Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Wollongong?

Options
  • 09-05-2013 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

I've just started a new job in Gerringong on the highway upgrade project and I'm considering moving to Wollongong as a 4 hour daily commute from Sydney would be too much. I'm staying in a motel in Dapto at the moment and while the room is nice the price is a killer! Im thinking Wollongong because it'd be about a 50 minute drive from the job site and has a sizeable population so better shot at making friends there. Anyone have any experiences of what its like to live there? Qulaity of life, many Irish etc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mishymc

Hi! I live in Wollongong! I live here with my partner and so most of my friends here are ozzie! On different forums I've heard there's a good few Irish here but I don't know where they are ha! I have two Irish friends, one moved here with her family when she was younger, the other moved here to be with her partner!! Quality of life is pretty good, close to the beach, plenty of pubs! Rent definitely cheaper than Sydney! Anything in particular i can help with, just let me know!

Advertisement