Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Strokes Comedown Machine

Options
  • 09-05-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

Having previously brought the previous Strokes albums I was hoping for good things with this but was sadly dissapointed. A mix match of Julians 80's stuff he is trying with the band doesn't work at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

thesultan wrote: »
    Having previously brought the previous Strokes albums I was hoping for good things with this but was sadly dissapointed. A mix match of Julians 80's stuff he is trying with the band doesn't work at all.

I'm really enjoying this album. I've not been blown away by them since the first album but they have captured something good here.

All The Time was a brilliant choice for a comeback single as it was a throwback to the old sound but the album is anything but a rehash of that sound.

Casablancas' falsetto is very impressive on Tap Out and One Way Trigger. Welcome To Japan is my favourite song on the album - there's so much going on there, I'm discovering something different every time I listen to it. Definitely their best and most confident album since Is This It.

Advertisement