Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco pet insurance

• 09-05-2013 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭

I did a search and couldn't find anything too recent on this. We are currently looking for pet insurance for our cat and I'm looking at a Tesco policy. Does anyone have any experience with claiming from them or had any issues with their policies?

And I know some people think pet insurance is a waste of money, but we don't. We used to live overseas and had an insurance policy. Our cat got hit by a car costing us thousands of dollars as he had numerous surgeries, we got all of it back bar $100 excess. So to us, having insurance for him is worth it.

I did look at petplan but as we made a claim on a previous policy we are not eligible for their insurance. The other option is hello.ie but I like the coverage Tesco provides.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I cant speak for Tesco, but were with Allianz and haven't had a problem with them.

we had a to make a big claim when out car was younger for a pollop in his ear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Hi

I'm looking at this too. I was in the vets the other day and they said they have heard no problems from people using Tesco, quite the opposite. They told me not to be put off by the fact that it was Tesco..they did mention one or two of the other companies (anecdotally) are starting to be a bit bothersome in paying out to clients.

Hope that helps! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

If you made a claim on a previous policy then the condition is classed as pre existing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Pixied wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking at this too. I was in the vets the other day and they said they have heard no problems from people using Tesco, quite the opposite. They told me not to be put off by the fact that it was Tesco..they did mention one or two of the other companies (anecdotally) are starting to be a bit bothersome in paying out to clients.

Hope that helps! :-)

That does, thanks! I bought the policy yesterday so that is reassuring :)

And yes, I am aware previous claims would be classed as a pre existing condition. I know how insurance works! As I said, the cat was hit by a car. It was two years ago so I can't see how we would need to try claim for that in the future. I want the insurance in case it happens again, or he's in a different type of accident. The insurance was a lifesaver before and I recommend getting some to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I was with Tesco when I lived in the UK, it was when they first started doing pet insurance, but always found them excellent. one of my bitches had been spayed, but was still having seasons, so she was opened back up and the new vet found a bit of tissue left from the previous operation, even though it was class as spaying, Tesco covered the second op. My vet said it may have been that they were new, and wanted business. However, the same poor dog then had hydrotherapy for another condition which they paid for, and the amputation of her leg after that. They always paid up promptly and never argued about any of the treatments we claimed for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement