k kms in and she went in for her first service yesterday, car got a full clean bill of health which was a relief.

Hoping my mileage will not be as severe next year as I am going to start pooling with the mrs going to work.

One set of front tyres and €1,375 of fuel spent on my fuel card.

It's been a hoot to be honest, I thought it might get tiring driving a "small" car every day but I'm enjoying it even more now.

Heading on what should be an epic road trip Saturday up the West coast with a group from Autostadt.ie.

How is everyone else getting on with theirs?

Jesus youre racking up the miles! Mine has only rolled over the 7,000km mark last week!

How long did the set of OEM tires get you, and did you put the same ones on again?

I just changed the front tyres, still 6mm left in the rears according to the service report yesterday. I got 12.5k kms out of the front bridgestones but I changed them before they were down to the wear indicators. The tyre fitter said there was at least another 1k miles left on em so I took em for spares in case a tyre gets damaged accidentally.

Replaced with Kumho Ecsta KU39. Find them a great tyre and very reasonable and got them local too, couldn't be bothered with ordering online and trying to find a place to get them fitted. Better than the bridgestones. Wearing well too.

• Advertisement

Mine is noticeable but wouldn't describe it as a horse neighing!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

testicles wrote: »

I didn't opt for the Equine Dump Valve :D

Mine is noticeable but wouldn't describe it as a horse neighing!

I can only hear it with the windows down, just a little hiss tho! Wouldnt mind a bit more chatter! :D

I dread getting my tires changed cause my alloys usually wind up getting butchered! They haven't a mark on them yet... Touch wood!

I've a slight mark on one of my rear ones, caught a kerb on a tight corner one day goin through a village. Sickened but it's not that bad, not bad enough to warrant refurbing one wheel yet anyway

Went to look at an ST200 today in the metal.

Wouldn't be too impressed to be honest, the colour does nothing for it.

Wheels i'm undecided on. The full black Recaro's are lovely alright.

I'm sure the performance difference is where the money is spent but I really can't see how they are the guts of €10k dearer than the standard ST2 especially since all ST's built after summer '15 have the same suspension upgrades.

I understood that the ST200 had all the options also, the one I looked at had manual A/C and no parking sensors, a paddy spec ST200 one could say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

I understood that the ST200 had all the options also, the one I looked at had manual A/C and no parking sensors, a paddy spec ST200 one could say.

Sold to Henry Ford ;):D

Neilw wrote: »
    Sold to Henry Ford ;):D

My sights are set much higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

My sights are set much higher.

Limited edition Henry spec mustang?

1 litre 3 cylinder with windy windows and hubcaps :D

Went to look at an ST200 today in the metal.

Wouldn't be too impressed to be honest, the colour does nothing for it.

Wheels i'm undecided on. The full black Recaro's are lovely alright.

I'm sure the performance difference is where the money is spent but I really can't see how they are the guts of €10k dearer than the standard ST2 especially since all ST's built after summer '15 have the same suspension upgrades.

Maybe it's deliberate? Have you seen how VW have spec'd the much sought after very limited edition Clubsport "S". It's literally a very fast van with windows and has a 10k (?) premium over the regular Clubsport...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I seen that ST200, dealer price is meant to be about 2.5/3k over a standard ST2.

I'd prefer if we got the option to get an ST3 over the ST200, not a fan of the colour or wheels TBH.

Drove the RS down there too and I'm very tempted to take the plunge on one.

• Advertisement

The one I saw was in Limerick, no sticker price on it but i was going off the price Spirit have up.

http://www.spiritford.ie/Vehicles/Stock/1027192/1052/ford-fiesta-st200-limited-edition

Go on, fill us in on how the spin in the RS was?

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Maybe it's deliberate? Have you seen how VW have spec'd the much sought after very limited edition Clubsport "S". It's literally a very fast van with windows and has a 10k (?) premium over the regular Clubsport...

I have, the Clubsport is a class car, it's a MK7 i'd definitely look into getting my arse into in a few more years. After chasing Neil's R around Mayo a few weeks back I came to the conclusion that an MK7 will be my next car, would really love an R either!

I have, the Clubsport is a class car, it's a MK7 i'd definitely look into getting my arse into in a few more years. After chasing Neil's R around Mayo a few weeks back I came to the conclusion that an MK7 will be my next car, would really love an R either!

Haha I hope to make it on the proposed next AutoStadt run so if you're coming along you can chase mine ;)

The one I saw was in Limerick, no sticker price on it but i was going off the price Spirit have up.

http://www.spiritford.ie/Vehicles/Stock/1027192/1052/ford-fiesta-st200-limited-edition

Go on, fill us in on how the spin in the RS was?

Exceptional car, boot is a small bit bigger than the ST, down to the fancy AWD and the fuel tank isnt much bigger either, a fully brimmed RS was showing a range of about 310 miles. :pac:

Although, you're not really buying an RS for fuel economy. :o

Was out in for about 20/30mins and loved it even though it was nearly all city and dual carriageway driving. in Sport mode the temptation to plant your foot and hear the pops and crackles was enough to have be smiling like a child for the day.

Was told to wait about 18-20 weeks if I was speccing one up as I'm not gone on the "demo" model CAB have and the one they have for sale new, isnt what I'd want spec wise either and if I'm spending that much money I'll do it the way I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Exceptional car, boot is a small bit bigger than the ST, down to the fancy AWD and the fuel tank isnt much bigger either, a fully brimmed RS was showing a range of about 310 miles. :pac:

Although, you're not really buying an RS for fuel economy. :o

Was out in for about 20/30mins and loved it even though it was nearly all city and dual carriageway driving. in Sport mode the temptation to plant your foot and hear the pops and crackles was enough to have be smiling like a child for the day.

Sounds very similar to the Mk2 ST/RS so, both in fuel economy and the exhaust fun.

Oh the memories.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

GavRedKing wrote: »

Was told to wait about 18-20 weeks if I was speccing one up as I'm not gone on the "demo" model CAB have and the one they have for sale new, isnt what I'd want spec wise either and if I'm spending that much money I'll do it the way I want.

You'll be waiting longer than that Gav. I'm getting mine next month and it will be 9 months. And its coming earlier than expected, unless you get a cancelled order.

Are Ford offering decent finance deals or pcp on the RS?

55k is a lot of wedge you'd need a pretty substantial deposit I'd imagine

There was a blue one at the galway stages rally last weekend. Unreal in the metal.

fortunately I moved to the UK in 2009 so am not held by Irelands crazy prices. The RS is seriously affordable here

Are Ford offering decent finance deals or pcp on the RS?

55k is a lot of wedge you'd need a pretty substantial deposit I'd imagine

There was a blue one at the galway stages rally last weekend. Unreal in the metal.

5k deposit to order one, same as the Mustang AFAIK. Just ran through ball park figures and rough estimates, depending on your budget I'd call it steep but affordable. Although, with VW and there lower interest rates, an R would be cheaper in the long run, Focus more exclusive and desirable though, IMO anyway.

CAB had 3 of them, all of them black, 1 was the demo I was in, 1 was the the new one in the showroom and I seen the other at a Classic Ford show in Cork the weekend just gone, none of them had the optional forged wheels which would be a must for me, only one of them had the bucket setas but having sat in them in the garage, I wouldnt be pushed to spend 2k on them and only 1 had the painted calipers, while not needed, I think they stand out a bit more.

I do like the black though it would be my colour choice, I think its my favourite colour, its subtle enough not to stand out in a crowd to the average Joe but anyone that knows about cars will see or hear the difference straight away. :o
    sneakyST wrote: »
    fortunately I moved to the UK in 2009 so am not held by Irelands crazy prices. The RS is seriously affordable here

Ya, £30k, with exchange rates is nowhere near the €53-57k but then we do have that pesky VRT. Insurance and tax in England would be much more forgiving too.

Is there still a serious waiting time in England for one, at one stage I heard there was a 9/10month wait, which is why companys like RS direct started selling them slightly over mark up (2-3k) for nearly brand new cars.

I think residuals wise Gav the RS is the better bet than the Golf. RSD always bump up the prices but Ford are increasing the price again.

Still a crazy wait time, dealers still quoting 12 months. Ford have dedicated team to answer RS queries so I am not even going through my dealer. Its locked in plant and ready for production. Think there were supply issues over the standard seats which is why mine jumped the queue. I wasn't expecting it to arrive till December.

Cant wait to get it. Dealer has been told not to wash it, straight off to the detailers for a ceramic coating, then once run in, off to Mountune.:D

• Advertisement

You lucky bastid! Report back with an update and pictures. Did you go for the upgraded recaros? What colour exterior?

You lucky bastid! Report back with an update and pictures. Did you go for the upgraded recaros? What colour exterior?

Yep. The shells are a must IMO, plus all options bar heated steering wheel (wasnt available when I ordered) and Active City Stop.

I went for Nitrous Blue. Its just stunning in the flesh. I had white originally but changed my mind when I saw the blue. I'll post up pics when I get it and then when its detailed.

The slight downer is that I'm getting Sync2 not Sync3. The switch over in the factory is 23rd of September and mine has a build date of the 14th. Oh well.

I think residuals wise Gav the RS is the better bet than the Golf. RSD always bump up the prices but Ford are increasing the price again.

Still a crazy wait time, dealers still quoting 12 months. Ford have dedicated team to answer RS queries so I am not even going through my dealer. Its locked in plant and ready for production. Think there were supply issues over the standard seats which is why mine jumped the queue. I wasn't expecting it to arrive till December.

Cant wait to get it. Dealer has been told not to wash it, straight off to the detailers for a ceramic coating, then once run in, off to Mountune.:D

Oh 100%, here in Ireland the Golf R is king, its a good few K cheaper and VWs rates are a bit more attaractive than Fords, that being said, unless I really wanted a Golf, I'd take the RS over it all day.

In the UK fast Fords have a serious following too so you'll always be able to shift them. I'm not jealous at all. Hope it goes well for ya and ya'd I'd be doing the same, wouldnt let the dealer touch the car. Ya going go for the 380 kit from Mountune or ya getting more stuff, like the Intercooler, exhaust?

Also echo Hoochs comment, pics when ya get the thing. :D

I'm just not a fan of the auto boxes, in a luxo barge yes but not a sports car or hot hatch.

Not sure on the MP upgrade. The 380 has the security feature but voids the warranty. The FPM375 keeps the warranty but Mountune said they will release a handset for it with the security map (shuts the fuel pump off). Depends what map is required for 400bhp as thats what I'd like it to have and its probably enough to get the sprint to 60 in 4s. Fast enough for me.
    Then again rumours are coming about an RS500 which is basically Mountune anyway so see what happens there and what kit that has and power. They have a 500bhp rated gearbox available for the RS.

Dont want to get too silly with it though.

The blue is amazing alright it has a lovely pearlescent fleck that you don't see in pictures

61lddf6.jpg
    Good photo here
    The blue is amazing alright it has a lovely pearlescent fleck that you don't see in pictures

I'm just not a fan of the auto boxes, in a luxo barge yes but not a sports car or hot hatch.

Not sure on the MP upgrade. The 380 has the security feature but voids the warranty. The FPM375 keeps the warranty but Mountune said they will release a handset for it with the security map (shuts the fuel pump off). Depends what map is required for 400bhp as thats what I'd like it to have and its probably enough to get the sprint to 60 in 4s. Fast enough for me.
    Then again rumours are coming about an RS500 which is basically Mountune anyway so see what happens there and what kit that has and power. They have a 500bhp rated gearbox available for the RS.

Dont want to get too silly with it though.

I read somewhere that the standard intercooler was too effeicent, hence why theres a blanking plate there, so I dont think the intercooler will need an upgrade unless youre dropping in a serious after market turbo.

The car should easily make 400bhp without too much hassle and if they do go down the RS500 route, I'd imagine it will be an end of production run in a 18-24 months time, if I was guessing without any information and we'd probably not get any here in Ireland anyway. :o

Can't help thinking the Focus RS is a difficult proposition here in Ireland.

It's hard to justify the cost both in absolute and especially in relative terms. In the UK a Focus RS is a bit of a bargain and is actually cheaper than a Golf R, even though it offers more performance and a superior 4wd system. With VRT etc. added here the Focus is significantly more expensive. It shows in sales figures too. Golf R's are commonplace (and pretty ordinary looking) here with Focus RS sales still in single figures last time I looked. I realise rarity means desirabilty and that Focus RS resale values will hold up well btw.

Interestingly there's little between the price of a specced Golf GTI and an R.

I wonder does all that make a Focus ST a bit more attractive?

Can't help thinking the Focus RS is a difficult proposition here in Ireland.

It's hard to justify the cost both in absolute and especially in relative terms. In the UK a Focus RS is a bit of a bargain and is actually cheaper than a Golf R, even though it offers more performance and a superior 4wd system. With VRT etc. added here the Focus is significantly more expensive. It shows in sales figures too. Golf R's are commonplace (and pretty ordinary looking) here with Focus RS sales still in single figures last time I looked. I realise rarity means desirabilty and that Focus RS resale values will hold up well btw.

You'll have the figures closer to hand but a full spec ST is probably a good 10k cheaper than a similar RS, is an RS worth an extra 10k? Well, its a better car but thats not to say the ST isnt in its own right a fabolous car, in fact I'd go for the ST over a GTi or Golf R any day but as you said, the RS will probably sell single figures in Ireland at most maybe 15-20 by the end of their production so there will be a very small and expensive market if you want one in 5 years time.

Even a well kept MKII RS are fetching 25k + in Ireland and there isnt that many of them around either.

I cant imagine Ford will be doing the offer they done in January just gone, in terms of money off their Fiesta and Focus ST models, for 2017 and then include the RS, if they did and there was 4.5k off an RS then I'd take whatever stock was available. :pac:

Edit : The RS is basically in the Mustang price range and theres many, many more Mustangs on the road than RS's but in terms of being more practical and more powerful, the RS is a better car. I can also imagine though people buying a Mustang are buying them because theyre finally right hand drive in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

It did to a certain extent to me, when I was in the market. But then again the package being offered by VW as standard on a GTI kicks lumps out of what you get for your money from Ford. So once you spec an ST up to what you get in a GTI as standard, you're already talking R money and once that happens it's a no brainer really.

Alternatively, had anyone in the Ford garages I spoke to told me to hold off a few months (I bought in Sept) and that Ford Ireland may actually be cooking up something a bit special on the pricing of the ST here, I probably would have done so and be driving a 161 ST right now. But who knows if they even knew themselves at that stage what was planned, I find it hard to believe none of them would though...

Buying new comes down to the financial side as much as the desirability side and in the hot hatch market it's hard for anything to beat the Golf for that. One thing I am delighted with is that I didn't buy an ST last September, as I would have been royally shafted by Ford only 2-3 months later had I done so. I'd probably genuinely consider an RS as my step if Ford Ireland hadn't priced them so ridiculously over here. VRT doesn't even cover the actual mark up on them compared to the UK, so I'm not sure what actually does. Hearing that sales figures are still in single digits confirms that to me and for the car it is, that's actually really sad. It deserves to be up there with the Golf R in terms of road numbers and it's most definitely the better package in my opinion (as a fast Ford fan) and one I would love, if spec'ing one properly didn't amount to 60k.

Advertisement