Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy Tyres in Kilkenny?

Options
  • 09-05-2013 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

As title suggests, need 4 new tyres for my car, usually go to TC tyres for convenience but hoping to save a couple of quid if there is anywhere cheaper.

Any help welcomed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I got mine in place just outside Kells and they were the right job. I can't for the life of me think of the name of the place at the minute though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Well whilst not an expert, I do not believe in buying cheap tyres, ones life depends on good quality tyres.
    There are a lot of unfamiliar names on the market, however one needs to know the stopping distance at given speeds, apparently there is a vast difference in the behaviour of cheap tyres.
    Again it really depends on the motor you have and the kind of motoring you do? I mean no one would put cheap tyres on the old Jag and the Merc begs for quality.
    I think you were at Bargain tyres just outside kilmagany, which if you come down the rload from Kells it is on the left just before you get to the village, personally I go to Callan Tyres on the estate, brilliant service, balancing and tracking done.
    You pay the money and take the choice, yes cheap tyres will get you bye but and it is a very big but, okay for trailers, but as a member of the peak cap and glove brigade definately a no no.
    Watch my exhaust Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

If you want to save money buy them on the internet and get any tyre man to fit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Sky King wrote: »
    If you want to save money buy them on the internet and get any tyre man to fit them.

Any suggested site, did look at a couple but bit bamboozled. Also, wouldn't the tyre places take umbrage with you turning up with 4 tyres purchased from somewhere else and ask them to stick them on? It does seem a good option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Any suggested site, did look at a couple but bit bamboozled. Also, wouldn't the tyre places take umbrage with you turning up with 4 tyres purchased from somewhere else and ask them to stick them on? It does seem a good option though.

Shop around and plenty will be glad to fit them for you. Tc tyres won't, they'd rather you forked out their exorbitant prices.... I just bought 4 tyres from camskill.co.uk if you pm me your tyre sizes and budget I can recommend a few options if you like....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Shop around and plenty will be glad to fit them for you. Tc tyres won't, they'd rather you forked out their exorbitant prices.... I just bought 4 tyres from camskill.co.uk if you pm me your tyre sizes and budget I can recommend a few options if you like....

Will do, thanks.

The best you can get are from a man called Jeremiah Kiely in Cloneen, outside Mullinahone. He stocks all brands. He's on the outskirts of the village. He'll throw in a free carwash too!

Advertisement