Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos on a disk

Options
  • 09-05-2013 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

A photographer is giving me - for a fee- photos on a printable disk.

Before i go back to him about the price, could someone tell me what that means? Can I upload to my computer and to websites like photobox to get the pics printed or included in a photobook?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

A lot of photographers will give a disc of a wedding but the photos are only small files or thumbnails and you cant print them. You can look at them on your laptop and thats about it. If you want a photo you then need to contact the photographer and he will charge you a pretty penny.
    With a printable disc you can do anything you want, even make copies of the disc itself. You can go to your local photobooth and pop in the disc and print as many pics as you want.
    The fee you pay the photographer is you pretty much buying the rigjts to the pics.
    We paid €150 for our wedding disc about 5 years ago, might be less now. Seemed expensive untill you saw what they were charging for every photo they printed fot you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

A lot of photographers give digital colts, you should have no problem putting these on your're pc and upload to a website.

Advertisement