Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

99's in Dublin

Options
  • 09-05-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking to make a list of the places in Dublin that serve 99's (soft serve icecream).

I had a hankering the other day for a 99 after a weekend in wexford (where you can get a 99 ANYWHERE!)

I know of a handful of places in Dublin -
    Teddy's Dun Laoghaire,
    The Kiosk in Rathgar,
    Mercer Street behind Stephens Green,
    Parnell Street,
    Anne's Bakery on Mary Street,

but trying to gather a few more names of places.

can anyone help me out?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dunno if mcdonalds still do them, they were going for €1 a year or so ago and were lovely, really good cones, not you bog standard one, and they filled it deep into the cone.

On hot days I often get a mcdonalds milkshake, they are extremely thick these days, like soft ice cream thats a bit melted, I often have to begin eating it with the straw as it won't suck up. You could get a spoon if you asked. The sundaes are often cheap too, esp. relative to what some charge for a 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

rubadub wrote: »
    Dunno if mcdonalds still do them, they were going for €1 a year or so ago and were lovely, really good cones, not you bog standard one, and they filled it deep into the cone.

On hot days I often get a mcdonalds milkshake, they are extremely thick these days, like soft ice cream thats a bit melted, I often have to begin eating it with the straw as it won't suck up. You could get a spoon if you asked. The sundaes are often cheap too, esp. relative to what some charge for a 99.

Great thanks!
    I've had the cones here before, I'd forgotten about them, they have cadbury's flake too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Forte's in Stephen's Green (Omni and Ilac?)
    Ikea
    Cafe Caira in Howth

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

hardCopy wrote: »
    Forte's in Stephen's Green (Omni and Ilac?)
    Ikea
    Cafe Caira in Howth

great thanks for the input!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Beshoff Bros on Mespil Road do them.

OT, got a 99 at the ice cream/smoothie/bagel stand in Dun Laoghaire shopping centre last week (oh yeah, so there's another location), was horrified when I saw that strawberry/raspberry syrup was an extra 20c :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Teddy's have started selling their mixture to a few other places now, La Creme Bon in Cabinteely village being one of them.

Advertisement