Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disgusting attitude to larger ladies from A&F Ceo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Arcsin

Apt username OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Strong username to post

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Arcsin wrote: »
    Apt username OP.

This is what trying to be funny but really looking foolish looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

The article linked says they stock up to US size 10 which is UK size 14. That's fairly big, so they're hardly targeting only skinny kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Meh. his brand, his rules.

If he dosent want muffin tops spilling over his pants, whats wrong with him telling people to take their money elsewhere.

I dont give out when a magnum johnny wont fit on my mickey.

Its an awful brand anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Fcuk him. I like girls of all shapes and sizes.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This is your man - http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Mike-Jeffries-AF.jpg

Look at the head on him. He's like a deformed Gary Busey

Fcuk him. I like girls of all shapes and sizes.:)

Lies.

You might like them as a person, but are not attracted to them sexually.

Extremely obese women are not attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

good, maybe it'll make more people take their weight serious

ps i'm fat

Big Bottom wrote: »
    This is what trying to be funny but really looking foolish looks like.

Bit touchy are we petal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I like his thought process, because Abercrombie clothes are an easy way of telling me who to avoid.

lkionm wrote: »
    Lies.

I have scars on my back that say otherwise.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

Couldn't the same be said about make up? Their target market is people who feel that they are ugly and insecure about their looks that they have to buy make up to give off the illusion of beauty? The thing is the Ceo of A&F had the man vegetables to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

One of my friends alerted me to this and I think we should boycot all A&F stores in Eire.

Most people I know already do, because A&F clothes are pretty hideous.

That guy seems obnoxious.

Lies.

You just changed that post to 'extremely obese' but before you said 'overweight'
    women.

Why have you changed your tune or have you just seen sense?

I have scars on my back that say otherwise.;)

Well its fine if you are into bigger girls.

Im more talking about girls who are well over a size 18/20. I can't fathom how someone can find the aesthetics of that kind of body a turn on.
    How would someone even make the sex?

Same applies to a big boy with a belly larger than his willy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The Michael O'Leary of shítty clothing.

You just changed that post to 'extremely obese' but before you said 'overweight'
    women.

Why have you changed your tune or have you just seen sense?

Overweight and obese are obviously different. I pressed submit before looking at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

Anyone mindless and unoriginal enough to wear A&F or Hollister deserves all the abuse they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Isn't size 14 pretty big? Why is it acceptable to be over weight? Your putting your health at risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

OP there is a big difference between skinny and XXL.

And an acronym in title, come on op, I didn't know what the fook you were talking about.

Well its fine if you are into bigger girls.

Im more talking about girls who are well over a size 18/20. I can't fathom how someone can find the aesthetics of that kind of body a turn on.
    How would someone even make the sex?

Same applies to a big boy with a belly larger than his willy
    I'll admit I haven't seen all that many willies in my time but I have never, repeat never seen one that was bigger than a stomach.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

It's just a safety issue, you can't have larger people stumbling around in the dark listening to confusing white noise music trying to buy clothes. Someone is bound to be killed.

-Funk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Hi,

I think we should boycot all A&F stores in Eire.

OK, count me in.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Isn't size 14 pretty big? Why is it acceptable to be over weight? Your putting your health at risk.

'Acceptable'? I'm size 14 and I accept myself for who I am rather than comparing myself to twig creatures.

funk-you wrote: »
    It's just a safety issue, you can't have larger people stumbling around in the dark listening to confusing white noise music trying to buy clothes. Someone is bound to be killed.

-Funk

LOL I wonder what the idea is of such poorly lit stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

'Acceptable'? I'm size 14 and I accept myself for who I am rather than comparing myself to twig creatures.

You've just done exactly what you're complaining about.

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

You seem to have a pretty big chip on your shoulder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Hi,

One of my friends alerted me to this and I think we should boycot all A&F stores in Eire.

What kind of message does it send to kids when they think you have to be skinny to be 'cool'?

What do you think?

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/abercrombie-fitch-ceo-explains-why-he-hates-fat-chicks/

All of them? All one of them?

Calling people who are skinnier than you twig creatures just makes you sound resentful.

It's no better than someone calling fat people blimps or Michelin men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Thread has self-detonated....

I've done a very good job of boycotting them so far
    (I didn't even know we had Abercrombie & Fitch in Ireland).

I don't really see the issue, they stock up to a UK size 14, that's never going to be skinny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Under the law he probably is entitled to do what he wants with his brand. I do agree though. I think young teen girls especially would seriously take that article to heart. Its very cutting. Really defining cool and fitting in and being one of the in crowd as a particular look.

I dont think boycotting the brand would do much good, OP, its an established brand. He wouldnt risk saying such things if he couldnt afford it. But I certainly wouldnt be showing this article around to anyone or his direct words. Its is to an extent nasty, written in a very cutting way. There's nothing really nice or uplifting to read stuff like that. No matter how you look, weight wise or general attractiveness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Am I the only one more disgusted by the use of 'eire'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It doesn't sound like you've a great deal of choice but to boycott them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Hi,

What kind of message does it send to kids when they think you have to be skinny to be 'cool'?

What do you think?

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/abercrombie-fitch-ceo-explains-why-he-hates-fat-chicks/

No, I'll boycott them because their clothes are really, really dull.

They can market whatever way they want, really.

So why not accept some clothes companies only want to make clothes a certain size?

It's up to them who they want their customers to be and what size and design they want to make.

You think they are being offensive to you, but then you call smaller size people 'twig creatures'.

Thats the same as them saying 'oh thank god we arent whales'.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Thread has self-detonated....

Back away slowly and close the door.

• Advertisement

Well considering you are a 'mod' of 'Tea & Coffee' and 'Hats' I dont think your opinion counts for much.

So your catered for at size 14. Why do overweight people always use skinny woman as an excuse to justify their weight? Not saying that is what your doing but you always hear the over weight woman on TV/radio calling themselves real woman like petit small woman who are size 6-8 are not real woman.

People should take responsibility for their weight and the health implications like diabetes, cancer, heart etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Clothes look better on slim people, it's just the way it is. This is going to be the usual argument with size 8 is skinny and size 16 is curvy, each to their own and all that.

So why not accept some clothes companies only want to make clothes a certain size?

It's up to them who they want their customers to be and what size and design they want to make.

You think they are being offensive to you, but then you call smaller size people 'twig creatures'.

Thats the same as them saying 'oh thank god we arent whales'.

I think the OP would do better to deal with her own prejudices before worrying about A&F's.

If she lost the giant chip on her shoulder she'd probably be a size 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Isn't size 14 pretty big? .

Dunno ? i wouldn't throw Erika Elfwencrona out of bed for nibbling on biscuits ?

Why? We use it ourself on our own currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

What about really tall girls who happen to be thin. Do they not feel cheated that even they can't buy certain clothes? I mean I'm not an expert being a bloke and all, but I'd imagine a really tall girl would be a couple of sizes bigger than an average sized one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

The article linked says they stock up to US size 10 which is UK size 14. That's fairly big, so they're hardly targeting only skinny kids.
    I don't really see the issue, they stock up to a UK size 14, that's never going to be skinny.

Not sure about that, a quick look at the UK site has only sizes S, M and L for jeans.

For some clothing companies, L would be size 12, and I'd say that's very likely the case here. Can't see size 6 being excluded so L might even be size 10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I've done a very good job of boycotting them so far
    (I didn't even know we had Abercrombie & Fitch in Ireland).

Me too............will add it to my list of stores that I have been boycotting due to my non-awareness of their existence or want of their products.

Well considering you are a 'mod' of 'Tea & Coffee' and 'Hats' I dont think your opinion counts for much.

I don't think this thread has gone the way you planned?
    I'm going out to buy an A+F T-shirt now just because of your attitude.

Gonna get an xxsmall one

• Advertisement
Advertisement