Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about re-enrolling in IT-Tallaght

• 09-05-2013 8:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi

So basically enrolled here a few years ago into a full time Management Level8 course, completed year 1 successfully but I failed 3 exams in year 2 and I never repeated the exams. I left the college to work full time but now I would like to go back to ITT as a part time student to complete my college course, if possible.

I have a few questions though:

1) am I allowed to continue this course as a part timer?

2) do I have to repeat the whole year 2 even though I only failed 3 exams that year?

3) can I go to a different college like Trinity to complete this course there instead?

4) do I have to continue college as a mature student or not? What are the benefits?

Thanks a million guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Hi

1) am I allowed to continue this course as a part timer?
    Yes - provided that the course you did is still running. Courses are updated regularly so you may find there may be an additional module etc. you may need to do.
    2) do I have to repeat the whole year 2 even though I only failed 3 exams that year?
    that one depends... best people to talk to there are the department your course was under or the LifeLong learning guys.
    3) can I go to a different college like Trinity to complete this course there instead?

again - depends. In theory the credits you have earned are transferrable under ACCS rules but it depends on the recognition that those credits get against modules on different courses
    4) do I have to continue college as a mature student or not? What are the benefits?
    No you don't but there are pro's and con's to both. Mainly to do with grants, fees etc. Someone else may be able to answer this one better than me!

Advertisement