Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Gavman84 wrote: »
    With Montune the remap and the hardware are all allowed so no need to go reverting it back anyway. Its all Ford approved that the advantage of them over any others. Pricey tho but might be better on new cars I guess.

Thats my reasoning anyway, had I a car out of warranty I'd have gone for the cheaper option and went for a different tuner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

APR have just announced that VW dealers in the USA can map new cars.
    Wording isn't too clear whether the standard VW warranty remains or APR offer their own 60k drivetrain warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Does anyone know if the Ford Ireland warranty covers the Mountune 215 map now? I checked with Mountune last February and they said only Northern Ireland is covered under Ford warranty but there is no arrangement with ford Ireland to maintain warranty cover with the Mountune map

vintagevrs wrote: »
    But how will you sleep at night I think is the question? Is that the question. What was the question.

Ole Ford lads hate anyone getting one over on the beloved blue oval.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

peterk19 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Ford Ireland warranty covers the Mountune 215 map now? I checked with Mountune last February and they said only Northern Ireland is covered under Ford warranty but there is no arrangement with ford Ireland to maintain warranty cover with the Mountune map

If that's the case I wouldn't hesitate goin with one of the other tuners, like Revo.

peterk19 wrote: »

I asked and was told its a very grey area, that the dealer would probably cover the car in case of an incident but it is a case of waiting until an issue arises.

I mean if something goes wrong with the car and its nothing to do with any component related to the map, I'd be surprised if there would be an issue.

I dont think theres many tuned STs in the country, I know of one in Cork with the Mountune kit but it was done out of warranty, its a 131 ST when they were offering only 3 year warrantys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

REVO have just released a new version of their Stage 2 software for the ST180. Peak power increased by up to 17PS compared to the old version (ranging from 223-249PS depending on fuel quality compared to 218-232PS with the old software) and more midrange torque also. Must be good fun in a Fiesta!

I know a guy with a 15 ST who has fitted quite a few mountune bits, exhaust, springs, short shift etc. I must ask him if he has had any issues but to my mind he hasn't.

That sounds decent George, stage 2 requires uprating the exhaust and intake as well if im not mistaken?

Exhaust, intake and intercooler.

• Advertisement

I'd be happy enough with stage 1 remap and an intake.

You'd think that......

It's a slippery slope :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

You'd think that......

It's a slippery slope :pac:

Are there big insurance implications for something like a stage 2? I've never had a modified car so have no idea how insurance companies react... I can imagine it's a fairly substantial premium?

That's why I fancy the mp215 as the insurance company lists it removing the doubt about the quote you'll get...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

Are there big insurance implications for something like a stage 2? I've never had a modified car so have no idea how insurance companies react... I can imagine it's a fairly substantial premium?

That's why I fancy the mp215 as the insurance company lists it removing the doubt about the quote you'll get...

Good luck getting an insurance company to cover any performance mods on a Fiesta ST at the moment.

I am finding it hard enough to ensure mine without any remap.

Spent last few days online/on the phone to insurance companies/brokers.

Went into a broker today and was told insurance companies do not want high performance cars on their books- I wouldn't class the ST as high performance in fairness when compared to other cars out there.

Axa quoted 537 Fully comp but when I mentioned I have a Milltek Cat Back on they refused to quote(should've kept my mouth shut like everyone else). Will possibly take me on at god knows what price only if Ford gives me a letter stating the cat back provides no extra performance- Ford wont give me a letter.

Cheapest insurance quote has gone up over 1k from last year (without declaring cat back)

Anyone got a leaking tyre valve replaced under warranty?

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Anyone got a leaking tyre valve replaced under warranty?

In still on the original tyres, only covered 12000 kms so far.

Any news on the mountune kit gav?

• Advertisement

Turns out it was only a screw stuck in my tyre, i had it checked out at a tyre centre and they couldn't find anything or any signs of puncture.

The dealers must have found it when they took the tyre off the wheel.

I had read that UK dealers were replacing faulty valves hence my questioning here. The TPMS is part of the valves so it's not as simple as just replacing them with regular rubber valves when buying new tyres.

I emailed them a few weeks ago and they said it would be a few weeks more because they had a shortage of the tuning handset which they were trying to source from America.

I've a service booked in for Monday and was hoping to have it by then but its highly unlikely at this stage.

Did anyone change the tyres from Bridgestone Potenzas to similar priced tyres from Goodyear or Michelin? I'll need to chnage the front two and CAB may not have the Potenzas in stock.

Turns out it was only a screw stuck in my tyre, i had it checked out at a tyre centre and they couldn't find anything or any signs of puncture.

The dealers must have found it when they took the tyre off the wheel.

I had read that UK dealers were replacing faulty valves hence my questioning here. The TPMS is part of the valves so it's not as simple as just replacing them with regular rubber valves when buying new tyres.

I was getting the TPMS error everytime I started the car for about 2 weeks back in the summer, had it on a ramp and no evidence of anything in the tyre and after I'd say after 2 seperate re-fills of air it went away.

I took my key of the key ring too so I've just got the fob and I lost it one day down the black hole behind the handbrake, if you lift it up you'll see the hole I'm on about its just big enough for the fob to go into so I'd advise caution, its easy to get back, theres 2 screws in the back side of the center console but the panic when I lost it was surreal. :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I was getting the TPMS error everytime I started the car for about 2 weeks back in the summer, had it on a ramp and no evidence of anything in the tyre and after I'd say after 2 seperate re-fills of air it went away.

I took my key of the key ring too so I've just got the fob and I lost it one day down the black hole behind the handbrake, if you lift it up you'll see the hole I'm on about its just big enough for the fob to go into so I'd advise caution, its easy to get back, theres 2 screws in the back side of the center console but the panic when I lost it was surreal. :o

Ah the mysterious handbrake hole thief, is a bad design really.. you need one of these my friend (someone saw a hole in the market :D and set this page up..they really think of everything these days)

http://www.strongshapes.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Ah the mysterious handbrake hole thief, is a bad design really.. you need one of these my friend (someone saw a hole in the market :D and set this page up..they really think of everything these days)

http://www.strongshapes.co.uk/

That's incredible! (I'm not being sarcastic)

• Advertisement

vintagevrs wrote: »
    That's incredible! (I'm not being sarcastic)

Pretty smart alright!

Brilliant.

Its a 50 cent piece of plastic that Ford couldn't bother their arse fixing.

Worse thing was I spent a good 10mins looking all over the car, under seats, under the car itself and then seen the hole. :o

Did anyone change the tyres from Bridgestone Potenzas to similar priced tyres from Goodyear or Michelin? I'll need to chnage the front two and CAB may not have the Potenzas in stock.

I would never go to a car dealer for tyres. You will usually get a much better price elsewhere.

Changed mine over to Rainsport 3s. Much better tyre. Superb grip in the wet. Great tyre for the ST.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

testicles wrote: »
    How much? I'm in need of 2 replacements, I've rotated front to rears already

Think I paid about 190 supply and fit for fronts.

As soon as the rears go (still on original Bridgestone 45km) they will be replaced with the Rainsports as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Might be worth reading this:-

Drive a Ford fiesta st? Why not add your own tyre review and help other owners pick the right tyre!
    The following tyres have been reviewed on the Ford fiesta st
    Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 (138) 95% 88% 88% 87% 80% 86% 87% 87% 2,597,853
    Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002 (84) 91% 84% 83% 80% 77% 80% 86% 83% 592,227
    Uniroyal Rainsport 2 (224) 85% 91% 78% 76% 76% 80% 82% 81% 2,147,251
    Michelin Pilot Exalto (54) 86% 80% 76% 79% 84% 77% 83% 81% 1,797,942
    Kumho Ecsta KU39 (105) 86% 78% 80% 75% 72% 81% 80% 79% 1,100,744
    Avon ZZ3 (113) 84% 75% 78% 75% 70% 74% 74% 76% 1,618,400
    Yokohama Parada Spec 2 (114) 92% 59% 80% 80% 69% 72% 76% 75% 1,445,372
    Falken ZE912 (190) 83% 74% 76% 70% 72% 79% 73% 75% 2,048,461
    Toyo T1R (243) 85% 72% 77% 76% 63% 70% 73% 74% 3,252,023
    Pirelli PZero Nero (116) 84% 66% 72% 72% 67% 63% 61% 69% 2,059,240
    Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (182) 84% 70% 75% 72% 65% 60% 58% 69% 2,987,878
    Sunny SN3830 (15) 57% 49% 51% 48% 71% 67% 49% 56% 155,883
    Sunew YS112 (8) 39% 26% 24% 24% 20% 23% 13% 24% 36,590

I put 2 Avon ZZ3's on the last ST. They were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

I emailed them a few weeks ago and they said it would be a few weeks more because they had a shortage of the tuning handset which they were trying to source from America.

I've a service booked in for Monday and was hoping to have it by then but its highly unlikely at this stage.

Gav, try D&D for tires. They're stocking Blacklion at the moment but can get in other brands. I used them back in November, fitted 2 Goodyears.

Limbo123 wrote: »
    I would never go to a car dealer for tyres. You will usually get a much better price elsewhere.

Changed mine over to Rainsport 3s. Much better tyre. Superb grip in the wet. Great tyre for the ST.

Ya, I had a look online and I'd be saving about €35-40, depending on the tyre you're after.
    Gav, try D&D for tires. They're stocking Blacklion at the moment but can get in other brands. I used them back in November, fitted 2 Goodyears.

Might do that, I get the car washed off them reguarly enough anyway.

Got a surprise in the last 5minutes.

The Mountune kit has checked into Parcel Motel. :pac:

I got Kumho Ecsta KU39 for 90 each fitted in Modern Tyres in Limerick.

Got nearly 20k out of them and have rotated them to the rear now and put the original bridgestones on the front, will be replacing all 4 with the Kumho's again in a few months.

Great tyre in the wet and dry, I only managed 12kms out of the front Bridgestones.

• Advertisement

Mountune kit fitted with the service, next job is the tyres and then the springs and I'm done. :o

Mountune kit fitted with the service, next job is the tyres and then the springs and I'm done. :o

How do you find it? Did CAB fit it for you?

How do you find it? Did CAB fit it for you?

Theres a noticable difference in power in the lower 3rd and 4th gear range, theres less of a lag, even though there wasnt much before hand.

I'm within a 30 second drive of CAB too so didnt really get a run off it properly but early signs feel promising.

I'm not a fan of ragging a car in 1st, especially with the tyres in a close to legal limit :o so I dont know if it would make a difference there but it does seem to pull more effortlessly in the small drive I done.

I'll probably get a good spin in on the weekend and give it a try then.

Ya, CAB done it, I told them I wnated it done and I got onto my mates brother and he took care of it. I'll throw up a few pictures later once I'm out of work.

Pics from today

Kind of awkward but to install its recommended to take off the light, you can make out the Mountune airbox on the left its about a 1/3 of the size of the one it replaced

IMG-20170130-WA0003.jpg

Then the dual feed hose sits above the fog light for circulation and stop it floating around loose.

f665199c-0adb-4873-9238-8132b1e99cec.jpg

Theres also a K&N air filter to go in

2dc37a86-e93e-477a-b643-d530e32e936e.jpg

545c7982-a20d-4eee-a1cf-554a086de8b3.jpg

Thats it installed, for now I've not rigged the MTune box in the car as I hate wires everywhere but I will at the weekend and find a place for it but its not really needed once flashed.

IMG-20170130-WA0006.jpg

And the Mountune badge to top it off. (p.s. it was washed after and yes I know the reg isnt legal) :pac:

IMG-20170130-WA0008.jpg

Looks good, looking forward to your review! I probably wouldn't bother putting the MTune box in the car if it serves no purpose once the map is installed...

In other f****** annoying news my Bluetooth went mental and stopped working at the weekend, can't use Spotify app or Bluetooth audio streaming anymore. They worked perfectly for a year and now just keeps connecting and disconnecting over and over. It's due the first service in February so I'll see if it needs updating or something. Tried on 2 phones and neither work.

This had me down to using the aux in which I've realised is in such a stupid place cause you can't put anything in the little storage box cause it bends the aux connector

Looks good, looking forward to your review! I probably wouldn't bother putting the MTune box in the car if it serves no purpose once the map is installed...

In other f****** annoying news my Bluetooth went mental and stopped working at the weekend, can't use Spotify app or Bluetooth audio streaming anymore. They worked perfectly for a year and now just keeps connecting and disconnecting over and over. It's due the first service in February so I'll see if it needs updating or something. Tries on 2 phones and neither work

Ya, the MTune monitors airflow temp and a few other things but being honest, when are ya ever going to need that on the road? Mines in the glovebox now. I'm hoping to get a good blast on Sunday, one of the lads on FB I see goes to a cars and coffee in Little Island I think the first Sunday of the month so might take a trip down this Sunday, usually end up down there anyway for a Costa.

One of very few things that annoy me about the Fiesta, even with the upgraded Sony radio, its a fairly cack system and I dont like the tiny screen, its the most disappointing part of the car. GF has a Polo GT and the interior and ICE system is miles better but the driving position is very cramped, the pedals are too close together and the seats arent as supportive but its not the same kind of car as the ST.

Cork C&C is the second Sunday of the month, i was down at the last one, Limerick is on this Sunday though if you want to go for a decent spin, always a decent crowd at it.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/cars-and-coffee-limerick/14085184

I see goes to a cars and coffee in Little Island

One of very few things that annoy me about the Fiesta, even with the upgraded Sony radio, its a fairly cack system
    Yea the head unit is awful, theres so many buttons its very annoying to use while driving and the bloody woman who you cant turn off never seems to shut up.

Must head down to one of those C&C meets someday, I live about 5 minutes from there!
    testicles wrote: »
    Ooh I couldnt tell you, Ill have a looksie when I get back to the car after work. I got it in February last year and it hasnt been back to the garage since so still the same FW. Is 5.9 a more recent version?

I used the Spotify app for about 6 months with no issues and then that stopped working so I switched to the bluetooth audio which I actually prefered (cause a passenger can use spotify on the phone instead of having a big Ford logo on it) and that went tits up a few days ago :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

How can you check which version is currently on the car and how is it updated?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Next step for you gav :D Dunno how to post a proper link on my phone!

https://youtu.be/TUKw3QLhBjU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Had to turn off that ST video after 3 seconds,that shimmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee is even more annoying than c0ckboy brewer!!!

• Advertisement

Had to turn off that ST video after 3 seconds,that shimmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee is even more annoying than c0ckboy brewer!!!

I actually don't mind him, he grew on me... And his purple LT is a master piece!

Next step for you gav :D Dunno how to post a proper link on my phone!

https://youtu.be/TUKw3QLhBjU

The price for that is insane.

Its meant to be a masterpiece though. :o

The price for that is insane.

Its meant to be a masterpiece though. :o

God yea about 5000 pounds before you add in the suspension bits!
    You'd really really wanna be in love with your FiST to spend that on it! You'd be well into Focus ST money in no time at all!

You can get some money back going around cars and coffee mapping everyone's FiST haha!

God yea about 5000 pounds before you add in the suspension bits!
    You'd really really wanna be in love with your FiST to spend that on it! You'd be well into Focus ST money in no time at all!

You can get some money back going around cars and coffee mapping everyone's FiST haha!

By the time you convert that to Euro ita crazy amount alright.

Even the MR230 isnt cheap with the hardware you need. I would like an exhaust though, I dont think theres a great sound from the stock exhaust.

It would be handy if one MTune could flash a few cars, its meant to be linked specifically to the car though as I had to give them my VIN before they sent to stop such acts. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement