Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Three cylinders can sound very nice, and like a mini six cylinder (which is a good thing), but to me a hot hatch should be a revvy four cylinder.

I'm sure it will still be a nice car though - after all the old model has a great reputation (I'd really love to drive one sometime).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thats a pricey Polo. :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Some people like 3 cylinder units. Not that there is anything wrong with them but I wouldn't be a major fan I prefer 4 cylinder units. I think the 1.5 would be a nicer unit if it was a 4 cylinder but each to their own.

I'll wait and see. The 1.6l 4 pot was great, and it'd be a major error if the new unit is inferior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

I think I'd save my pennies and buy a golf...32 is mad money for a polo

........32 is mad money for a polo

Yup ...........Focus ST are about that when being special offered iirc.

testicles wrote: »

I'm hopeful of a fully loaded Fiesta for sub 30k but nothing holding my breath. :o

The more I see it the more I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one.

I was in chatting to the salesman when mine was getting serviced about tracking down a focus ST. It seems he can't really get his hands on one to might see about pricing on the FiST.

17.5k was what he offered for mine FYI. Its got 4 new tyres and just been serviced with 25k km on the clock for reference.

• Advertisement

I was going to sell mine private and would have asked for a but less than that to shift it.

I'm also at nearly 40,000kms though.

I've outstanding finance on mine, considerably less than what it would sell and be cleared for so if the figures are decent, I might go about looking at a 191 ST.

Edit, its a good price too for your car though, meant to say.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I was going to sell mine private and would have asked for a but less than that to shift it.

I'm also at nearly 40,000kms though.

I've outstanding finance on mine, considerably less than what it would sell and be cleared for so if the figures are decent, I might go about looking at a 191 ST.

Edit, its a good price too for your car though, meant to say.

It's a great price, I was expecting him to say I'm or around 16 at best! I'd imagine they'd offer the same on yours considering they're the same spec? And extra 15k shouldn't have thar much if an impact. Might give a call about the new fiesta as the class about Focus STs have dried up. All he could find were diesels

It's a great price, I was expecting him to say I'm or around 16 at best! I'd imagine they'd offer the same on yours considering they're the same spec? And extra 15k shouldn't have thar much if an impact. Might give a call about the new fiesta as the class about Focus STs have dried up. All he could find were diesels

It would also save me dealing with eejits and time wasters if I went private.

I'll have to run it by she who must be obeyed though first, naturally. :o

If you were able to sell it privately and wanted a Focus ST, I'd go across the water anyway, you'd have an endless options compared to here.

My biggest issue is the price is still a bit strong on the Fiesta ST, IMO, to have people biting at 15-17k.

It would also save me dealing with eejits and time wasters if I went private.

I'll have to run it by she who must be obeyed though first, naturally. :o

If you were able to sell it privately and wanted a Focus ST, I'd go across the water anyway, you'd have an endless options compared to here.

My biggest issue is the price is still a bit strong on the Fiesta ST, IMO, to have people biting at 15-17k.
    Selling privately would be ideal but I just couldn't face the numpties that would be showing up to kick the tyres. I've never sold a car privately for that exact reason, I'd rather take a bit of a hit and trade it. There's a few lovely Focus STs showing up on the picture thread that people have brought over from the UK in fairness
    Would be hard to get a bite at that money alright I think, there's a limited market for a 17k Ford fiesta!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Think the new Focus is due in late July/August afaik. New ST/RS would be a good bit further off that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Yeah as Jazz said late July/Aug. You'll see the ST variant (or least demo) in Jan or so. No more RS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Jesus, it doesn't feel like the RS was out that long at all for it to be end of line already. The new Fiesta is an interesting car, I was in the mk8 ST line and the interior felt like a nice place to be. I also like the exterior looks, it looks quite wide and low for what it is.

On them getting more expensive, as with all cars, you are getting more and more car though. It's probably not far off the size now of a mk1 Focus. Same with the new polo GTi. I see people on another thread mentioning it's strong money for a polo (which it is) but again it's growing in size every year, probably bigger than some of the older Golfs.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Jesus, it doesn't feel like the RS was out that long at all for it to be end of line already. The new Fiesta is an interesting car, I was in the mk8 ST line and the interior felt like a nice place to be. I also like the exterior looks, it looks quite wide and low for what it is.

On them getting more expensive, as with all cars, you are getting more and more car though. It's probably not far off the size now of a mk1 Focus. Same with the new polo GTi. I see people on another thread mentioning it's strong money for a polo (which it is) but again it's growing in size every year, probably bigger than some of the older Golfs.

We never got the ST3 as an option here so we might not get the full fat new ST either.

I just hope it's not over priced because it could be a cracking little car and in 5 door, would appeal to even more people who might need the extra doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Will never get the ST-3 or Fiesta equivalent here. Id to go to UK for mine.
    There just isn't a demand for it plus, there is such a difference in pricing between the UK and here I'm not sure it would make sense for garages to get one in for a customer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Good to see the retained values in FiST's staying relatively high.

It's a bona fide future classic. Sporty, affordable and fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I'm going to be keeping mine until 2019 at least, mileage is a little higher than most, sitting at 68k now hopefully it will be hold value well when the new model arrives. I think i need something a bit bigger and refined as my next car but i've had some serious fun in the Fiesta. If the new ST fits the bill I will definitely consider it but I've a feeling i'll be going for something from the VAG line up. My other half picked up her new Ibiza FR last week and have to say on a build quality level the mk 7 Fiesta is miles behind but it is an old car at this stage. The tech in the Ibiza is different level too and it was very affordable for a brand new car.

Today I learned the DRLs dim when you turn on the headlights... It's amazing what I'll do to entertain myself in traffic...

Saw the Ibiza in the pic thread... Lovely car, would like to see more pics! Are they dsg?

Today I learned the DRLs dim when you turn on the headlights... It's amazing what I'll do to entertain myself in traffic...

Saw the Ibiza in the pic thread... Lovely car, would like to see more pics! Are they dsg?

Its the 1.0 TSi 95ps manual. It won't win any drag races but its perfectly adequate for every day driving. In comparison to the old 1.4 TDi she had its a massive step up. I'll get some better pics the next time i have to clean it.

Spec. is as yet unknown presumably?

They also dim when the indicator comes on.

I seen a different Fiesta with DRLs indicate at a roundabout and was amazed at it, I suppose its something you rarely every see on your own car. :o

Spec. is as yet unknown presumably?

Ford havent said anything nor has there been any hints at grades, like the ST 1/2/3.

I'd say it will be a base car with options and packs from the factory.

The diff does sound appealing but as I said earlier, I dont think I'd get the use out of it. :o

I've an account but cant remember my login or email I used to set it up. :o

Ah now I see the ST3 car, with a performance pack.

Although I thought the launch control was standard. :o

• Advertisement

Belgian article on that site claiming that the new car, in Belgium, will be priced at least 23k, 2k more expensive than the Mk7.

http://www.autofans.be/nieuws/officieel/39164-ford-kleeft-prijs-op-fiesta-st

€950 more for the performance pack
    ell, the Fiesta ST is for 950 euros a mechanical limited slip differential between the front legs thanks to the ST Performance Pack. There is also a launch control and 'performance' gear indicator packaged.

Mentions the "ultimate edition"
    Then you can go for the Fiesta ST Ultimate version. With half-leather Recaro's (standard fabric specimens), B & O audio system, navigation, automatic air conditioning and 18-inch rims (standard 17) with red brake calipers hidden behind it. Then add the 5-door version to (+500 euro) and that Performance Pack and the most expensive Fiesta ST that you can drive outside will cost you 27.450 euro

So €27,450 in Belgium for a top spec Fiesta, I'd say you can bump that price in Ireland by about 10/15%.

Any word?

Theres a few pictures doing the rounds of the new focus, I kind of like it, its shorter at the back and has a longer (looking) bonnet.

The side profile reminds me of an A45.

The interior, like the Fiesta, has got a big upgrade compared to the outgoing model.

No word on an ST version yet though but theyre doing 1.0/1.5 Ecoboosts and 1.5/2.0 Diesels as launch models.
    All powertrains support Auto Start-Stop as standard and a choice between a six-speed manual and new eight-speed automatic transmission.

The choice of engine on offer includes the 1.0-litre EcoBoost with either 85PS, 100Ps and 125PS and a new 1.5-litre EcoBoost engine with either 150PS or 182PS.

Dieesel variants come with 1.5-litre 95PS and 120PS and and for the 2.0-litre 150PS.

It will be interesting to track the Irish price as according to Ford :
    Prices start at £17,930 for the Focus Style – £2,300 below the model it replaces.

Focus Zetec and ST-Line – together representing 55 per cent of sales – are now £850 and £250 less respectively.

The new Focus range will comprise seven variants from launch. Starting with Style (at £17,930), the range progresses through Zetec (£19,300), ST-Line (£21,570), ST-Line X (£24,050), Titanium (£21,550), Titanium X (£22,820) and Vignale (£25,450).

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and say for an ST3 with performance pack and your pick of paint, you wont get much change out of 32k.

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and say for an ST3 with performance pack and your pick of paint, you wont get much change out of 32k.

Lower!

Lower!

€31,995?

:pac:

€31,995?

:pac:

What were the discounted Focus ST going for in the last couple of years in the Jan type events?

On the other tangent, a 182ps petrol 1.5 new model focus is a very nice option IMO.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    What were the discounted Focus ST going for in the last couple of years in the Jan type events?

On the other tangent, a 182ps petrol 1.5 new model focus is a very nice option IMO.

I think, there was about 5.5k off the Focus ST when I was going about my Fiesta in 2016 and they had similar offers in 2017. Not 100% on the figure but it rings a bell for some reason.

I dont know TBH, I suppose we'll see when they release pricing for it.

The MK7 ST3 in England had a few upgrades over the ST2 that werent deal breakers, the leather seats wouldnt bother me and the Sat Nav on the tiny screen in the MK7 wouldn't have overly bothered me.

I think climate control was standard in the MK7 ST3 too.

There was nearly 8k off the Focus ST in Jan 16 iirc. 5k off the Fiesta.

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I only know because my all lad just ordered a new Focus ST, which had €8,750 off the top before he even mentioned his trade-in or started to negotiate. Cracking value, even for a Ford :D
    hooch-85 wrote: »
    There was nearly 8k off the Focus ST in Jan 16 iirc. 5k off the Fiesta.

Correction 9k!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Not on today's topic but I just asked the cost of changing my insurance over to a ST.

They won't quote it. If I provide proof of ownership they'd send it to the underwriters. The kicker is I'm 40. Currently insured on a DC2 type r.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Not on today's topic but I just asked the cost of changing my insurance over to a ST.

They won't quote it. If I provide proof of ownership they'd send it to the underwriters. The kicker is I'm 40. Currently insured on a DC2 type r.

Thats unreal!

Insurance companies bug the s**t out of me TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Newer Focus st are nasty to get insured and fiesta st is actually strangely cheap. Lads here were showing off their premiums and they were all in region of 600ish.

I know its different car, but its a newer hot hatch too. Seat ibiza cupra and my quotes were very nasty this year. Liberty had balls to ask me 2700eu!!! Others 1100-1500eu. Keep in mind I am 32 with 9 ncb! Cheapest one I got was from my broker I used last year for 995eu.

Insurance companies just dont like hot hatches, no matter how new or old they are.

We still dont have pricing for new fiesta st here in Ireland?

Ya my insurance went up slightly for last year, 2nd year of ownership in the Fiesta, 31, 9 years NCB and it went from 660 (IIRC) to over 850, changed companies and added herself to the policy to bring it back down to about 670 (IIRC).

Cant wait for July to see what I get quoted with another years older and another year NCB, I'm expecting a hike, it only goes one way. :rolleyes:

No price update on the new Fiesta ST yet.

I'm going to call into CAB tomorrow see if they know anything, although I'm very 50/50 about selling my Mk7 ST at the moemnt and plowing the money into saving hard for the final stages of a mortgage for a few months and coming back to a MK8 down the line.

I just cant pull myself to take the pictures, advertise it and pick something up for 6-12months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Has anybody else had issues with window rattle?

The driver's side is driving me mental, I said it to them at the last service. Naturally they said they'd have a look then did absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Is it expected that when Ford announce the ST in Ireland that they will have all the prices and options online? Is this expected in the next few weeks? I'm guessing all new STs will be 191 at this stage.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Is it expected that when Ford announce the ST in Ireland that they will have all the prices and options online? Is this expected in the next few weeks? I'm guessing all new STs will be 191 at this stage.

Looks that way, maybe a few demo's might be registered in 182. I'm hoping they offer all the buyers of Mk7 ST's a day to test out the Mk8, even though i don't think i'll buy one. I think Ford will have to make their finance a bit more attractive for people to pay €30k+ on a Fiesta.

• Advertisement
Advertisement