Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh no I think I lost my phone!!

Options
  • 09-05-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I think my phone fell out of my pocket today when I walked to the shop.
    I retraced my steps & there's no sign of it. I am going to keep looking & if it doesn't turn up by the morning I suppose I will have to call Meteor to blacklist my number. I think my insurance is with CPP. Has anyone any dealing with them? I pay €6.99 a month, have done for years but have never claimed.. Do I call to CPP too or what do I need to do? Am I covered for loss if it just slipped out of my pocket? Agh!

Also I don't think my phone is even on sale anymore - HTC Sensation. Will they replace it? I don't want a Desire or Wildfire or anything else.. Help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

I think my phone fell out of my pocket today when I walked to the shop.
    I retraced my steps & there's no sign of it. I am going to keep looking & if it doesn't turn up by the morning I suppose I will have to call Meteor to blacklist my number. I think my insurance is with CPP. Has anyone any dealing with them? I pay €6.99 a month, have done for years but have never claimed.. Do I call to CPP too or what do I need to do? Am I covered for loss if it just slipped out of my pocket? Agh!

Also I don't think my phone is even on sale anymore - HTC Sensation. Will they replace it? I don't want a Desire or Wildfire or anything else.. Help!!

As far as I know you to ring the network and get the phone blacklisted and the sim suspended within 24hours of discovery loss and with some insurance companies they require you to get a loss form stamped by the gardai as well within 48 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I wouldn't wait till the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Haven't found it yet, still searching, it might turn up.. Fingers crossed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

make sure your insurance covers accidental loss - or the insurance company will simply say, it was entirely your fault so no payout.

sometimes these insurances make you pay the first €200 on your new phone ....another thing to check out.

OP - is it possible you were pick-pocketed ? this would be covered by insurance, and you would not be able to pin-point the actual moment of loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Corkbah wrote: »
    make sure your insurance covers accidental loss - or the insurance company will simply say, it was entirely your fault so no payout.

sometimes these insurances make you pay the first €200 on your new phone ....another thing to check out.

OP - is it possible you were pick-pocketed ? this would be covered by insurance, and you would not be able to pin-point the actual moment of loss.

Hi Corkbah, it turned up after a day of searching high & low!! Thank God. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hi Corkbah, it turned up after a day of searching high & low!! Thank God. :rolleyes:

So where was it? I need closure :p Had someone handed it in or was it down the back of the couch?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Schnitzel Muncher

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    So where was it? I need closure :p Had someone handed it in or was it down the back of the couch?

In his other pocket.

Advertisement