Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuffesgrange 10 k/Killenny

Options
  • 08-05-2013 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all,this is happening this sunday at cuffesgrange national school.
    Reg from 11,on the day.The course is super flat , loads of prizes and
    a good spread after.3 miles from KK on the Clonmel road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Has this course been measured? Heard it was chipped timing.
    Thinking of doing this run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

PDCAT wrote: »
    Has this course been measured? Heard it was chipped timing.
    Thinking of doing this run.

Heard it was measured. Super fast. Pacing 45 min myself but would have rathered have a go at a pb. Pacers for 45 50 55 60.......1pm sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Heard it was measured. Super fast. Pacing 45 min myself but would have rathered have a go at a pb. Pacers for 45 50 55 60.......1pm sunday

Cheers Village Runner. I was unaware there were pacers for this. Thought the pacers you mentioned were for Stoneyford 10K challenge on the 19th. Anyway, if i do this, i will be aiming for sub 45, so you'll probably see me hanging on to your coattails.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 fowler1

Yes chip timing and accuract measured course .Great chance of a pb
    for those of us in shape.:D:D

fowler1 wrote: »
    Yes chip timing and accuract measured course .Great chance of a pb
    for those of us in shape.:D:D

As chubby Brown used to say I am in shape. This weeks shape happens to be a sack of spuds.

• Advertisement

Runners come in all shapes and sizes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

this 10k is not AAI registered unlike the stoneyford 10k on the 19th may @ 12.30. :)

Runners come in all shapes and sizes:D

who do you mean ??? :D:D:D

this 10k is not AAI registered unlike the stoneyford 10k on the 19th may @ 12.30. :)
    2 good 10kms in Kilkenny. I wouldn't be attacking either race. Glad both are on.

2 good 10kms in Kilkenny. I wouldn't be attacking either race. Glad both are on.

who said anything about attacking ?????? pity you couldnt attack london :D:D

• Advertisement

Well done to all who supported this today.Pity some of the local boards
    guys could not make it but we still make the stoneyford 10 next week:D
    Tough conditions storted the men from the boys:)

Well done to all who supported this today.Pity some of the local boards
    guys could not make it but we still make the stoneyford 10 next week:D
    Tough conditions storted the men from the boys:)

Great run out of you. Great to get 2nd and a few quid. Fair play to you for giving the money back to the local school. When living in the parish its the right thing to do

Really great spread after next sunday has a lot to live up to.

Really great spread after next sunday has a lot to live up to.

this the 4th running of the stoneyford 10k challenge .... no one has been let down by the spread after the race .. :D:D you will be well finished before VR so you will get to the food first :D:D

this the 4th running of the stoneyford 10k challenge .... no one has been let down by the spread after the race .. :D:D you will be well finished before VR so you will get to the food first :D:D

I would imagine he will if you asked me to pace 45. I could pretend to pace 45 get the free entry and race it. Time will tell if the spread is as good as cuffesgrange. Then again these ain't competing with each other. Should be working together. Cuffesgrange should be a month later

Yea I suggested cuffesgrange move to good Friday next year or is there
    a race that day locally.

Yea I suggested cuffesgrange move to good Friday next year or is there
    a race that day locally.

Nxt year good Friday is 18th April. So it would be in middle of series. Sunday after stonyford when you would get better exposure. I reckon the real organisers of stoneyford would like to see a little event like cuffesgrange grow and not be knocking it. I rem stObyford was an out and back course. As a local I think it's great to have races on your doorstep

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Nxt year good Friday is 18th April. So it would be in middle of series. Sunday after stonyford when you would get better exposure. I reckon the real organisers of stoneyford would like to see a little event like cuffesgrange grow and not be knocking it. I rem stObyford was an out and back course. As a local I think it's great to have races on your doorstep
    ???? The Stoneyford 10k Challenge was never an out and back course.The first 2 years it started outside the village and turned around at the school.Last year the start was moved into the village and the turn around was moved further out.The main loop of the course has always been the same;)

???? The Stoneyford 10k Challenge was never an out and back course.The first 2 years it started outside the village and turned around at the school.Last year the start was moved into the village and the turn around was moved further out.The main loop of the course has always been the same;)

My apologies. Last year was my first time running it. I had heard it was. Can't fault it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

Is this run by Stoneyford AC? I see there is a 10 mile road race in stoneyford set for September as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

The Stoneyford 10k Challenge is run by the parents association. Stoneyford AC is a new club in its 2nd year and the 10 mile will be our inaugural run

ASIMON0V wrote: »
    Is this run by Stoneyford AC? I see there is a 10 mile road race in stoneyford set for September as well.

hope to see you on Sunday Simon .. you should be in with a shout of a Prize...:D:D
    this is the 4th year of the Stoneyford 10k challenge, organised by the parents association to raise funds for the local national school .. the Stoneyford Ac grew out of the popularity of the training for the 10k. they have a solid group in the adult section and the juvenile section is really growing, and entering the local X country and county championships etc..

the 10 miler is by the Stoneyford Ac and not linked directly to the 10k challenge, they did however support the run to make if fully AAI registered. (there is not to many AAI reg races in KK)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

Good man. I won't be running the 10k as have to keep my aging legs for the wicklow relay the following Saturday. Good luck with the race. Might see you run the 3000m on Friday week?

ASIMON0V wrote: »
    Good man. I won't be running the 10k as have to keep my aging legs for the wicklow relay the following Saturday. Good luck with the race. Might see you run the 3000m on Friday week?

3000m is to short for me ..... takes me that to loosen up :D:D

feel free to come along to watch.. we'll even throw you a few sambo's afterwards... :D

Advertisement