Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New puppy

• 08-05-2013 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all - just looking for some advice regarding my new puppy. Shes a 2 month old foot beagle ! I'm trying to train her. Can anyone give me some advice ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭olcod

When you say train, what type of training do you mean ?? house, lead, behavioral, work..... it all depends on what type of training your after before people can advise you imo

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eire_1992

olcod wrote: »
    When you say train, what type of training do you mean ?? house, lead, behavioral, work..... it all depends on what type of training your after before people can advise you imo

Oh sorry I wasn't clear ! Trying to housetrain her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭olcod

Firstly the biggest no no is to NOT tell him/her off UNLESS you actually catch him/her in the act, they wont understand why your cross with them otherwise and will feel like your telling them off for no reason, you have to catch them inthe act for them to understand, secondly when you see them go to the loo outside then praise them up like you've never praised before, thirdly, keep paper down in the house ( you can get training mats ) and wipe some of their toilet scent onto it, they will soon learn that its there they should be going, gradually move the paper/training mat nearer the door and eventually outside, they will get the gist and soon start to understand, house training does not happen overnight, it takes time and expect a few accidents but persevere and you'll get there. Good luck :)

Oh and just look out for the signs that he/she needs to go, ie restlessness, sniffing around etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Crate training is the way to go OP - if you do search you'll find loads of threads on it.

Advertisement