Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick tariff question.

Options
  • 08-05-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭

I have a simple tariff question which is an example of what may appear in an upcoming exam. It asks for the 'Daily Demand Charge' which is based over a 59 day billing period. The max demand is 65 kW and the demand price is €0.094. The answer for this example is also provided but it is causing me confusion.

The answer states that:

Daily Demand Charge = €0.094 x 65 x 59 = €360.94

What I don't understand is why the answer is including the 59 days. Surely if the question asks for the Daily Demand Charge, the 59 days should be forgotten about and the answer would be: €0.094 x 65?

Am I missunderstanding the definition of Daily Demand Charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Demand charge is the largest consumption during the billing period. So even if you only hit your peak demand on one day, you are charged at that rate for the full billing period.
    So €0.094 x 65 kW x 59 days is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Demand charge is the largest consumption during the billing period. So even if you only hit your peak demand on one day, you are charged at that rate for the full billing period.
    So €0.094 x 65 kW x 59 days is correct

Ah ok. I thought it was per day. Thanks.

Advertisement