Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 and Xbox games super cheap!

• 09-05-2013 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Xtravision in Phibsborough are selling both PS3 and Xbox games pre-owned but in perfect condition for 50% off marked price so some new titles are for as little as 20 quid! Older games from 2.50 - 7.50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Is this one of the stores closing down? Get in there folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Is this one of the stores closing down? Get in there folks!

Yes it is. Majority of the 20 shops shut with immediate effect but a couple are staying open and having a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Happy to see that I can't avail of this as none of the stores in Waterford are closing - a nice bunch of folks working in them. Mind you we're probably ahead of the curve on this as their branch on Parnell Street closed a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

said they had to stop cause problem with their system allowing people to bring them to other stores and getting refund at original price

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

kristok 2 wrote: »
    said they had to stop cause problem with their system allowing people to bring them to other stores and getting refund at original price

Ah no, that's terrible. Poor Xtra-vision, that's like kicking a bag of puppies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Ah no, that's terrible. Poor Xtra-vision, that's like kicking a bag of puppies.

Yea pretty crap but to be expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Does anyone know if Xtravision in Carrick-On-Suir closing down?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

kristok 2 wrote: »

People were actually doing that?

The term "get a job" applies there I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

People were buying them at half price in one store and trading them in another for a profit, I bought some last night in phibsborough for 50% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

People were buying them at half price in one store and trading them in another for a profit, I bought some last night in phibsborough for 50% off.
    Hope it was the soon to be ex staff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Yes it is. Majority of the 20 shops shut with immediate effect but a couple are staying open and having a sale.

does it include all shops? i was in the arklow shop yesterday and nothing was reduced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

does it include all shops? i was in the arklow shop yesterday and nothing was reduced

Only shops that are closing, only 6 afaik. Summer Sale starts next week in all stores I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

When Xtra-Vision closes in Monaghan we will officially have 0 stores to purchase games from in the whole county :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

When Xtra-Vision closes in Monaghan we will officially have 0 stores to purchase games from in the whole county :eek:

We got Tesco i guess. Is there any word on Xtra Vision closing in Monaghan. I feel sorry for the staff. Some of the Game staff are in Xtra vision now so if the monaghan branch does go then they are jobless again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lazymanschair

Xtra-Vision in Swords is also closing down, dvd/ blurays are all 50% off, but the games seem to vary from no discount to 15%-20% off, selection wasnt great either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

So is this off for now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Passed the swords branch on the way in to work this morning, saw lots of posters for closing down sale, will head over at lunch time to see if there's anything of worth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I popped into the Baggot Street branch last night and couldn't find anything worth buying in the closing down sale.

No reductions on any new releases and the selection of blurays and dvds that were reduced were fairly poor.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

was in the swords branch last night. selection is really really low unfortunatly :( picked up the new god of war for 30 euro and a few xbox games. still a bargin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

We got Tesco i guess. Is there any word on Xtra Vision closing in Monaghan. I feel sorry for the staff. Some of the Game staff are in Xtra vision now so if the monaghan branch does go then they are jobless again.

Poor B*stards!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭snalan

Does anyone know if Xtravision in ennis closing down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Does anyone know if Xtravision in wexford is closing down?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

To all our Facebook fans,

As you know it's business as usual here at Xtra-vision. However a small number of our stores will unfortunately be closed by the receivers. The decision to close these stores, though extremely sad and regrettable, is necessary to ensure Xtra-vision emerges from receivership and does so with the most appropriate network of locations.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank our affected colleagues for their invaluable contribution, passion and dedication throughout their time with Xtra-vision. This decision in no way reflects upon their invaluable efforts on the behalf of Xtra-vision.

We would also like to thank our customers of these stores for their support and loyalty throughout the years.

The list of stores due to close include:

• The Square
    • Rathmines
    • Baggot Street
    • Swords
    • Phibsborough
    • Roscrea
    • Ongar
    • Sandymount
    • Carpentarstown
    • Antrim Road
    • Holywood
    • Glengormley
    • Carryduff
    • Shore Road
    • Ormeau Road
    • Coleraine
    • Newtownards
    • Lisburn Road
    • Downpatrick
    • Newry

hope this helps some people...taking from there facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tiroskan

Umm, Carrickmacross? It was awarded best store in the country for 2012, it's not going anywhere.

Looks like the Monaghan town one is safe anyhows.

Advertisement