Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Help

Options
  • 08-05-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

Random one here lads.
    I have an Xperia Ray that was a great phone until i updated it from Sony about 6months ago. It destroyed the phone, its laggy and the camera that was one fantastic is now terrible due to compression issues I believe.
    There is a new update but I cant do it for some reason the phone isnt going into Bootload.
    So basically, Im asking any person that knows their way around rooting, custom roms, drivers etc to help me out for a small fee in return.
    Ive tried the android forum for help but I need someone with experience in this stuff to dig me out.
    Please! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Random one here lads.
    I have an Xperia Ray that was a great phone until i updated it from Sony about 6months ago. It destroyed the phone, its laggy and the camera that was one fantastic is now terrible due to compression issues I believe.
    There is a new update but I cant do it for some reason the phone isnt going into Bootload.
    So basically, Im asking any person that knows their way around rooting, custom roms, drivers etc to help me out for a small fee in return.
    Ive tried the android forum for help but I need someone with experience in this stuff to dig me out.
    Please! :)

Fonemenders on Patrick's quay should be able to fix it. They cover all the manufacturers warranties. I've never used them so I can't vouch for them personally, just only heard about them from staff in meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Its nothing I want mended though man in the usual term. theres nothing actually broken with it, i just need a good dev. or hackman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Its nothing I want mended though man in the usual term. theres nothing actually broken with it, i just need a good dev. or hackman :)

It sounds like a problem with ipdate update. Same happened me on a s2. Loads not working properly but not really broken. I brought it to fonemenders and they fixed it in 2 hours for free as i had a 2 year warranty on the handset.
    A few weeks ago i started loosing reception so i brought it back in. It wasnt ready till the next day but again a free repair and a new antenna put in.

Chance them, if the phone is in warranty youve nothing to loose. You dont even need a reciept as they check it off the imei. Mine was bought 2nd hand and wasnt even registered to me. As long as its not reported stolen they will sort it.

Advertisement