Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

By the many arms of Vishnu you maybe correct there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I checked mine last night and it is version 5.8. Is worth doing to the update to 5.9? Don't know if I want to go through all the rigmarole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I checked mine last night and it is version 5.8. Is worth doing to the update to 5.9? Don't know if I want to go through all the rigmarole!
    If its not giving you any trouble I leave it be. Im gonna insist the dealer does mine during the service cause its effectively useless the way it is...

If its not giving you any trouble I leave it be. Im gonna insist the dealer does mine during the service cause its effectively useless the way it is...

Yeah i think you are right, i've had an issue the odd time where the steering wheel controls get jumbled up, e.g. i'd be pressing the volume up button and it could skip to the next track, and vice versa, bit of a weird one.

I'll be going in for service 2 in the next couple of months and will mention it then if it gets more frequent.

Just recorded a PB average over my last tank, 625 kms, 388 miles, 39.5 mpg.

Seems to be improving or my driving style is getting more relaxed.
    400 miles to a tank is possible which frankly is brilliant for a 200bhp petrol car.

Just recorded a PB average over my last tank, 625 kms, 388 miles, 39.5 mpg.

Seems to be improving or my driving style is getting more relaxed.
    400 miles to a tank is possible which frankly is brilliant for a 200bhp petrol car.
    I did about 400 miles on a weened trip from cork to clare, driving around up there and back down... did it all in one tank which was pretty decent.
    Back to normal with the commute now though! :o I did 40 MPG for 2 tanks a while back on the commute but it took a lot of effort to do it! Not arsed usually and do 35 36 ish mpg

http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/fiesta-st/18913/2017-ford-fiesta-st-revealed-fords-smallest-hot-hatch-loses-a-cylinder-but

How do we all like the new model?

I like it. Overall on the exterior it looks pretty similar to the MK7 from the front end anyway. Not sure about the wheels but will reserve judgement until I see one in person. The interior looks a good bit better than the current model which is showing its age at this stage.

That colour looks nice also, and the 3 cyl should be very economical when driven easily. but it probably won't sound as good as the MK7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

When are they going to be on sale. :o

Sometime next year or later this year?

Just on the interior, its the one outstanding part of the current model that I think lets the car down, its a brilliant car but the interior is woeful really compared to its rivals, well, except for the Ibiza FR/Cupra which IMO is worse.

New interior looks up to date and the steering wheel looks good and chunky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I was just about to say that, the odd cylinder setup sound might actually put the straight 4 of the current model to shame. :D

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Agreed! I prefer the noise of a 5 cylinder over a 6 cylinder any day. Many small 3 cylinders sounds great if they are done right. People just hear those brutal sounding VW ones and think they all sound crap.

Hopefully they have done a good job, i agree those old 5 cylinders in the Focus ST's sounded fantastic.

I'm not mad on the back of it, I think it looks like the back of a cmax that they shrunk done to fit a fiesta... Don't like the wheels but there may be other options available. Not big on the colour but I said that the first time I saw the press pics of the Nitrous blue RS but that looks fantastic in the metal!
    The interior looks a lot better but there still so many buttons! I've the Sony head unit in the ST and it's impossible to use while driving!

The wheels and back are a let down. Im not sold on it but it could be nicer in the flesh depending on spec.

It sounds like theyre abaonding the ST 1,2,3 and going basic and add on whatever you like aftwrwards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Am I the only one that prefers the current Fiesta to the forthcoming one? Ok, so the forthcoming one is similar in profile from the side and front to the current model. Well, at least in three door guise anyway. For me, though, I feel that the interior of the new model is a letdown. That screen looks like an afterthought, and is something not restricted to Ford. Other manufacturers are adopting or have adopted similar ideas. I do like the interior of the current Fiesta. Personally, I can't really fault it. And, it's coming from someone with an '09 Titanium.

My gf has a 151 Polo GT, similar enough car to my ST and the interior is miles better. I think in this class the ST interior is pretty poor.

I prefer the driving position in the ST the pedals arent as close but as a place to sit for long jourey the GT is much better. Theres nothing wrong with the ST interior IMO but its just not that great.

I do prefer the current ST looks wise to this upcoming one but that might change when we see colours and specs in the coming months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Could we have a new thread for the NEW (M.Y. 2018 Fiesta ST?!)

And this one renamed to the Old Fiesta?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A bit pricey!

That's my old car BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I think he meant to include the URL for this: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-mca-st-1-6-182ps-2dr/14918732

Maybe an embedded image link gone wrong so it's not showing for the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

dar83 wrote: »
    I think he meant to include the URL for this: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-mca-st-1-6-182ps-2dr/14918732

Maybe an embedded image link gone wrong so it's not showing for the rest of us.

Horrendous money for the year and spec, you'd have a new one for not much more

How are people fairing out for insurance this year?

Mine is back up around the €700 mark, was 640 last year. 31 full no claims, 3 points, accountant with the girlfriend on the policy.

Didn't shop around yet but i've a feeling i wont beat that anyway so will probably end up paying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

Mine is back up around the €700 mark, was 640 last year. 31 full no claims, 3 points, accountant with the girlfriend on the policy.

Didn't shop around yet but i've a feeling i wont beat that anyway so will probably end up paying it.

That is a pretty good quote/renewal.

I'm 37, driving 20 yrs , max no claims, no points, owned the car from new- had it 2 years. Additional security on it, full time use of another car.

Was getting quotes North of €1.1k last month. Last year i was paying under €550.

Spent a week on the phone ringing companies up North and down here and called to a few brokers and managed to get it back to €610.

I've had faster cars and more expensive cars previously. This is the first year I have ever encountered companies refusing to quote a car.

Pretty much the same as yourself.

31, accountant, Full NCB, full license nearly 10 years, 0 points, was paying roughly €600 last year I think.

Insurance isnt up until June 29th but I'm hoping it stays in and around what I'm paying now.

I've switched 3 times in the last 5 years anyway for better deals so that part doesnt bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

Hey guys, bit of advice wanted... I'm an irish guy, recently started working in the uk full time. I need a car there and want my current car at home, and I'm very enticed by the deals on for the ST at the moment. 0% pcp with £1000 down and monthly repayments of £280. 24 month contract. The car itself is fully specced out ST-3. Shopping around on carwow, I've found the average price to be £17k.

Anyway, to my question. Do you think the new incoming ST will result in the car being massively devalued in two years time? Because at the moment, the going price for a 2 year old is £11k ish, around £1k more than the GFV from the PCP offer, Which really makes the deal a no brainer.

Having test drove a few, I love the car and it'll suit my needs perfectly.

• Advertisement

My Fiesta ST is getting a new owner shortly....

My Fiesta ST is getting a new owner shortly....

You buying a third one? :D

Did you sell privately or trade in? What you getting?

Timooo_23 wrote: »
    Hey guys, bit of advice wanted... I'm an irish guy, recently started working in the uk full time. I need a car there and want my current car at home, and I'm very enticed by the deals on for the ST at the moment. 0% pcp with £1000 down and monthly repayments of £280. 24 month contract. The car itself is fully specced out ST-3. Shopping around on carwow, I've found the average price to be £17k.

Anyway, to my question. Do you think the new incoming ST will result in the car being massively devalued in two years time? Because at the moment, the going price for a 2 year old is £11k ish, around £1k more than the GFV from the PCP offer, Which really makes the deal a no brainer.

Having test drove a few, I love the car and it'll suit my needs perfectly.

Go for it. I don't think the new model will massively devalue the current ST, worst case scenario after two years you'll lose a grand or two, lifes too short to worry about that kind of stuff.

You buying a third one? :D

Did you sell privately or trade in? What you getting?

2 and out. Great cars both of them. I'm going back to the dark side. A Focus diesel :eek:

2 and out. Great cars both of them. I'm going back to the dark side. A Focus diesel :eek:

ST diesel? I may end up in a diesel car next unfortunately, wondered what the ST diesels are like to drive.

• Advertisement

Was it hard to sell on?

At least you can say you had 2 of them! more than most!! :pac:

ST diesel? I may end up in a diesel car next unfortunately, wondered what the ST diesels are like to drive.

I wish. It's a 120bhp 1.5 TDCI ST Line. Looks good but it'll be a bit slow. My circumstances and increased mileage are dictating things unfortunately.

It'll be comfortable and economical on my long hauls though :D

Was it hard to sell on?

At least you can say you had 2 of them! more than most!! :pac:

Easy to move on. It'll be the only 161 ST2 available (I think).

As great as they are to drive, the cabin build quality is starting to grate me. I've a rattle from the drivers door around the speaker that's driving me particularly nuts, this is after a year and 23k miles or so.

Most likely i'll be going back to a german after this, hopefully a Golf GTi but more realistically it'll be a GTD or even a Skoda VRS

Left something in the glove box so called by dealers this morning to collect.

Car is sold already apparently!

p.s. I owned 2 of these cars from new, and put up over 36000 miles on them over 2 years. They are super little cars. Fun, quick, and nimble too. Handling is great fun. They were also 100% reliable and surprisingly affordable to run. Ride is a bit firm but a Fiesta ST is a car anyone could enjoy. Recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭Chefjom

Hi everyone, have my 15 st tor a few few weeks and absolutely love it. Just wondering where does do ye get decent quotes for insurance from. I'm 34 with max ncb and keep getting 1000 plus quites. Also Henry ford was your zetec s silver by any chance. Thanks for looking

31, full clean license, full ncb and got a qoute from axa of €630.

Its up in June and i think thats close to what I pay anyway atthe moment.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    31, full clean license, full ncb and got a qoute from axa of ?630.

Its up in June and i think thats close to what I pay anyway atthe moment.

Paid 640 last year went up slightly this year to 690. 31 also and that's with AIG through Britton Insurance brokers. Also have my other half on the car for that.

I had a look at insurance for an RS, long story short, I might be putting down a deposit on one for a 181 delivery, due to a 5 or 6 month wait but anyway that came back at €910 AXA, €970 with Aviva, €1020 with AIB and €920 with AIG.

Chefjom wrote: »
    Hi everyone, have my 15 st tor a few few weeks and absolutely love it. Just wondering where does do ye get decent quotes for insurance from. I'm 34 with max ncb and keep getting 1000 plus quites. Also Henry ford was your zetec s silver by any chance. Thanks for looking

My 09 Zetec S was red. Smashing car too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭Chefjom

Thanks for replies, best I found was with an post for 640 which seems ok. The focus rs sounds like a great machine alright. Can see myself keeping the fiesta for a long time, love it. Ford have come a long way in the last ten or so years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

*zombie post*

Anybody else find the odd gears a bit of a reach, I'm not a particularly tall person and it's starting to annoy me a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I imagine a quick shift might help you out there? Should be cheap enough to get one sorted.

Paudee wrote: »
    *zombie post*

Anybody else find the odd gears a bit of a reach, I'm not a particularly tall person and it's starting to annoy me a bit.

I feel you pain, I have inhumanly short arms and I do find third a bit of a reach (and first but wouldnt be grabbing that in a hurry much). I think 5th is okay as its closer to the drivers side of the box. I tend to lean forward a tad when I drive for some reason but when I consciously make an effort to lean back the knob is annoyingly far away!!

An a side note, Ive got my first tyre change coming up in the next few weeks... What did people go with? Im thinking either SportContact5 or Rain Sport 3's. Any opinions on these? They're similarly priced on openeo at the moment in 205/40/17. Theres also EagleF1's but these are a tad more expensive and I haven't heard the best feedback on their longevity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

I feel you pain, I have inhumanly short arms and I do find third a bit of a reach (and first but wouldnt be grabbing that in a hurry much). I think 5th is okay as its closer to the drivers side of the box. I tend to lean forward a tad when I drive for some reason but when I consciously make an effort to lean back the knob is annoyingly far away!!

An a side note, Ive got my first tyre change coming up in the next few weeks... What did people go with? Im thinking either SportContact5 or Rain Sport 3's. Any opinions on these? They're similarly priced on openeo at the moment in 205/40/17. Theres also EagleF1's but these are a tad more expensive and I haven't heard the best feedback on their longevity?

Totally different car but I've changed from oem Conti Sport 3 to the latest Conti Sport 6 and they are a big improvement in dry and wet and seem to be wearing v well. Rain Sports are great if you don't do a lot of miles as they wear quickly

Casati wrote: »
    Rain Sports are great if you don't do a lot of miles as they wear quickly

That suits me, my 161 reg is just after crossing the 18,000km mark... Factory potenzas are still going strong, but there not much left in them!

Reviews suggested Avon ZZ3 fit the FST. Went with them. No issues.

That suits me, my 161 reg is just after crossing the 18,000km mark... Factory potenzas are still going strong, but there not much left in them!

Recently changed to Eagle F1's and find them really good. Much better than bridgestones.

18km, I've just tipped over the 50k mark this week in mine:eek::D

Recently changed to Eagle F1's and find them really good. Much better than bridgestones.

18km, I've just tipped over the 50k mark this week in mine:eek::D

Jaysus! Step away from the keys!! :pac: Im being a cheap student this time around so will probably go for the UniRoyals cause theyre 20 quid a corner cheaper :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

How are all the FST owners getting on? I have been keeping an eye on asking prices and the ST seems to holding its value quite well.

Advertisement