Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

840 views so far!

It will sell, you just need the right type of buyer.

Are you trading up to the Focus ST?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

hooch-85 wrote: »
    It will sell, you just need the right type of buyer.

Are you trading up to the Focus ST?

Not sure what's next....yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Picking up my ST in a few hours!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Pics!

ofcork wrote: »
    Pics!

Will post a few better pics when I get on the laptop! Apologies of the phone pic comes out huge!

Gav I'm 99% sure I passed you in your ST just by CAB on my way to pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Will post a few better pics when I get on the laptop! Apologies of the phone pic comes out huge!

Gav I'm 99% sure I passed you in your ST just by CAB on my way to pick it up!

What's it like to drive? I passed CAB yesterday, convinced I saw your ST sitting in the showroom. Also saw that grey coloured ST which looks great in the flesh.

What's it like to drive? I passed CAB yesterday, convinced I saw your ST sitting in the showroom. Also saw that grey coloured ST which looks great in the flesh.

Great to drive so far, sounds cool inside the cabin even though I know its piped in sound! Haven't had a chance to do a whole lot of miles yet. Great torque from a small engine I must say. Coming from a 2.5 6 cyl BMW it feels as fast! :D Must get it out for a proper drive tomorrow!

I think it looks great too! :D

[URL="[img]http://i.imgur.com/51flEfhl.jpg[/img]"]51flEfhl.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Congratulations, great looking car. I'd love a spin in one.

Are you running it in or driving it on once it's up to temp? I know plenty of people have different opinions on this now. I think once it's warm let it stretch it's legs from the start. Feck waiting a 1000miles or whatever unless specified by the manufacturer.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Congratulations, great looking car. I'd love a spin in one.

Are you running it in or driving it on once it's up to temp? I know plenty of people have different opinions on this now. I think once it's warm let it stretch it's legs from the start. Feck waiting a 1000miles or whatever unless specified by the manufacturer.

Im sure a spin can be arranged :D

Im not going to bother with a very gentle run in. Ive had a few pulls from lights etc, and a blast up my hill which is pretty steep, not much past 4k though. I waited 6 weeks for the car so I can't wait another 1000km. The dealer said the car was ready to be driven on so long as its up to temp!

Ill give it a few hundred kms before i give it a proper hoon but ill let it stretch its legs from the start as you say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well wear with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I've heard all sorts of stories about running in engines. Some say that engines are pre 'run-in' before you get them, so you can drive them as normal from the get-go. A mechanic I know reckons you should give them plenty of welly when brand new as you'll get better performance and fuel economy in the long run over a car that was babied when brand new. Not sure how much truth there is in either story, though. Personally I'd be inclined to work it hard from the outset (once the engine is properly warmed up, naturally).

Well ware with it Donnelly. Great colour as well.

Dealer told me that the car doesn't need to be run in. Just let it warm up first before you push it.

If you have any internal photos you might upload them. Interested to see what the fiesta interior is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Once it's all warmed up drive it on. The one new car I was careful it's ran terribly. As long as you're not killing it constantly you won't have any worries. Allow the turbo time at the end of a blast too and if it's get stop start get it into your routine to turn it off when you start up.

Well ware with it Donnelly. Great colour as well.

Dealer told me that the car doesn't need to be run in. Just let it warm up first before you push it.

If you have any internal photos you might upload them. Interested to see what the fiesta interior is like.

Same, he said it's already had an oil change so doesn't need to be serviced for another year. I think I'll bring it sooner the that but good to know I can give it a bit of welly from the vet go from time to time!
    I will take some interior shots and stick them up tomorrow when it's bright for ya!

Same, he said it's already had an oil change so doesn't need to be serviced for another year. I think I'll bring it sooner the that but good to know I can give it a bit of welly from the vet go from time to time!
    I will take some interior shots and stick them up tomorrow when it's bright for ya!

Well wear Donnelly, they are an amazing car. I've over 3k kms on mine in just over a month, such a fun car to drive. Regards running in, all engines are run in and tested in the factory nowadays but for the first 1k miles I didn't go near the redline, kept it around 4k rpm now that might just have been me being cautious but I couldn't bring myself to rev the tits off a brand new engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well wear :)

Cracking little car they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Well wear Donnelly, I'm a big fan of these. A cracker.

As for running it in, drive it like you're late for mass. It's what the car is for.

I'm about 1200kms and nearly exactly 1 month into owning mine and the the consumption is at about 30MPG

Well short of the estimate but I've driven it lively enough on occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm about 1200kms and nearly exactly 1 month into owning mine and the the consumption is at about 30MPG

My 26mpg in the R isn't so bad so ;)

GavRedKing wrote: »

What's fords official stat for mpg?

30 in the ST sounds like you're enjoying it!

• Advertisement

What's fords official stat for mpg?

30 in the ST sounds like you're enjoying it!

I think its about 45-50 IIRC.

I do mostly short journeys and im only 4 or 5 kms from work. If I went on the motor way or dual carriageway Id say that would come down a bit as some people have reported 40mpg +

My commute is 18 kms with a mix of motorway and b roads. I'm averaging 36mpg.

Couple of (poorly taken) interior shots that I promised! Will get a daytime one today too!

[URL="[img]http://i.imgur.com/EZWVMRIl.jpg[/img]"]EZWVMRIl.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[img]http://i.imgur.com/hSHr1QIl.jpg[/img]"]hSHr1QIl.jpg[/URL]

Saw you by Victoria Cross yesterday Gav, feel like I'm stalking you now :pac: Let it run out for a quick comparison with a buddys Astra OPC last night (obeying all local and national speedlimits) and the little Fiesta was with it every step of the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

That really is a cracking looking car and the colour makes it.
    Something really appealing about small fast cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

That really is a cracking looking car and the colour makes it.
    Something really appealing about small fast cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I love the doors sills, a really nice touch!

Saw you by Victoria Cross yesterday Gav, feel like I'm stalking you now :pac: Let it run out for a quick comparison with a buddys Astra OPC last night (obeying all local and national speedlimits) and the little Fiesta was with it every step of the way!

:pac:

We'll have to meet up for some twin pics :pac:

Ya, id say the ST in the bends would be better than the OPC it seems more nimble than my old OPC but that could be the smaller,lighter and newer car feel too.

Twin pic of mine at Limerick C&C meet Sunday

Limk%20CampC_zpsszjy1mo3.jpg

Double post

Definitely need a twin pic now!! :D

Which one is yours Hooch? The T reg? Did you go for the appearance pack?

• Advertisement

Definitely need a twin pic now!! :D

Which one is yours Hooch? The T reg? Did you go for the appearance pack?

Hi, mines the T reg yes, it doesn't have the appearance pack, (i bought a dealer car which was in stock, was too impatient to wait for an specced up car!) but it does have some of the changes brought in for late '15 early '16 cars, LED rear lights and Rado Grey wheels from the original appearance pack upgrade. Your car with the appearance came with newer darker wheels, Rock grey they are called. Confusing I know

I'm happy with the Rado wheels, I might get the calipers powder coated in time, although I don't have the illuminated sill plates. The 152 reg beside me is a non appearance pack with the lighter silver coloured wheels. He painted his calipers himself. The pic below is of my car on the day i paid the deposit. You can see the difference in the shade of wheels.

20151218_131610_zpsogfs0hbp.jpg

Ah right, I do like those darker wheels compared to the silver ones! Theyd look good with the red calipers if you got them coated down the road!

I think the only thing id change about the car is a slightly louder exhaust, I had a Mini Cooper S before that had a great sound once it went over 4k! Proper roar and backfires from it!! Havent heard the ST from outside mind you, must get someone to drive it past me!

I love the blow off sound when the windows are down too! :o

Ah right, I do like those darker wheels compared to the silver ones! Theyd look good with the red calipers if you got them coated down the road!

I think the only thing id change about the car is a slightly louder exhaust, I had a Mini Cooper S before that had a great sound once it went over 4k! Proper roar and backfires from it!! Havent heard the ST from outside mind you, must get someone to drive it past me!

I love the blow off sound when the windows are down too! :o

Would you consider upgrading the exhaust system?

I like the illuminated cills, nice touch.

All ST's come with the ST sill plates just the illuminated ones are extra as part of the appearance pack. Nice touch alright.

Upgrading the exhaust would void warranty unless you go for the Mountune exhaust.

http://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-st/products/fiesta-b299st-cat-back-exhaust

It should improve after you put a few miles on it. I found this to be the case with my car. Not a fiesta St but I'm sure the same applies.

Great to see people confident again to buy fun cars.

It should improve after you put a few miles on it. I found this to be the case with my car. Not a fiesta St but I'm sure the same applies.

Great to see people confident again to buy fun cars.

Oh really? That would be awesome, I'd just like it to be a small bit louder!
    Not sure if I'd go down the aftermarket route, they can be very loud sometimes! Not sure about the insurance implications of aftermarket parts either?

Quick pic of the sills I took leaving work!
    [URL="[img]http://i.imgur.com/zj7c5aXl.jpg[/img]"]zj7c5aXl.jpg[/URL]

For the Golf I found that it makes a bit more noise. No idea behind the science why it would but really don't think it's a placebo of me reading it would happen. In 2nd and 3rd gear if I let off the throttle and let car slow down from 3.5k rpm to 2k rpm it now seems to rumble/boom a bit more. Like a deep popping noise. I don't think it did that at the start. Could all be in my head too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

For the Golf I found that it makes a bit more noise. No idea behind the science why it would but really don't think it's a placebo of me reading it would happen. In 2nd and 3rd gear if I let off the throttle and let car slow down from 3.5k rpm to 2k rpm it now seems to rumble/boom a bit more. Like a deep popping noise. I don't think it did that at the start. Could all be in my head too.

As someone who works at making cars quieter through optimising exhaust and intake components I can tell you it's not in your head. Over-run in 2nd and to a lesser 3rd gear in most cars tends to be prone to sound quality degradation/improvement.

What changes to make the sound change? Sounds like an interesting job, no pun intended!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's a well put together ad as well. Reads well and good pictures.

1391 views - 1 (exploratory) call. No viewings.

Is it my aftershave? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

1391 views - 1 (exploratory) call. No viewings.

Is it my aftershave? :D
    I would say the price has something to do with it...considering there was a €5k saving on a brand new Fiesta ST up until quite recently.

Edit - Just checked and there is still €4.250 off http://www.ford.ie/Cars/Fiesta/Promotions meaning an extra ~2k will buy a new car over yours

fletch wrote: »
    I would say the price has something to do with it...considering there was a €5k saving on a brand new Fiesta ST up until quite recently.

Edit - Just checked and there is still €4.250 off http://www.ford.ie/Cars/Fiesta/Promotions meaning an extra ~2k will buy a new car over yours

It won't though.

My bad maths indicate a new Fiesta ST with my cars spec. can be bought for c.€23140 including delivery.

Mine is almost €3500 cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

It won't though.

My bad maths indicate a new Fiesta ST with my cars spec. can be bought for c.€23140 including delivery.

Fair enough although I'm sure there is still room for some discount on the new price.

I'm in the target market for your car and strongly considered a new ST and I would pay the extra €3,500 for a brand new car that doesn't have 17k miles on it and to have my choice of colour/spec

Sorry I'm only being constructive and I wish you the best with the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

fletch wrote: »
    Fair enough although I'm sure there is still room for some discount on the new price.

I'm in the target market for your car and strongly considered a new ST and I would pay the extra €3,500 for a brand new car that doesn't have 17k miles on it and to have my choice of colour/spec

Sorry I'm only being constructive and I wish you the best with the sale.

There's certainly a bit of room for a further discount I ordered a spirit blue ST2 on Friday and got it 23300 without a trade in I could of got the ST1 for 21200 I'm fairly sure someone better at bargaining would of got another bit off too, but I was in a bit of a rush and was more than happy with the price

peterk19 wrote: »
    There's certainly a bit of room for a further discount I ordered a spirit blue ST2 on Friday and got it 23300 without a trade in I could of got the ST1 for 21200 I'm fairly sure someone better at bargaining would of got another bit off too, but I was in a bit of a rush and was more than happy with the price

Sent you a PM peterk19!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Sent you a PM peterk19!

Replied

Not trying to derail this at all, but genuine question. Why do people announce if they are sending or replying to PMs. I have seen this on many a forum, and never understood it. Maybe I am missing something? Is it in case some users don't check or have notifications for PMs or something?
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

It won't though.

I'm afraid, I agree. I was looking at your ad and have got a price from dealer of 22,200 for my choice of ST2, there's no way I would consider buying second hand for such a small price differential

actuar90 wrote: »
    I'm afraid, I agree. I was looking at your ad and have got a price from dealer of 22,200 for my choice of ST2, there's no way I would consider buying second hand for such a small price differential

Wouldn't blame you tbh.

If I could buy an ST2 for €22,200 (less employees discount) my current car could be sold for quite a bit less.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Not only is your car evidently priced too high but it's also too much for a private spend in general. Even if your car was €5-€6k cheaper, it'd be madness to take the risk given that there's no comeback and you could be a complete chancer (not saying you are obviously) just worth pointing out.

Lovely cars those ST's mind...

• Advertisement
Advertisement