Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

166man wrote:
    Not only is your car evidently priced too high but it's also too much for a private spend in general. Even if your car was €5-€6k cheaper, it'd be madness to take the risk given that there's no comeback and you could be a complete chancer (not saying you are obviously) just worth pointing out.

The car is under its manufacturers warranty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Not trying to derail this at all, but genuine question. Why do people announce if they are sending or replying to PMs. I have seen this on many a forum, and never understood it. Maybe I am missing something? Is it in case some users don't check or have notifications for PMs or something?
    :confused:

Sent you a PM to explain there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

166man wrote: »
    Not only is your car evidently priced too high but it's also too much for a private spend in general.....

Remains to be seen.

I'll contact the dealers the two lads have mentioned and if the price of a new ST is lower than I've figured then the price of my red car will reduce accordingly. I might even let it go to the trade.

You're wrong about private sales too. I sold my Focus ST for considerably more than the kind of money we're talking about here.

If a car is attractively priced it'll sell.

After the unexpected sale of my own car, I'm opening negotiations this morning to buy one of these machines. Whether that'll be Henry's one or a new one remains to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

With the price of a new ST2 so aggressive now, along with the fact it's second hand and has 17k km on it, even with pricing it a few thousand cheaper the base spec level of it works against it more than some people might think. Unless someone desperately wants a Fiesta ST but cannot afford over 20k to get their hands on one, I think you'll find it a very tough sell without taking a larger hit on the asking price.

dar83 wrote: »
    With the price of a new ST2 so aggressive now, along with the fact it's second hand and has 17k km on it, even with pricing it a few thousand cheaper the base spec level of it works against it more than some people might think. Unless someone desperately wants a Fiesta ST but cannot afford over 20k to get their hands on one, I think you'll find it a very tough sell without taking a larger hit on the asking price.

I've priced new ST2's in all the dealerships folks have mentioned here (and by pm).

The February 161 discounts are €750 lower than was available in January.

Lowest price was €23250 for a race red ST2, or €23650 for a spirit blue one.

p.s. My asking price has a small bit of wriggle room left in it, but nothing huge. It's not a "base spec." either - it has privacy glass and push button start. It's also got good audio, air con, and Recaro seats. Everything you'd need really.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MaxyJazz

Does anybody know if the fiesta st can be ordered in 5 door? Even if it's lhd it won't bother me!

MaxyJazz wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the fiesta st can be ordered in 5 door? Even if it's lhd it won't bother me!

No. You could import a lhd from the US in 5 door I suppose.

No. You could import a lhd from the US in 5 door I suppose.

Are you 100% sure on that a 5 door fiesta st can't be ordered in Ireland ?

Are you 100% sure on that a 5 door fiesta st can't be ordered in Ireland ?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you want a 5dr ST then the Focus is the only one currently available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Even if it's lhd it won't bother me!
    Really? Would you want to put up with the awkwardness of importing and insuring a lhd just for 2 more doors? A focus ST would be a much cheaper way to go. An RS would probably be cheaper then trying to import a 5 door :o

The 5 door ST is only available in the US, no 3 door there and no 5 door here (europe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Found that slightly odd myself to be honest, what with Ford's reasoning on the 5-door only Focus which divided opinion a lot over here at the time. Bit of an odd one that your "global platform" works for one model but not for another, but I guess it makes sense on some demographics and user data they have.

I reckon a 3 door version of the current ST would look prettty sweet too! Wouldve though that since they were gonna do an RS model they wouldve made a 3 door to suit

Really? Would you want to put up with the awkwardness of importing and insuring a lhd just for 2 more doors? A focus ST would be a much cheaper way to go. An RS would probably be cheaper then trying to import a 5 door :o

The 5 door ST is only available in the US, no 3 door there and no 5 door here (europe)

i really want the 5 door fiesta st! I'm amazed that ford don't have it :( but why i wonder ...
    The focus st 5 door is a bit more than 23k !!

i really want the 5 door fiesta st! I'm amazed that ford don't have it :( but why i wonder ...
    The focus st 5 door is a bit more than 23k !!

Seems like a strange decision from Ford I must say. Im sure I read somewhere the 5 doors are built in Mexico and the 3 doors are built in Germany which explains why.

There are good discounts on the Focus ST at the moment but they're still north of 30k. And also a step up in running costs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Part of the reason I didnt go for a Focus ST is that theres no 3 door available in the current model range, had to made one or offered the Focus ST with a 3 door option I'd have bougt one over the Fiesta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Quick one are the odometers on fiestas in miles? My dad just got a 2011 and says mls but the clocks are in kilometers.

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Quick one are the odometers on fiestas in miles? My dad just got a 2011 and says mls but the clocks are in kilometers.

You can pick imperial or metric. Speedo will be in km's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Thanks I'll have a look tomorrow see can I switch it.

Gavman84 wrote: »

You can pick which units you prefer from the menu. It's in vehicle settings...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

You can pick which units you prefer from the menu. It's in vehicle settings...

I only figured that out this week. Hadn't done much with the settings, is there any other hidden tricks in the menus?

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I only figured that out this week. Hadn't done much with the settings, is there any other hidden tricks in the menus?
    Not much that i found useful to be honest, I dont think I changed any of the setting really except the 3 blink indicator. Took my a few days to find the spotify app (not sure if you use spotify?) but it lest you select artists and playlists etc. There are a few other apps that work with sync2 but none id be bothered with...

Not much that i found useful to be honest, I dont think I changed any of the setting really except the 3 blink indicator. Took my a few days to find the spotify app (not sure if you use spotify?) but it lest you select artists and playlists etc. There are a few other apps that work with sync2 but none id be bothered with...

Don't use spotify but have most of my music on my phone (Samsung S5) and play it through bluetooth audio. Quite handy. I tried connecting the phone directly through the USB slot but it doesn't recognise the device. Do you use the voice recognition much? I do sometimes to make calls but that's about all. Can you select certain tracks through voice recognition do you know?

Don't use spotify but have most of my music on my phone (Samsung S5) and play it through bluetooth audio. Quite handy. I tried connecting the phone directly through the USB slot but it doesn't recognise the device. Do you use the voice recognition much? I do sometimes to make calls but that's about all. Can you select certain tracks through voice recognition do you know?

Yep. Voice rcognition even works for track or artist names.

Press the sync button and say "help". The nice lady will help you from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

The nice lady :)

I think Android Auto and Apple Car Play will change in car infotainment systems for the better over the next few years. No longer having a system that is out of date the second it roles out of the factory. Using google/apple map and cloud services to deliver information/music and voice recognition systems that actually work.

I had voice recognition in a 2004 nissan and it was unusable, and now on a 2011 5 series it is just as bad. Come to think of it, it may just be my accent.:o

Ford Sync has a very clever system integrated in the event of a crash, it will call the emergency services if your phone is paired and does not need a subscription service like other similar offerings from other companies.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    The nice lady :)

I think Android Auto and Apple Car Play will change in car infotainment systems for the better over the next few years. No longer having a system that is out of date the second it roles out of the factory. Using google/apple map and cloud services to deliver information/music and voice recognition systems that actually work.

I had voice recognition in a 2004 nissan and it was unusable, and now on a 2011 5 series it is just as bad. Come to think of it, it may just be my accent.:o

Ford Sync has a very clever system integrated in the event of a crash, it will call the emergency services if your phone is paired and does not need a subscription service like other similar offerings from other companies.

You can update Ford Sync using a usb stick. Update downloads available online.

Voice dialling using Sync works pretty well for me.

Yep. Voice rcognition even works for track or artist names.

Press the sync button and say "help". The nice lady will help you from there.

Ive tried it but it says "sync is downloading audio information from your device. Please wait to use voice commands"

Ive tried it but it says "sync is downloading audio information from your device. Please wait to use voice commands"

Phonebook won't work for a minute or two after startup.

I only used the voice recognition a couple of time to dial numbers. ~I need to turn off the hints cause every time I press the button the nice lady start blabbering on about my options!

I assume apple play or the android version will never be able to work with sync2? Thatd be a pretty sweet update in the future! Im happy enough with spotify tbh so apple play would only be for maps

• Advertisement

I only used the voice recognition a couple of time to dial numbers. ~I need to turn off the hints cause every time I press the button the nice lady start blabbering on about my options!

I assume apple play or the android version will never be able to work with sync2? Thatd be a pretty sweet update in the future! Im happy enough with spotify tbh so apple play would only be for maps

When it beeps say "phone" immediately. It's pretty easy from there.

Phonebook won't work for a minute or two after startup.

Phonebook works for me but the track info etc, doesn't work for voice recognition through bluetooth audio, maybe it only works through the USB?

Phonebook works for me but the track info etc, doesn't work for voice recognition through bluetooth audio, maybe it only works through the USB?

Yep - usb tracks only.

Come Friday, I shall be propelling one of these machines around the roads. 2016 Spirit Blue ST-2 with Appearance Pack.

testicle wrote: »
    Come Friday, I shall be propelling one of these machines around the roads. 2016 Spirit Blue ST-2 with Appearance Pack.

Congrats! Same as my one! You'll love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

You're propelling it!?

Happy days, enjoy!:pac:

Screen-Shot-2014-06-10-at-4.33.09-PM-626x448.png

Yep, I got the dealer to remove the engine from the specification and cut a hole in the floor.

As a matter of interest I almost bought Henry's red ST1. It's a great car and is in top condition too. The price was decent enough too. I just couldn't resist going for a new car for a finish. I had the money and just went for it.

Yep, I got the dealer to remove the engine from the specification and cut a hole in the floor.

As a matter of interest I almost bought Henry's red ST1. It's a great car and is in top condition too. The price was decent enough too. I just couldn't resist going for a new car for a finish. I had the money and just went for it.

Thanks.

p.s. I've made a significant price reduction on it now.

Opinions on this?

It's a bit underwhelming for me anyway. If I were to buy a special edition it would need to be a bit more special!

http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/fiesta-st/17430/ford-fiesta-st200-announced-the-most-powerful-production-fiesta-ever

I'd take the M Sport version with a quaife diff over one of these.

Opinions on this?

It's a bit underwhelming for me anyway. If I were to buy a special edition it would need to be a bit more special!

http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/fiesta-st/17430/ford-fiesta-st200-announced-the-most-powerful-production-fiesta-ever

I agree, not special enough IMO, its a marginally faster version of the normal ST. And adjusting the final drive to make it feel more torquey is a strange way to go...

Not a fan of the wheels tbh. Id take a mountune version over that tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Opinions on this?

Theres going to be a new Fiesta announced soon, probably going on sale in 2017, with a potential new ST probably 12-18months after it.

If they really wanted to do a special version they should have made a limited edition RS version pushing about 250bhp.

Theres a few UK ST's running figures north of that easily enough so an RS Fiesta, IMO, would have been the way to go.

Sell it in small numbers, maybe 500 units or something, change the paint to that available on the Focus RS's and slight interior tweaks like Recaros available on the Focus and my interest might have been peaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dancla

First week done.. absolutely love it, any others for car and coffee Sunday?

dancla wrote: »
    First week done.. absolutely love it, any others for car and coffee Sunday?

Your based in limerick yeah? The IFS cars and coffee is on Sunday morning at city easy plaza, always a fine selection of cars there. Should make it as long as I can get up after the mcgregor fight.

There's a lot of these around Limerick now, common as muck these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭notGill

I'm still waiting on mine after ordering at the start of December :-(

There must have been a delay on your dealers part getting the order in? No way they're taking that long? My mother ordered a Mini at the start of December an she's still waiting though... :/

The claim is that the switch to rado grey as standard and flash grey wheels for the appearance pack resulted in them "running out" of the flash grey wheels due to demand. They were only back in stock at the factory on the 10th Feb so my car was only built after that.

I'm guessing the massive discounting due to the 2016 real deal event caused a surge in orders as well as probably in the UK and I was just unlucky to be caught on the bad side of it.

Originally due in Ireland the last week in January so you can imagine how impatient I'm getting!

What spec did you order?

What spec did you order?

Spirit blue ST2 with appearance pack. Nothing too mad!

• Advertisement

notGill wrote: »
    Spirit blue ST2 with appearance pack. Nothing too mad!

There's at least one of those in a dealers yard in the country. I know because I bought that exact spec from a dealer last week, they didn't have it in stock but they got it from a dealer in Galway for me. There's at least one other in a dealers in Dublin somewhere...

Advertisement