Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 6 Weeks to Try

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 miafitz

Just back from registration, well organised... In and out.. time to pack !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

c07 wrote: »
    I'm 3214...
    I was putting my stuff together tonight and completely forgot the plasters..
    I have:
    Trisuit, wetsuit, helmet, race belt, sunglasses, gels, runners, spare tyre tube, two towels, goggles

Will have water bottle on bike, and pump

Anything I missed?

Just a few ideas...

- Flat tyre levers
    - Suncreen if forecast looks hot
    - Tools to assemble bike if needed
    - 1 day license or tri insurance membership card
    - A 2nd swim hat if you have one for the cold water (Not essential but bring if you have it)
    - Cheap pair of old shoes/sandles to wear while you wait to get into the water. Pick them up from the river side after the race. Theres plenty of sharp stones etc so barefoot is not recommended.
    - Timing chip, race pack etc
    - Anti mist spray for goggles if they steam up (Not essential but bring if you have it)
    - Baby oil or similar to get wetsuit off easier.(Not essential but bring if you have it)

- Also, when you rack your bike on race morning, take a good note of where it is. Look for visual clues as to where it is. (Beside the lampost or the bin or the Lucozade sport banner etc). There can be hundreds of bikes in transition and it can be easy to get lost especially after stumbling out of the river. Walk the route from the swim exit to your bike to get familiar with this short route.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NewWheels

Great advice Andrewf20. Much appreciated

1 more sleep people then Showtime :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Andrewf20, you gem.. Excellent list there too.. Thanks so much :D
    Registered this evening too. Wasn't too mental, so in and out quite quick.
    Are you local as well miafitz?

I'm kinda calm again... A bit of a calm before the storm.. ;)

Think I'm kinda sorted ! not really local co7 but about 30 mins from Athy.. What time are you heading in for ? Wishing everyone on here the very best of luck.. I think the one thing we all have in common is not to take it serious and to just complete it. I don't care about times etc.. to finish is to win !!

• Advertisement

miafitz wrote: »
    Think I'm kinda sorted ! not really local co7 but about 30 mins from Athy.. What time are you heading in for ? Wishing everyone on here the very best of luck.. I think the one thing we all have in common is not to take it serious and to just complete it. I don't care about times etc.. to finish is to win !!

Agree completely... Our achievement will be to cross that finish line
    Cue huge smiley faces after. :D
    Think I'll head in for about three... Rack up the bike, set up transition and then maybe go for a cuppa.

Best of luck everyone.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

No worries folks. Happy to help. This may be 1 of many triathlons to come. Its seriously addictive!

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    - Baby oil or similar to get wetsuit off easier.(Not essential but bring if you have it)

I'd give this one a miss you'll end up getting burned from the baby oil. Someone near you will more than likely have suit juice or body glide they might let you borrow.

Good Luck to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Great race today, very good organisation so i tip my to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NewWheels

Well done to all new triathletes today. Great event, great weather and great fun

c07, miafitz lovely meeting you . Hope you enjoyed it and I will get to see you on another triathlon start line soon

ElvisJones - You are one of a kind and a master of your role. You were brilliant today and kept us pumped and going. Thanks

Till next time guys!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

NewWheels wrote: »
    Well done to all new triathletes today. Great event, great weather and great fun

c07, miafitz lovely meeting you . Hope you enjoyed it and I will get to see you on another triathlon start line soon

ElvisJones - You are one of a kind and a master of your role. You were brilliant today and kept us pumped and going. Thanks

Till next time guys!!!!!!!!!

My pleasure and I'm still rocking it in a late bar !!!!!

Well done everyone and make it the start of something bigger. Start and blog and the heads of the wise ones here !

Had a fantastic day... Loved it all, so I think this is just the start of many for me..
    Thanks to all of ye involved.. Brilliant :D

Oh I think I caught the bug... What a day! really enjoyed it all.. well except for the barrow found that hell! but I think I was so happy to come out of it alive.. it made me relax and enjoy the cycle & run. So well organised from start to finish and great support on route.. Well done c07 and NewWheels ! No doubt our paths will cross again :)

Found results on http://racetimingsystems.net/Results/IndividualResults.aspx?Id=1517&Round=2178&Page=4 if anyone looking for them, no splits just over all time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

was a great day, my first ever one and i won it :) defo caught the bug

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

roseybear wrote: »
    was a great day, my first ever one and i won it :) defo caught the bug

Savage. Well done roseybear.

Woohoo... Well done roseybear... :D

Advertisement