Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old mobile phones needed

Options
  • 09-05-2013 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We are currently participating in a promotion to get a heart defribilator installed in our Gracedieu and Cleaboy pitches. To achieve this aim we need to obtain 500 old mobile phones during the month of May. A collection box will be located in Gracedieu grounds and we would appreciate if all club members, their friends and work mates could participate and help us achieve this goal.
    If any of you have any old phones could you please let me know?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think I have a couple of old Nokia's alrighty, ill see if I can dig them out :) Great idea, best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DelaSalleGAA

Sully wrote: »
    I think I have a couple of old Nokia's alrighty, ill see if I can dig them out :) Great idea, best of luck with it!

Thanks very much! Let me know if you find some and I can arrange to collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

I have 3 or 4 phones floating about, Are the Grace Dieu grounds open tomorrow (Sunday) I might pop up Im only around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DelaSalleGAA

To those that have returned old mobile phones we would like to thank you .
    As we have less than two weeks left to try and reach our 500 target we would appreciate if all players , parents and supporters of DLS could phone, text or email their friends and families over the next few days and ask them to donate old phones to this worthy cause. With your effort we will ensure that we get the defribilators for cleaboy and gracedieu.
    We are still a good bit off our target and need as many phones now as we can get.
    This is for an excellent cause...TO SAVE LIVES!!!
    If anyone has any, you can send me a pm and I can arrange collection of the mobile phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

In fairness all players, parents and supporters of any GAA team should be chipping in, if the defibrillator is required it may save anyone's life from a different team too.

It took me 5 minutes to have a route around and since the lads are collecting them from people you have no excuse not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 rob223

Hi DeLaSalleGAA

Trying to do the same for our club in Kildare
    Did you reach your target and do you have any left over?

Advertisement