Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 Quick Queries

• 09-05-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all,

My smartphones have always been Android so I'm new to the Apple family. Couple of short questions:

1. Can anyone recommend where to buy a good but cheapish iPhone 5 car charger online or am I as well to buy in a mobile shop?
    2. Is there a widget that can be placed on the homescreen for bluetooth & wifi?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

1. buy a usb cigarette charger and use an official apple lightning cable.

2. no, leave bluetooth and wifi on always, iphone 5 has bluetooth 4.0 which drains less power and actually goes into a sleep mode if no devices are connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If you're buying chargers from phone shops I find that 3 are actually cheaper than any of the other places (O2 carphonewarehouse and Vodafone). I would suggest turning off 3G when you aren't using it as I find it drains my battery really quickly.
    Also, any iPhone chargers you buy, keep your receipts, I have had an iPhone since 2008 (I think) and I've lost count how many chargers I've had to buy and replace before the warrenty would have been up for some reason chargers don't seem to last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wtf do you do to your chargers? I've never had an official one go bad and I've been using an ipod since 2003.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

wtf do you do to your chargers? I've never had an official one go bad and I've been using an ipod since 2003.
    My iPod mini charger from 2003 only died last year. So don't know how you go through so many chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

If you can wait the 2-4 week delivery time I recommend dealextreme. I bought 3 or 4 of the old 30pin ones with a cigarette USB for the car for less than €10. Then when apple released the lightning dock I got 4 of them too. This way I can leave a cable in the car, in the office, in the bedroom, in the living room etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have no idea, my official one, the cable frayed and I replaced if with the one from a phone shop, which none of them lasted me more than 6 months.

Have my new iPhone 5 since September and had to have the charger replaced once as it stopped working. The lady in the phone shop said it seemed to be common enough as a few people had brought back dodge chargers

Advertisement