Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning DVD.

Options
  • 09-05-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure this is an easy one for someone to help me please.

I used to stick in a blank DVD into my drive and would get a windows folder pop up to ask what I want to do and would choose something like create a windows folder to burn files to DVD.

Now I am only getting a prompt from Itunes which says "you have inserted a blank DVD. To burn items on the disc select playlist..... bla blah."

I want to burn regular files such as excel/word and other backup files, nothing to do with music and itunes only wants to help me burn music files.

the prompt i used to get doesn't come up anymore and I dont know how to get it up. According to Microsoft site it should autorun, but how do you get it to autorun?

help please... im running out of space and need to back up my files.

thanks in advance

edit: this is what i mean used to happen

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Look in the start menu for "Default programs and Features" (or something along those lines) and you can set the default action in there I think. Otherwise insert the DVD close iTunes, open My Computer, right click the blank disc (dvd drive) and choose open with... and choose the option for Windows

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 38 duckie360

That's pretty annoying dude. You'll prob have to revisit your settings; maybe they got reset/changed due to a recent update.
    Otherwise you could get some free dvd/file burning software, for instance Imgburn is very good. Good luck with it anyhow.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

As YOYO said open my computer
    1 Right click the DVD/Cd drive
    2 pick Properties (bottom one)
    3 Click the autoplay Tab
    4 Make sure the " prompt me each time to perform an action" is ticked .

Advertisement