Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Will do, so far so good, have it about two weeks now. Sitting outside here in it now with the laptop and enabling some features that were disabled, including launch control :)

IMG-20201204-183219.jpg

The real performance pack parts were fitted today. Took it out and it's the exact same car when cruising about as you'd expect but a different car completely when you push it out of a corner. Looking forward to getting to know it better now again.

Out with the old...

IMG-20210421-121059.jpg

In with the new

IMG-20210403-100220-1.jpg
    IMG-20210403-102048.jpg

IMG-20210421-123234.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Had my '16 in to Ford just before the lockdown, rear discs gone also due to corrosion. Must be an issue on them.

The father in law has a '17 Kuga and same issue failed NCT due to corroded rear discs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

vintagevrs wrote: »
    The real performance pack parts were fitted today. Took it out and it's the exact same car when cruising about as you'd expect but a different car completely when you push it out of a corner. Looking forward to getting to know it better now again.

Out with the old...

IMG-20210421-121059.jpg

In with the new

IMG-20210403-100220-1.jpg
    IMG-20210403-102048.jpg

IMG-20210421-123234.jpg

I'm pretty much set on aiming for one of these for my next car, had an audi a4 once but other than that nothing great to drive. Whats the 3 cylinder 1.5 like in comparison to the previous 4 and 1.6? Does it sound like its having to work harder?

BlakeS94 wrote: »
    I'm pretty much set on aiming for one of these for my next car, had an audi a4 once but other than that nothing great to drive. Whats the 3 cylinder 1.5 like in comparison to the previous 4 and 1.6? Does it sound like its having to work harder?

I never drove the 1.6 but believe they are very different. The 1.6 will be smoother, and I think will rev more freely but has less torque.

The 1.5 is a 3 pot, so is inherently less refined, and maybe more gruff is prob the best word. With the odd cylinders, it also has more balancing weight added, so it revs less freely. It behaves like it has a huge flywheel, and the revs drop slowly.

The sound of the car is subjective, I really like it. For such a little fart of an engine I think it sounds good, a bit silly at times to be honest with the cracks and pops but sure that's half the reason for buying one imo.

• Advertisement

In its element recently..
    IMG-20210424-205051.jpg
    IMG-20210424-205321.jpg
    IMG-20210424-205648.jpg
    IMG-20210424-220153.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The real performance pack parts were fitted today. Took it out and it's the exact same car when cruising about as you'd expect but a different car completely when you push it out of a corner.
    +1 In my humble the single best thing you can do to any FWD car is fit a limited slip differential. The difference between having and not having one is enormous.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    +1 In my humble the single best thing you can do to any FWD car is fit a limited slip differential. The difference between having and not having one is enormous.

So far (early days) I have to agree. Did you do something similar yourself before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

So far (early days) I have to agree. Did you do something similar yourself before?

Wibbs has the same lsd with a long long time as I remember 😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Came with the car as standard, so no requirement for me to royally screw things up by attempting to fit one. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Came with the car as standard, so no requirement for me to royally screw things up by attempting to fit one. :D

What car is it out of interest?

Integra R. I had a non R one before it and the biggest most obvious difference was the addition of an LSD. Went from OKish with understeer if pushed, to a cornering demon.

Nice one, funny I was trying to have a guess at what it was and was thinking Honda. I think they use a similar helical set up too.

I'd love one of those, I think na high revving stuff is going to be really sought after, and more so as time goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Sold after over 5 and half years ownership and being the only owner.

Not many lows, plenty, plenty of highs and smiles.

Gone to a guy who's going to take care of it and love it probably more than me.

New car replacing it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What are you planning on replacing it with?

Golf GTi Clubsport, its being delivered since Thursday, will be collecting tomorrow or Tuesday.

Nice step up. What are they all in 45-50k?

That is dear for what you are getting.

Back on topic of this thread the current Fiesta ST3 is great value. I just looked up the price for the craic. Pretty cheap considering the price of cars these days €21,383. LSD as standard too. Anyone know how much delivery is or any other costs I missed out on with that price above?

Yeah, you're missing about 12 grand. Are you looking at a 2016 price list or something? Same as you were for the Golf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The ST starts at just over 32k. You sure it's not a ST Line you are looking at?

Yep I see that now. I was thinking it was very cheap for what you were getting.

Was talking to a Ford dealer the other day and they, like all dealerships are finding it incredibly difficult to get anything in from the factories for new orders.

Fella I sold the ST to didn't want to wait for a new model because the lead time was exceptionally long and he was ambivalent to the look of the new ST compared to the Mk7.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's a sad thing that a desirable car is so horrendously expensive. €60k* for a Golf GTI is crazy (I know it's a fancy one).

*p.s. €54130 on the road incl. delivery. Just checked. Still far from cheap.

Advertisement