Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enfield - Dublin on the bike

Options
  • 09-05-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here does the Enfield - Dublin commute on the bike? I was thinking of starting to cycle in and getting the Kearns bus home in the evenings. Just curious about how long it would take? Also does anyone know if it is possible to do it along the canal? I know I can't cycle on the M4 so what would be the next route?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

I used to do Balbriggan / Cabinteely commute which is probably slightly longer but similar type of journey. On a good day, good weather, maybe a bit of wind behind me I would do the close to 50km in 1h30/40m. On a bad, heavy rain/windy day it would be 2hrs. You'll be taking the R148 and N4 all the way in I think, similar to me starting on a regional road and then taking the N1 all the way into Dublin before heading out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Speedtrap

Go for it. what a great route.

Advertisement