Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I wouldn't be paying anywhere near that for one anyway. Seems ford have the same discounts on for 171 as there was in January this year:
    http://www.ford.ie/Cars/Fiesta-ST/Promotions

"Real savings. Real innovation. Real value. That’s our 171 Real Deal Event.

Our 171 Real Deal savings event brings you more value, bigger savings and greater options than ever before. So take a look at some of the incredible offers available right now and drop into your local showroom to find out how you can get a real deal on a brand new 171 Ford Fiesta-ST.

Model GRP Real Deal Savings Discounted GRP*
    Fiesta ST-1 €26,590 €5,000 €21,590
    Fiesta ST-2 €28,090 €5,000 €23,090
    Fiesta ST200 €32,390 €5,000 €27,390

The good news doesn’t stop there, for the first time now you also have extra peace of mind with a 7 Year† warranty**, ensuring both you and your new Ford are well looked after

*Terms & Conditions: This offer applies to new Fiesta ST units ordered from Oct 26th – Dec 4th 2016 registered by from Jan 1st – Jan 31st 2017at participating Ford Dealers only. This offer applies to trade-in vehicles aged up to 10 years which are taxed and insured at time of trade-in. Qualifying vehicles must also have a valid NCT certificate at time of trade in. Excludes metallic paint and delivery related changes. Model shown is for illustrative purposes only."

Pretty good deals in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

they've stopped painting those wheels on the RS, so its either those wheels in standard which look terrible, IMO, or the forged wheels which would be my 2nd choice, I like the above wheels but again, thats IMO.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be paying anywhere near that for one anyway. Seems ford have the same discounts on for 171 as there was in January this year:
    http://www.ford.ie/Cars/Fiesta-ST/Promotions

"Real savings. Real innovation. Real value. That’s our 171 Real Deal Event.

Our 171 Real Deal savings event brings you more value, bigger savings and greater options than ever before. So take a look at some of the incredible offers available right now and drop into your local showroom to find out how you can get a real deal on a brand new 171 Ford Fiesta-ST.

Model GRP Real Deal Savings Discounted GRP*
    Fiesta ST-1 €26,590 €5,000 €21,590
    Fiesta ST-2 €28,090 €5,000 €23,090
    Fiesta ST200 €32,390 €5,000 €27,390

The good news doesn’t stop there, for the first time now you also have extra peace of mind with a 7 Year† warranty**, ensuring both you and your new Ford are well looked after

*Terms & Conditions: This offer applies to new Fiesta ST units ordered from Oct 26th – Dec 4th 2016 registered by from Jan 1st – Jan 31st 2017at participating Ford Dealers only. This offer applies to trade-in vehicles aged up to 10 years which are taxed and insured at time of trade-in. Qualifying vehicles must also have a valid NCT certificate at time of trade in. Excludes metallic paint and delivery related changes. Model shown is for illustrative purposes only."

Pretty good deals in fairness.

Wonder will they apply a discount on the RS :o

Wishful thinking i'd say! The Focus ST has 7k off the list again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They'll still sell very few of them I reckon. The dark horse in the Focus is the ST Line I reckon. Not the black or red editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Fords pcp deals are terrible too in comparison to skoda ,vw, seat etc . Granted they have the use of vw bank but if someone was considering, say, a vw golf highline vs focus st line you'd be nuts to go with the Ford. ..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Fords pcp deals are terrible too in comparison to skoda ,vw, seat etc . Granted they have the use of vw bank but if someone was considering, say, a vw golf highline vs focus st line you'd be nuts to go with the Ford. ..

PCP is a con. Avoid it like the plague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

PCP is a con. Avoid it like the plague.

0% PCP begs to differ. :D

If you can manage to buy a car for a decent cash-like price and put it on a zero interest 3 year PCP deal, then I don't see why not pay for it over the three years rather than dump the full asking upfront.

• Advertisement

I was told by a vw dealer not to place higher than a 20 % deposit on a new car if buying by pcp, even on 0% apr. To me that defeats the purpose of pcp....at that deposit your payments are significantly higher. And ford don't do 0% afaik.....

I didnt look at the ST line Focus but the equivalent Fiesta isnt great looking at all, IMO.

I like the stance of the st line focus. But again at over 27000 its not THAT appealing

I like the stance of the st line focus. But again at over 27000 its not THAT appealing

Diesel only option too, wont appeal to all.

They used to have one or two down in CAB but havent seen one in awhile down below.

7k off is pretty tempting alright, might pop down in the next week or two, have to book the Fiesta in for a service anyway in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

PCP is a con.

WTF :rolleyes:

It's simply a medium term loan packaged up in a way that suits a lot of buyers. There's no "con" and nothing particularly new about it. If you know what you're doing and understand how it works, it works for many people.

• Advertisement

Aha "free money" :D - it's the same as snake oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Where did I say it was free? It's a loan like any other loan. The repayments are broken down differently but at the end of the day, like any other loan, you're borrowing X and repaying X+interest over the course of Y years. I suspect you know all this already though.

0% or very low PCP, like 1.9% is pretty attractive TBH.

If I liked the GTi's or R's I'd go VW in a heartbeat with their offer, at the end of the day you know what you need to pay off to keep car, or trade it in for a different model with whatever equity you have or just hand it back, but thats kind of pissing away money so I dont think thats viable at all.

Opel are doing 0% PCP too, not sure on what models but nothing of theirs attarcts me either.

dar83 wrote: »
    0% PCP begs to differ. :D

If you can manage to buy a car for a decent cash-like price and put it on a zero interest 3 year PCP deal, then I don't see why not pay for it over the three years rather than dump the full asking upfront.

There. Somebody else said it but the point stands.

Financing might be an issue for some/many but lets get back on track here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

People not understanding something is fair enough. People giving advice to others about something they dont understand though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just using the configurator there and it still gives the original price and not the 7k off it. Could get few nice extras added on for the 7k

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just using the configurator there and it still gives the original price and not the 7k off it. Could get few nice extras added on for the 7k

I think and I could be wrong, the €7k is off the actual Focus ST only.

For an ST line or any other "normal" Focus, I think the offer on the website is something like €3,750 off sticker price, open to correction on that though.

Your right about the focus st and the st line being 2 separate things. Im not sure if the real deal savings apply to the st line focus though. Thought it was just the zetec and titanium models??

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think and I could be wrong, the €7k is off the actual Focus ST only.

For an ST line or any other "normal" Focus, I think the offer on the website is something like €3,750 off sticker price, open to correction on that though.

That's my understanding too and it seems to be only on the petrol ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

This thing looks a bit lairy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

JoeA3 wrote: »
    WTF :rolleyes:

It's simply a medium term loan packaged up in a way that suits a lot of buyers. There's no "con" and nothing particularly new about it. If you know what you're doing and understand how it works, it works for many people.

It's gas the way people still don't understand it after all this time. It's not at all complicated really.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

It's gas the way people still don't understand it after all this time. It's not at all complicated really.

While it is a simple concept and widely used around the world it is relatively new to Ireland and I can't help but get the feeling based on the sheer number of people now driving €50k plus cars who wouldn't be only for PCP (as they wouldn't have a hope getting a bank loan) don't fully understand the monetary consequences and will only do so once their PCP term is up.

From my chat with the vw salesman i think pcp is a good concept for SOME buyers. ....those who don't do very high mileage, those who like to change their car reasonably often i.e every 3 years and this: those who have a definite grasp as to how it works. I've a bad feeling that those who placed a full 30% deposit on their new car, settled into those monthly repayments and intend to change again when the term is up, will get an awful shock as to how much equity is left in their car OVER the gmfv.... their new repayments will shoot up (unless they plan to save a few grand in the 3 years on the side). Getting back to ford, my earlier point still stands, their pcp is poor in comparison to other major car manufacturers. Pcp is getting quite popular and buyers will go where they get the best deals. I'm thinking of changing my car in the new year. Still unsure what to get but I'll be trading in a mk6 gti with low mileage. I'm open minded as to manufacturer but I'll always liked vw and ford. At the moment I'm not leaning towards ford. ....

From my chat with the vw salesman i think pcp is a good concept for SOME buyers. ....those who don't do very high mileage, those who like to change their car reasonably often i.e every 3 years and this: those who have a definite grasp as to how it works. I've a bad feeling that those who placed a full 30% deposit on their new car, settled into those monthly repayments and intend to change again when the term is up, will get an awful shock as to how much equity is left in their car OVER the gmfv.... their new repayments will shoot up (unless they plan to save a few grand in the 3 years on the side). Getting back to ford, my earlier point still stands, their pcp is poor in comparison to other major car manufacturers. Pcp is getting quite popular and buyers will go where they get the best deals. I'm thinking of changing my car in the new year. Still unsure what to get but I'll be trading in a mk6 gti with low mileage. I'm open minded as to manufacturer but I'll always liked vw and ford. At the moment I'm not leaning towards ford. ....

You just won't get nearly as a good deal from Ford as you will from VW, unfortunately. I was in your position last year and I was actually initially leaning more towards Ford. The numbers, along with the residuals just didn't make the Ford either attractive or viable, taking all things in to account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 drisx2

0% PCP on ST Line Fords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Optioned up one today to see what prices look like as im in market for a 25k or so new car next year.

€28700 or so with 1800 or so extras (€950 for spirit blue paint seems abit steep)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

drisx2 wrote: »
    0% PCP on ST Line Fords

ST Line is a trim level based on the Zetec rather than a performance hot hatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 drisx2

And a 120PS standard on Focus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

drisx2 wrote: »

And a 120PS standard on Focus

They have had those engines for a while, 1.0 litre ecoboost petrol and 1.5 litre TDCi diesel.

Optioned up one today to see what prices look like as im in market for a 25k or so new car next year.

€28700 or so with 1800 or so extras (€950 for spirit blue paint seems abit steep)

Check out the 171 promotions. You'll get one around 5k cheaper than.

http://www.ford.ie/Cars/Fiesta-ST/Promotions#primaryTabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Check out the 171 promotions. You'll get one around 5k cheaper than.

http://www.ford.ie/Cars/Fiesta-ST/Promotions#primaryTabs

Cheers thinking of a Seat Ibiza Cupra next august or so and Fiesta seems to be an option

Was just looking at pricing - a Focus ST Line 2.0tdci with 150bhp is actually cheaper than a version with a 1.5tdci with 120bhp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

I used PCP for my RS as it made sense for me. 30% deposit, low interest rate, low monthly, over 4 years by which time I'll have the small balloon saved in a savings account if I want to buy it outright, which I probably will.

Henry, any word on the grapevine as to when the 5-door Fiesta ST will be making it's appearance here?

I had been advised previously it was going to be "by end of year", but I'm skeptical now that the website has had it's full update with the ST Line and 171 offers etc... and there's no sign of it...

• Advertisement

Was just looking at pricing - a Focus ST Line 2.0tdci with 150bhp is actually cheaper than a version with a 1.5tdci with 120bhp.

Much nicer than a titanium too. Is the powershift any good?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Much nicer than a titanium too. Is the powershift any good?

No idea. For me a 2.0 diesel should have cruise control though. Titanium has it as standard. ST line doesnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I test drove a 2009 2.0tdci titanium powershift 2 weeks ago and found it pretty smooth, certainly no issues.

Henry, any word on the grapevine as to when the 5-door Fiesta ST will be making it's appearance here?

I had been advised previously it was going to be "by end of year", but I'm skeptical now that the website has had it's full update with the ST Line and 171 offers etc... and there's no sign of it...

If theres no word from the UK/European market I'd highly doubt they'll ship them here.

Isnt the ST 5 door only in the US but everywhere else is 3 door?

Theres a new Fiesta meant to be comgin out in 2018 and while a new ST wont be for a few yers after the new design, I'd wonder will we see a right hand drive 5 door ST.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If theres no word from the UK/European market I'd highly doubt they'll ship them here.

Isnt the ST 5 door only in the US but everywhere else is 3 door?

Theres a new Fiesta meant to be comgin out in 2018 and while a new ST wont be for a few yers after the new design, I'd wonder will we see a right hand drive 5 door ST.

They announced the 5-door in the UK back in September...

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/ford/five-door-ford-fiesta-st-comes-to-europe/

https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/new-ford-fiesta-st-5-door-vs-3-door-3151

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ford-fiesta-st-five-door-launched-uk

• Advertisement

I've heard nothing anyhow.

It's on the UK website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Case of spare 5 door chassis as they approach the end of the MK7 life cycle I guess...

I regret not putting cruise on mine :(

Case of spare 5 door chassis as they approach the end of the MK7 life cycle I guess...

I regret not putting cruise on mine :(

Me too, was looking into retrofitting and its not so easy. With VAG car all you need is the cruise stalk and a bit of coding. We'd need to change the steering wheel altogether.

5 door version, nice. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement