Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I'm afraid I'm with Joe, they're not good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Bit late to the party but I think the alloys look great and that’s the best colour I’ve seen so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

testicles wrote: »
    Anyone seen any on these shores yet?

You won't. They don't get released for a few months here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

It looks taller than it is long, like a wellington boot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

testicles wrote: »

In European terms we are a very very small market unfortunately.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Lhd and logistics.

We are they only rhd market with a kph speedo requirement, and we're also a longer boat ride away than any other sub market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Lyons of Limerick have a 3 door in magnetic in stock.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Looks really good. Even the alloys look ok.

Went in for a look, pictures really don't do them justice, they look real well in the metal, even the back end! Interior is different level. Wheels look well too and I'd say 18s suit the car best.
    Seats look even bigger than mk7 so rear space is tight, I wonder if the 5 door will improve on this. Probably won't be my next car as I'll be going for something a bit bigger but for anyone seriously interested it looks like they won't disappoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Matt's Comparison of old ST v new ST.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

The power those little 3 pots put out these days is impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

bazz26 wrote: »
    Matt's Comparison of old ST v new ST.

The wheels on the new car are ugly as sin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

New 5 door ST down in CAB, Cork at the moment, looks to be a demo model have being registered as a 182 D XXX.

Pictures online don't do it justice IMO and after having it follow me up the road to work, I think it has got a nice presence on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

I see the Mk7 has developed an annoying habit of spontaneous combustion.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-45628325

Has anyone ordered a MK8 Fiesta ST? Heard there was a price drop to approx €25k for the ST2 which would be a bit more representative of good value. I wonder what type of discount one could get for a 191 order?

• Advertisement

25227 for the ST2, 27710 for the ST3. The ST isn't on the Ford Ireland configuration tool yet, which is disgraceful.

Long lead-times for the ST3 though, I'm led to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

25k and 28k is actually looking like a not bad price.

Much difference between St2 and St3?

5 door ST2 for 26k ish and hopefully on good apr could be a really interesting option.

Apparently Ford Ireland aren't offering the 5 door which is a silly move imo.

hooch-85 wrote: »

I just went through configurator and you are right. No option for it. Another dumbass move by Ford.

I put together ST2 and a lot of stuff that is standard on my cupra are all options on ST.
    Sport pack 900eu
    Led lights 700eu.
    On top of that I threw in:
    Folding mirrors 70eu
    Heated seats and steering wheel 70eu
    Keyless entry 300eu

All that came up to 27.5k add another 1k for bull**** delivery charge and we are at 28-29k eu.
    If there is no 5 door then its not an option at all for me.

29k can buy me a very nicely speced one or two year old Leon cupra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Pretty sure if you want to put a deposit on a factory order with 5 doors that's they'll order it for you.

Why wouldn't they offer it as a five door? Seems utterly daft to me when Ford UK offers it so long as you don't buy the ST1 version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

25227 for the ST2, 27710 for the ST3. The ST isn't on the Ford Ireland configuration tool yet, which is disgraceful.

Long lead-times for the ST3 though, I'm led to believe.

It is on the configurator now.

SaintsYB wrote: »
    It is on the configurator now.

Aye, found it under the regular Fiesta configurator which is odd, especially when there are 3 different Focus' on it - Focus, the All-New Focus and Focus ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

Aye, found it under the regular Fiesta configurator which is odd, especially when there are 3 different Focus' on it - Focus, the All-New Focus and Focus ST.

Yeah, I only found it by complete chance. I've looked under the regular Fiesta before and it wasn't there so didn't expect it to be, especially when the Focus ST has it's own one.

What is the difference between st2 and st3 apart from wheels and half leather seats? Or that is it? As by the looks of it, you still need to add led light, sport pack, heated seats etc with st3.

Go back a page or two and look at an attachment I posted, it's listed there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

What is the difference between st2 and st3 apart from wheels and half leather seats? Or that is it? As by the looks of it, you still need to add led light, sport pack, heated seats etc with st3.

According to auto express, the ST3 adds;

''Navigation, a rear view camera, power folding mirrors, rain sensing wipers, automatic high beam, lumbar adjustment, a 4.2-inch TFT display in the instrument panel and a part leather interior are included. The ST-3 rides on larger 18-inch wheels too''

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/st-hatchback

Are UK specs the same as Ireland though?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

bazz26 wrote: »
    Are UK specs the same as Ireland though?

Seems to be broadly in line based on the complete car review;

''The ST 3 adds 18-inch wheels, electrically folding door mirrors, part-leather upholstery for the seats, satnav, rear-view camera and parking sensors, auto wipers and more.``

https://www.completecar.ie/car-reviews/article/Ford/Fiesta/Fiesta_ST/580/8224/2018-Ford-Fiesta-ST-review.html

Wait, what?! Auto wipers are not standard too?

No auto wipers is crazy. Such a cheap thing to put in a car as well. It's the one thing along with lumbar support that I really wish my E46 had.

No auto wipers is crazy. Such a cheap thing to put in a car as well. It's the one thing along with lumbar support that I really wish my E46 had.

Auto lights and wipers should be default at this point. I never knew I needed it so much in my life until I got a car with those two options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

hooch-85 wrote: »

Very disappointing - I don’t do nearly as many motorway miles these days, so I was going to trade down to one of these, or something like a 1yo Gti (had a mk5 before). Can’t imagine why they wouldn’t sell the 5-door in Ireland, it might be a decision out of their control perhaps.
    Otherwise it’s just plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

You can get a 5 door.

If you're hung up over minor spec. details I think you're missing the point here. No offence.

The availability of five doors is not what I would consider a minor spec detail tbh.

• Advertisement

If you're hung up over minor spec. details I think you're missing the point here. No offence.

They are pretty much standard features on a lot of brand new cars these days just like a good infotainment system, bluetooth, ABS and DTC, doesn't mean you have to do without them or give the likes of Ford justification to charge extra for some of them just because it's a hot hatch. Also most hot hatches are used as daily drivers too so expecting a few modern day standard creature comforts shouldn't be seen as missing the point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Does our own Henry Ford still drive one?

The availability of five doors is not what I would consider a minor spec detail tbh.

That's body style not spec.

Look there's 3 trim levels on these and the least expensive is keener value than its rivals.

If you want more toys go for the higher trim level.

It's pretty straightforward.

Bazz's Motoring Top Trumps ftw.

Does our own Henry Ford still drive one?

Not currently.......

bazz26 wrote:
    They are pretty much standard features on a lot of brand new cars these days just like a good infotainment system, bluetooth, ABS and DTC, doesn't mean you have to do without them or give the likes of Ford justification to charge extra for some of them just because it's a hot hatch. Also most hot hatches are used as daily drivers too so expecting a few modern day standard creature comforts shouldn't be seen as missing the point.

Auto lights and wipers aren't standard on a VW Polo GTI costing €32695 ex works.

Auto lights and wipers aren't standard on a VW Polo GTI costing €32695 ex works.

Its standard on ibiza cupra costing 22k ex works.

VW is the worst example to give. Whole polo gti is overpriced as hell. And saying Ford is better then VW is like saying Stalin was better then Hitler. Spoiler alert: they were both colossal assholes.

Its standard on ibiza cupra costing 22k ex works.

But nobody wants one of those.

Ouch. Right in to feels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

then they don't know what they are missing :pac:

Advertisement