Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Flow-Beware!

Options
  • 09-05-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone on the prepay system with eflow (tag) has ever had unexplained transactions on their account. I was going through some statements and noticed an N25 & M50 toll charge within an hour of each other. I did not make an N25 trip. After 20 days of waiting for a response they have since credited my account for the N25 journey.

My worry is how can these errors occur? What is stopping this happening to other motorist?. Small change i know, but it can all add up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I think e-Flow have their own forum on here. You're probably better off putting the question to them. I'd get the thread moved...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Jesh1

E-flow forum looks to be inactive.

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There's an official eflow rep on boards.ie
    maybe try contact them about the matter
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=599803

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

Jesh1 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone on the prepay system with eflow (tag) has ever had unexplained transactions on their account. I was going through some statements and noticed an N25 & M50 toll charge within an hour of each other. I did not make an N25 trip. After 20 days of waiting for a response they have since credited my account for the N25 journey.

My worry is how can these errors occur? What is stopping this happening to other motorist?. Small change i know, but it can all add up.

Hi Jesh1,

A toll journey transaction that has appeared on a customers account in error happens in very rare cases. Due to this reason an investigation must be undertaken, which explains the delay in you receiving your refund.

I can take a look into your case specifically for you and see what it was relation to. If you could please private message your account number, address and state that you are the account holder.

Standing by,
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Hi Jesh1,

A toll journey transaction that has appeared on a customers account in error is noticed in very rare cases.

Fixed that there ;)

I think if a customer does not spot it, then it will usually go without any notice. How often does anyone go through their e-flow statement? The OP only spotted the error because of an N25 journey, which was clearly out of place.

• Advertisement

Hi Jesh1,

A toll journey transaction that has appeared on a customers account in error happens in very rare cases. Due to this reason an investigation must be undertaken, which explains the delay in you receiving your refund.

I can take a look into your case specifically for you and see what it was relation to. If you could please private message your account number, address and state that you are the account holder.

Standing by,
    Colm

PM Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

I have a more unusual query, I automatically pre-pay with a standing order as well as I use the toll for work, but no money has come out of my account since early March and I still use the toll every day. I don't want to contact them now in case I get a massive bill (which I'm sure will arrive!) but I have other bills - or maybe they've made a big mistake on their end and are crediting me hoping I won't notice, if I phone them - they'll notice! Last year my laser card changed and I received very prompt bills from them and it was rectified quickly - but not a peep since March!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

mockingjay wrote: »
    I have a more unusual query, I automatically pre-pay with a standing order as well as I use the toll for work, but no money has come out of my account since early March and I still use the toll every day. I don't want to contact them now in case I get a massive bill (which I'm sure will arrive!) but I have other bills - or maybe they've made a big mistake on their end and are crediting me hoping I won't notice, if I phone them - they'll notice! Last year my laser card changed and I received very prompt bills from them and it was rectified quickly - but not a peep since March!

It doesn't matter when you contact them. If you've used the tolled roads you need to pay the amount. Leaving it longer to call will only make it harder to pay off.

I had an issue a good while ago when my CC was renewed. There was no way to update it on their site and when I called the customer care line they couldn't either. I let the tolls build up and eventually got a nice letter demanding payment.

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

PM response sent to Jesh1.

@ Del2005 & mockingjay, if you are having any issues with your eFlow account, please send me a PM with your account number and confirm the name and address on the account and confirm you are the account holder and I can investigate it for you.

Standing By if ye need me,

Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

goz83 wrote: »
    Fixed that there ;)

I think if a customer does not spot it, then it will usually go without any notice. How often does anyone go through their e-flow statement? The OP only spotted the error because of an N25 journey, which was clearly out of place.

I had an erroneous charge for a journey on the M50 that I didnt make. In fairness to Eflow a couple of emails and it was taken off my account.

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    I had an erroneous charge for a journey on the M50 that I didnt make. In fairness to Eflow a couple of emails and it was taken off my account.

And if you hadn't spotted the erroneous charge?

My point is that "most" people don't check these things and 1 or 2 odd mistakes are highly unlikely to be seen. The onus is on the customer to spot errors, because eflow certainly will not.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

@ Del2005 & mockingjay, if you are having any issues with your eFlow account, please send me a PM with your account number and confirm the name and address on the account and confirm you are the account holder and I can investigate it for you.

Ciaran

I'm not going to tell on myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Ciaran

I sorted in the end
    Thanks
    And if you hadn't spotted the erroneous charge?

My point is that "most" people don't check these things and 1 or 2 odd mistakes are highly unlikely to be seen. The onus is on the customer to spot errors, because eflow certainly will not.

Mistakes happen and especially with ANPR. If someone doesn't bother checking their outgoings it's their own fault not eFlows, since any extra charges are easily removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

We had a rep process a payment of her own accord one night at about 8PM, two weeks after our direct debit had been paid! Showed up as a POS on my online bank statement, I had to go throw any amount of channels to find out who took it, and when we finally got talking to a manager in E-Flow, he said that it was taken in error, and we would receive a cheque for the amount. Still no word about how he dealt with the woman who decided to use our card details to process a payment we did not authorize.

If that many of us are having issues with "mistakes", I can only assume that it is not as "rare" as E-flow claim.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Mistakes happen and especially with ANPR. If someone doesn't bother checking their outgoings it's their own fault not eFlows, since any extra charges are easily removed.

I really don't think it is the owners fault for not checking. The fault is clearly with e-flow. I would agree that it is unwise not to check, but it is certainly not the fault of the person who is trusting a company to bill them correctly.

Looks like it's not always so easy and straight forward to get it sorted either.
    ShaShaBear wrote: »
    We had a rep process a payment of her own accord one night at about 8PM, two weeks after our direct debit had been paid! Showed up as a POS on my online bank statement, I had to go throw any amount of channels to find out who took it, and when we finally got talking to a manager in E-Flow, he said that it was taken in error, and we would receive a cheque for the amount. Still no word about how he dealt with the woman who decided to use our card details to process a payment we did not authorize.

If that many of us are having issues with "mistakes", I can only assume that it is not as "rare" as E-flow claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 patgmail

I had an incorrect charge on my account late last year. Eflow sent the email about the monthly statement, I checked and saw the error, phoned them and it was sorted in a couple of minutes.

Of course the customer has to take some responsibility for checking their account. Yes the company is responsible for ensuring errors are minimised and corrected promptly but this childish attitude that all errors are the fault and responsibility of companies and that we as consumers have no role to play shows a complete detachment from reality and equity.

Mistakes happen. We all check our bank statements, credit card bills, even grocery receipts because errors happen and if we don't pick them up the company involved probably won't.

patgmail wrote: »
    I had an incorrect charge on my account late last year. Eflow sent the email about the monthly statement, I checked and saw the error, phoned them and it was sorted in a couple of minutes.

Of course the customer has to take some responsibility for checking their account. Yes the company is responsible for ensuring errors are minimised and corrected promptly but this childish attitude that all errors are the fault and responsibility of companies and that we as consumers have no role to play shows a complete detachment from reality and equity.

Mistakes happen. We all check our bank statements, credit card bills, even grocery receipts because errors happen and if we don't pick them up the company involved probably won't.

They errors ARE the fault and responsibility of the company. To say otherwise is quite frankly stupid.

Like I said....it is unwise not to check (as a consumer), because mistakes happen, but I have never had a customer call me to say they were overcharged. I have all accounts checked against our system daily... and yes, mistakes DO happen, but I make sure I find the error, so the customer doesn't have to. Granted, I don't have as many customers as E-flow, but I also don't have as many staff and systems to help me. I notice your account is new with only 3 posts to date....2 of them directly commenting on my posts here and in the Irish Opinions thread. Seems a bit odd. Shiver. Stalker :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 patgmail

don't be so paranoid! :) do you work for eflow checking accounts? if so I can only commend you and your workmates for what I have always found was good service. thank you.

When you allow a company to debit your account you do so on the basis they act responsible and have safeguards in place so mistakes do not happen.

Accepting any less is a failing of the company and highlights holes in the system.

The answer I recieved from E-flow is plausible, however i have not been assured it will not happen again.

I have had telecomms companies ring me out of the blue and offer gratuities for their mistakes.

In E-flows case I had to contact them by phone numerous times to fix their mistake.

patgmail wrote: »
    don't be so paranoid! :)do you work for eflow checking accounts? if so I can only commend you and your workmates for what I have always found was good service. thank you.
    I don't have as many customers as E-flow, but I also don't have as many staff and systems to help me.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement