Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoreline(Greystones) vs GoGym

Options
  • 08-05-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to join a gym for a few months. Mostly for lifting free weights, some weights machines, not too bothered about cardio.
    Both of these are local and around the same price (150-170).

Shoreline has a pool (which I would use) and GoGym have a sauna etc.

For the purposes of lifting which of these would be the better gym?

Fleet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

From what i hear GoGym is a lot more suited to lifters. They have a pool but its not open just yet.

Why don't you take a tour of both faclilities and make a decision for yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Agreed, you might even be able to wangle a free pass out of them if you tell them you are considering joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Thanks folks,

I had a look at GoGym yesterday. Looks well kitted out.

They're getting a pool you say? So was my last gym, but it took them two years to install!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

fleet wrote: »
    Thanks folks,

I had a look at GoGym yesterday. Looks well kitted out.

They're getting a pool you say? So was my last gym, but it took them two years to install!

I joined gogym and really like the place and the staff. The management told me there are no plans to open the pool and i think it has been floored over to use a room for classes. There are saunas, steam room and jacuzzi.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Right so.

I'll sign up for the €400 Platinum deal tomorrow morning if it's still going.
    Else I'll take Shorelines €170 May-September offer.

Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 femme

i prefer Go Gym, in fact-there is no swimming pool, but im only using gym- and is never crowdy (when Shoreline was always overcrowded!!!), nice staff and good music&atmosphere:)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

Go is excellent, member myself and have nothing but positive things to say about the place. There won't be a pool as they cost a fortune to maintain and owner said he'd rather spend money on getting gym equipment fixed and up to date. The old pool is now an aerobic studio.

Advertisement