Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DARTs stopping near Clontarf Road

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

also the commuters don't stop at every stop (I live in Killester)

If you are taking a commuter from Malahide, there is nothing to stop you getting off at Howth Junction (the commuters stop there don't they?) and then getting the Dart to Killester.

Try downloading the Next Train Ireland app. It's great for real time info on when the next trains are departing each and every station in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Lapin wrote: »
    Public transport in Ireland has little to do with facilitating the requirements of those who pay to use it and more to do with accommodating the people who make a living from working on it.

Only in Ireland would the unions who run a so called rapid transit service deem it acceptable for their members to stop for lunch and a siesta midway through a scheduled journey.

As someone who has commuted regularly on many transit systems around Europe, I have never seen the regular sleepover similar to that which occurs on the DART in the Fairview Depot.

Stuck in to become a DART driver once, they emailed me back stating you had to be the seventh son of a seventh son ( both Train Drivers btw ) conceived behind Inchicore Train Shed and delivered by the midwife on the Southbound platform on Connolly Station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

hilly bill I was saying the dart from and to MH isn't that good on a Sunday esp with this cr@ppy weather we're having, proud_dub I've got the Transport for Ireland app (very good actually considering it's developed by a German company !) and the Dart times app. The dart times one isn't that good tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

monument wrote: »
    Honest question: Is there something stopping the drivers from walking to the station platform?

yep, they probably would want a 3k payrise each to do so.

Advertisement