Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humax Foxsat HDR 320GB

Options
  • 09-05-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭

Guys,

What do you think would be a fair price to sell a Humax Foxsat HDR 320GB STB on www.adverts.ie for?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

iba wrote: »
    Guys,

What do you think would be a fair price to sell a Humax Foxsat HDR 320GB STB on www.adverts.ie for?

Thanks

Look on the ebay.co.uk site and look at what they go for there. Some go for £50 up to over £100. If you include postage, you will get a good idea of what is fair. Remember, there is a new model out now, not to mention the larger disk drive Foxsat ones.

Edit: That Humax on adverts is not a HDR but a single tuner one with no hard disk. Worth a lot less than the hard disk version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Look on the ebay.co.uk site and look at what they go for there. Some go for £50 up to over £100. If you include postage, you will get a good idea of what is fair. Remember, there is a new model out now, not to mention the larger disk drive Foxsat ones.

Edit: That Humax on adverts is not a HDR but a single tuner one with no hard disk. Worth a lot less than the hard disk version.

I looked on ebay and the prices there are all so different. Some at £200 and even one at £279

Thats why I thought Id ask here to see what a fair price would be

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I looked on ebay and the prices there are all so different. Some at £200 and even one at £279

Thats why I thought Id ask here to see what a fair price would be

There are two types of seller on ebay. The ones selling full price product with a buy-it-now price which are over £200. The others are private sellers moving on used ones. Watch (using MyEbay) the ones like that until the auction is over and see what they sell for. There are several that go each week and after a week you will see the average price - mostly about £100. Alternatively, go to the Humax site and look at refurb units (manager specials), but they will not send it here.

There are two types of seller on ebay. The ones selling full price product with a buy-it-now price which are over £200. The others are private sellers moving on used ones. Watch (using MyEbay) the ones like that until the auction is over and see what they sell for. There are several that go each week and after a week you will see the average price - mostly about £100. Alternatively, go to the Humax site and look at refurb units (manager specials), but they will not send it here.

Thanks. Even on Amazon.co.uk they are still going for £220

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-FOXSAT-HDR-Freesat-Digital-Recorder/dp/B001L5YU36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368187583&sr=8-1&keywords=humax+foxsat+320gb+hd

Didnt see any in the Humax sight though

But thanks for your input.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Didnt see any in the Humax sight though

That could be due to poor sight. ;)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Watch (using MyEbay) the ones like that until the auction is over and see what they sell for.

Do an advanced search and tick the 'completed listings' box.

That'll show you what they've sold for & also displays in red items that went unsold.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=humax+foxsat+320gb&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

So I put about 6 satelitte things up for sale on Adverts today

Sold the box for €150 - seems to be a fair price to me.

Thanks for all your advice guys

Advertisement