Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair stripping. Black to balayage

• 08-05-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had an experience with having black hair stripped and recoloured to lighter?

I Have very long hair which is dark naturally, which I have been dying black the last few years. Want to know of anyone's experience of having hair stripped or lightened?

I am hoping to get balayage done. All going well

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I recommend using "Colour b4" to strip the colour from your hair. Rather than bleaching it out it shrinks the molecules so is less damaging. I recently went from dark brown to my natural blonde using it. It costs about 13 euro and when I was quoted hair stripping in hair dressers for my long hair it was 160 so I'm glad I took the risk. Only thing I'd worry is that your hair might be a bit brassy afterwards but thats easily rectified... particularly if going to a salon for balayage after. There is a thread on Colour B4 if you want to do a search to find out more. Oh and Style Club do amazing balayage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Thanks scraggs, I was looking At getting it done in a salon. But will check out the colour b4 option.

Hoping the black will lift. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Scraggs wrote: »
    I recommend using "Colour b4" to strip the colour from your hair. Rather than bleaching it out it shrinks the molecules so is less damaging. I recently went from dark brown to my natural blonde using it.

I'd second Scraggs' recommendation I went back to my natural dark brown, from years of blue black dye using it - little or no damage to my hair & a happy return to my natural colour - stripping destroys your hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

I 3rd Colour B4. I was dying my hair with a temporary chocolate brown dye for years.....it was so built up that my hair looked black. When I stopped dying I tried everything for about a year with little effect (it probably went from black to brown). Then I used Colour B4 and hey presto, my natural hair colour. My hair didn’t feel dry or fried but I used hair masks daily for the next few days because it is a strong product.

From reading this forum and from hearing from friends, sometimes salons won’t strip hair so maybe Colour B4 might be a good back up option.

Advertisement