Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

GavRedKing wrote: »
    America have a 5 door only option AFAIK so theyre at the other end of the problem. :o

Pity but it won't stop me buying one if the deal works out right. Was looking at new Ibiza Cupra too and its good value at 23k and the Seat/VW finance is very cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Pity but it won't stop me buying one if the deal works out right. Was looking at new Ibiza Cupra too and its good value at 23k and the Seat/VW finance is very cheap.

Theyve also improved the interior seats and trim for 2016, which was one of the reasons I didnt look at one seriously when I wanted a change a few months ago.

Collecting my ST2 on 4th of January. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭notGill

What colour did you order?

I don't think mine will be in until the last week in January! :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Have a half day in work and all to get it all sorted myself. :D

Cant wait.

• Advertisement

notGill wrote: »
    What colour did you order?

I don't think mine will be in until the last week in January! :-(

I took a car that was in stock in my local dealership in Limerick. It's a spirit blue ST2. Doesn't have any extra's but I was told I could have been waiting 3 months to get one in that i specced myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Wonder if i could persuade the wife to trade in her 10yr old e90 for one of these :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

I went to the dealer to chat about one of these today, he told me that the 5000 ford discount wasn't as straight forward as deduction 5k form the list price? Does anyone know how the discount will be applied?

The dealer said my cost to change (with an 11k trade in) would be about 16k? Which seems to completely ignore the 5k discount. Any info from the folks who have recently bought one would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dancla

I ordered one on Monday. White, st2, appearance pack.
    No trade in. Price was reduced by €5000 immediately.
    total cost was €21850. (No trade in).
    Car is due mid February.

dancla wrote: »
    Car is due mid February.

Thanks for that, seems like my dealer has me paying the list price for some reason even though I mentioned the 5000 discount. I will be going back on monday so will quiz him about it. Cheers!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe the 5k discount only applies if you have no trade-in, ie straight deal?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Maybe the 5k discount only applies if you have no trade-in, ie straight deal?

The t&cs of the deal day that as long as the car you're trading had valid tax, insurance and NCT and is less than 10 years old then the discount is available, it's a strange one but I'm going back out there on Monday so will hopefully find out!

The t&cs of the deal day that as long as the car you're trading had valid tax, insurance and NCT and is less than 10 years old then the discount is available, it's a strange one but I'm going back out there on Monday so will hopefully find out!

I'd say there are a few more exclusions otherwise what's to stop someone coming in with a trade-in and the cost to change was only a few grand? Cannot see how they would be making money on the deal.

Let us know how you get on though. I'd be half interested in a Focus ST if I could get a decent trade-in for my 5 Series plus the 8k discount they are offering off the Focus ST. Just cannot see it happening though.

I'd say there are a few more exclusions otherwise what's to stop someone coming in with a trade-in and the cost to change was only a few grand? Cannot see how they would be making money on the deal.

Let us know how you get on though. I'd be half interested in a Focus ST if I could get a decent trade-in for my 5 Series plus the 8k discount they are offering off the Focus ST. Just cannot see it happening though.

I will do! Looks like people are getting the discount though, a few have mentioned getting the deal a few pages back some of whom had trade in. But I'll report back with my findings on Monday evening!

Car is due mid February.

Congrats, they are an amazing little car, have mine a week now and have nearly 1,000 kms on it, you'll be jumping out of bed in the morning to drive it! I have been anyway! Is it an ST1 your getting for that price? My Spirit blue ST2 cost me 23,750 after the discount although the blue is E950 extra.

Edit, had to post this, its a class article!

http://petrolblog.com/2015/03/why-the-ford-fiesta-st-should-be-pulled-from-sale/

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dancla

Hooch...It's ST2, think I got a good deal, but I did plenty of shopping round and Shiels in Limerick were the best price I could get

Hooch...It's ST2, think I got a good deal, but I did plenty of shopping round and Shiels in Limerick were the best price I could get

That's a very good deal you got. Congrats your going to love it!

Went into the dealer today and it is a straight 5k off the list price for anyone considering going for an ST or any other car. Offer till January 31!

Is the 5k off only apply to a straight deal or is it on top of a trade-in?

Is the 5k off only apply to a straight deal or is it on top of a trade-in?

Nope it's on top of a trade in... Take the 5k off the list price and that's your starting point. Mine was trade in plus 5k taken away from the list price. Trade price was pretty poor unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Pumaspeed can get 350bhp safely out of these ngbbs4b29717834d42.jpg

For €5.5k :pac:

Nope it's on top of a trade in... Take the 5k off the list price and that's your starting point. Mine was trade in plus 5k taken away from the list price. Trade price was pretty poor unfortunately :(

Sounds like they are giving you 5k discount but clawing some of it back by reducing your trade-in value. Cracking deal if you have cash on the hip though.

Was just looking at the Focus ST2 configurator there, base spec is not great and the options available are not brilliant either. Xenon or LED headlights are not even on the options list. While the performance would be brilliant I still like my creature comforts. Irish Ford website is pretty poor overall imo.

Sounds like they are giving you 5k discount but clawing some of it back by reducing your trade-in value. Cracking deal if you have cash on the hip though.

Was just looking at the Focus ST2 configurator there, base spec is not great and the options available are not brilliant either. Xenon or LED headlights are not even on the options list. While the performance would be brilliant I still like my creature comforts. Irish Ford website is pretty poor overall imo.

I think you're right on that, now having said that most dealers Ive gone to aren't too enthusiastic about my car but I have been offered 3k more then what ford were willing to give me :roll eyes: Definitely a great deal for a straight cash sale!

Strange they only sell the ST2 here, I don't think the 3 is available? The base spec on the Fiesta ST is decent but again not the best. IIRC you're coming from a 5 series so I don't think Ford will match that unless you look at something like a Mondeo. Sat into the Focus ST in the dealership today and its a lovely interior I must say, seats were great.

I found the Ford configurator decent enough but only used it for the Firest ST which has a very limited choice of extras (only 6 optional extras, 5 colours and 2 seat colours :eek:)

I think you're right on that, now having said that most dealers Ive gone to aren't too enthusiastic about my car but I have been offered 3k more then what ford were willing to give me :roll eyes: Definitely a great deal for a straight cash sale!

Strange they only sell the ST2 here, I don't think the 3 is available? The base spec on the Fiesta ST is decent but again not the best. IIRC you're coming from a 5 series so I don't think Ford will match that unless you look at something like a Mondeo. Sat into the Focus ST in the dealership today and its a lovely interior I must say, seats were great.

I found the Ford configurator decent enough but only used it for the Firest ST which has a very limited choice of extras (only 6 optional extras, 5 colours and 2 seat colours :eek:)

The performance of the Focus ST appeals to me but yeah wouldn't be the same incentive for me with the car I would have to trade-in and the Mondeo just doesn't interest me.

Best of luck with yours anyway.

The performance of the Focus ST appeals to me but yeah wouldn't be the same incentive for me with the car I would have to trade-in and the Mondeo just doesn't interest me.

Best of luck with yours anyway.

Golf R perhaps? Or a GTI PP even? Seemed to be better specced. Although VAG seem to be pushing low PCP rates as opposed to a straight discount like Ford are doing.

Ford must be doing damage to their recent used stock with this deal. CAB in cork have a 142 ST that they bought in when they were 40k, now with the 8k off they'll never sell it cause a brand new one would be cheaper. So I guess they're stuck with it for life!

Cheers! Im in the midst of a dilemma with the whole thing :o Should probably just bite the bullet and do it!!

Golf GTi and R are just too expensive for me when you start ticking the options list and PCP just doesn't interest me. The Focus ST appealed because of the discount and performance on offer.

Thats fair enough, the ST is a lot of performance for not a lot of money!

At least I got to sit in a V8 Mustang while in the dealer! :D

[URL="[img]http://i.imgur.com/vKPbshTl.jpg[/img]"]vKPbshTl.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I enquired about ordering a mustang 6 days ago. In person with a salesman. He never got back to me.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I enquired about ordering a mustang 6 days ago. In person with a salesman. He never got back to me.

In CAB? Really? Jesus I though they would bite your hand off for a sale, there is 2 Unreged ecoboost Mustangs in CAB at the moment...

Excuse pics being posted in 2 different threads...

[URL="[img]http://i.imgur.com/16Ximkyl.jpg[/img]"]16Ximkyl.jpg[/URL]

• Advertisement

No in a different dealer. Since I was there I understand that the only authorised dealer is CAB.

They got a few of them in over the Christmas including the V8. From their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/cabMotorGroup/photos/pcb.1060718513948714/1060718080615424/?type=3&permPage=1

1166_1060718080615424_3349492705244406517_n.jpg?oh=289c31f40f6fb58560fb4cd0ee893b11&oe=5740AD7D

12523000_1060718030615429_7340663845854697404_n.jpg?oh=4c690db15449dbed415f50723128ab47&oe=5747945B

Grey is the pick of them for me

No in a different dealer. Since I was there I understand that the only authorised dealer is CAB.

Yea I saw that mentioned on their website, surprised theres no mustang dealer in Dublin. Seems a lot of work to bring them all in through Cork for distribution...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Yea I saw that mentioned on their website, surprised theres no mustang dealer in Dublin. Seems a lot of work to bring them all in through Cork for distribution...

Ring Spirit Ford.

• Advertisement

Have a deposit down on a spirit blue ST2 :D Sorry gav I copied you haha! Hoping for delivery before the end of january

Nice one! Welcome to the club☺

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

sneakyST wrote: »
    Cheers Henry, yeah based in the UK, moved away 6 years ago. 700 miles on it since Saturday. Will bring it back to Ford in March for a remap

Good luck with the purchase.

If you are in the UK, you want to get some extra security on it quick......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

My Fiesta ST is now for sale. It's a great car. It's the only one available on donedeal or anywhere.

(I hope it's ok to post that mods).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

My Fiesta ST is now for sale. It's a great car. It's the only one available on donedeal or anywhere.

(I hope it's ok to post that mods).
    How come you are selling so soon?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

fletch wrote: »

New car is coming......I change cars frequently.

What are you getting? I presume if it doesn't sell privately you are trading it in?

What are you getting? I presume if it doesn't sell privately you are trading it in?

Not 100% sure yet.

It's an employees scheme vehicle, so trading in doesn't work.

It should sell fairly quickly I'm sure - it's the only used Fiesta ST on sale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

fletch wrote: »

Ye olde Dagenham discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

This may have been covered ...but does it annoy anyone that the U.S version is +20bhb?

cojomo2 wrote: »
    This may have been covered ...but does it annoy anyone that the U.S version is +20bhb?

They are exactly the same engine and bhp.

US are allowed quote 197bhp (on overboost) whereas Europe insist on quoting max. power as 182bhp which is without the overboost.

Not 100% sure yet.

It's an employees scheme vehicle, so trading in doesn't work.

It should sell fairly quickly I'm sure - it's the only used Fiesta ST on sale!

Spotted the ad, car looks in perfect condition, good luck with the sale.

Spotted the ad, car looks in perfect condition, good luck with the sale.

840 views so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I might be interested if it had.... :pac:

Only kidding, good luck with the sale, you kept it immaculate, a real credit to you! Hope you get yourself into something as fun and engaging next also.

It's a well put together ad as well. Reads well and good pictures.

• Advertisement
Advertisement