Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for "trolling" in the ladies lounge

Options
  • 08-05-2013 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

So I've received a private message from The ladies lounge moderator Lucyfur today informing me I was banned for a comment I posted today.

The comment was posted in the off topic chat thread, and it was a quote from a poster talking about their Christmas shopping, a regular poster who I have chatted to before on my previous account, and it was just stating I found the post funny, which in fairness it was. There was no bad will or trolling or aggression in the one post made.

I would just like clarification on what was so offensive about the post made.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi Lexie,

OK, I'll have a look - first off, have you contacted the mod in question to ask for a clarification? I assume this is the post:
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Hopefully I'll be okay by tomorrow as I'm going into town to get my brother's Christmas present. We're doing Kris Kingle this year so I only have to buy one present. Gonna get it out of the way before the rush starts. :/

You are my hero. I've read this 3 times and each time, it's just as funny as the first time. :D

I admit I can't see anything even slightly offensive there.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Hmm. OK, I've been informed that the problem here is that the ban essentially follows your previous incarnation as xLexie, is a group mod decision not to allow you to post in tLL, and has nothing to do with the post in question.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Thanks for your reply scofflaw, can you please post a link or a copy of the post I am banned for?

Edit: just to clarify my previous username "xLexie" is a closed account and was not closed after being banned from any forum.

Hi Lexie,

there isn't a particular post here, but a history which span LexieOnRale, xLexie, and others, and which means the Mod team has taken a group decision not to allow you to post in the forum.

That's kind of a tricky one for us CMods, because (a) we're not really in the best position to judge a poster's entire forum history, while the Mod team generally are; and (b) overturning such a decision against the wishes of the whole Mod team generally means that it's only a matter of time before another ban arrives.

There are basically three routes here - first, that you talk to the tLL mods directly and persuade them to allow you access or come to some other mutually acceptable outcome; second, that all the Soc CMods get all the tLL mods together for a "full court" session to review the decision; and third, that we kick it upstairs for an Admin review.

I'm listing those in order of their likelihood of success (from your perspective) - an Admin decision is likely to back the Mod team, and a joint decision by the CMods may well do so too, in the absence of any persuasion on your part of the Mods.

Which do you prefer?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Hi Lexie,

there isn't a particular post here, but a history which span LexieOnRale, xLexie, and others, and which means the Mod team has taken a group decision not to allow you to post in the forum.

That's kind of a tricky one for us CMods, because (a) we're not really in the best position to judge a poster's entire forum history, while the Mod team generally are; and (b) overturning such a decision against the wishes of the whole Mod team generally means that it's only a matter of time before another ban arrives.

There are basically three routes here - first, that you talk to the tLL mods directly and persuade them to allow you access or come to some other mutually acceptable outcome; second, that all the Soc CMods get all the tLL mods together for a "full court" session to review the decision; and third, that we kick it upstairs for an Admin review.

I'm listing those in order of their likelihood of success (from your perspective) - an Admin decision is likely to back the Mod team, and a joint decision by the CMods may well do so too, in the absence of any persuasion on your part of the Mods.

Which do you prefer?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Can I take this to pm as I am not comfortable discussing the issue I suspect, on a public forum?

• Advertisement

Can I take this to pm as I am not comfortable discussing the issue I suspect, on a public forum?

No problem.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

OK, with Lexie's agreement I'm going to suspend this process, with the option to reconsider the ban at a later date at her option.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement