Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breakout on my back/chest - SAD FACE

• 08-05-2013 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi ladies,

i'm having an awful time of it with an ongoing breakout on both my upper back and my chest. Used to have lovely clear skin on my chest especially, and I've no idea why it's changed recently (I'm in my late 20s).

I never get breakouts on my face, so I've basically extended my face routine to my chest, but it's having little or no effect. A friend has recommended a very brief session on a sunbed to try and clear it, but I'm hesitant. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have very fair, combination skin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Have you changed your hair products, shower gel, moisturiser, washing powder, fabric conditioner lately?
    Have you changed your diet lately?
    Have you recently stopped taking the pill
    It could be a reaction to one of these things, and probably a good idea to figure out what's causing it before thinking of treatments.
    I'd be hesitant to try the sunbed idea, I used sunbeds in my late teens and while any spots I had disappeared, my skin got very dry and sensitive, so you could be opening up another can of worms! Also using SPF in order to use sunbed could actually make the acne worse as in my experience it can irritate spots :(
    You could try exfoliating the area gently (maybe with salt mixed with a gentle cleanser like e45) or try using a clearasil type cleanser on the area.
    Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Sunbeds have been known to clear skin but do you really want to go down that road? The risks are far greater with the likes of skin cancer. How about the pill? There are a few out there that clear bad skin. Or your doc could prescribe you with some creams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Some extra ideas

Are you exercising more?
    Are you wearing the same bra after exercising?
    Are you showering after exercise?
    Are you too hot in bed and sweating at night?

Anything that dee_mc mentioned could be it too... I think personally conditioner can be a big culprit.

I still have some issues with bacne myself and I use the pill to control it. It seems to come in waves though and I'm never sure why. One week it will be totally clear and another it won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

Ladies, ye are only GENIUSES. I came off the pill around Christmas... I'll get back on it and see how I go. Although I've also recently moved a really hardcore hard water area, which I am so NOT used to, so it might be a combination of those two. Other than that, my routine/products haven't changed at all.

Thanks a million!!

Advertisement