Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live / avoid in Dungarvan?

Options
  • 09-05-2013 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I know it's appropriate to the County Forum but there's tumbleweeds blowing around there (maybe the 2 Forums should be merged??), so I thought I might get more feedback here...

I may need to move to Dungarvan for at least 6 - 12 months and would be renting there. Any opinions on better / worse areas to live in?

Sallybrook on the Clonea road side of the town, Spring Meadows or Tournore at the other side of town, Pairc na mBlaith in Ballinroad,... any opinions?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

avoid cathal brugha and childers estates

pairc mblath is very nice and i lived there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Lived in Spring Meadows myself. Nice area with no scum there

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

avoid cathal brugha and childers estates

pairc mblath is very nice and i lived there myself.
    how can you say to avoid cathal brugha and childers estate if you don't live there..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

how can you say to avoid cathal brugha and childers estate if you don't live there..

Well somewhere has to be the dodgiest part of the town, surely?

I've never lived in Ballybeg in Waterford, but I know I wouldn't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

Lovely people have come from and still live in those estates. But be realistic in fairness, those estates don't have a good name and with very good reason. A shame but unfortunately that's the way it is. Best avoided.

Tournore is a lovely area. If I had a choice that's where I'd head. Great location in every way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

If you have a car try An Rinn

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

im guessing you either live in a bubble or live in those estates :rolleyes:

i lived around the corner from those estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

im guessing you either live in a bubble or live in those estates :rolleyes:

i lived around the corner from those estates.

I have to agree with you and for such a small town its sad really. I live near to them as well.

Advertisement