Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SITE REVIEW: bon-appetit.ie redesign

• 09-05-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My friend designed this for me www.bon-appetit.ie

Really appreciate any comments and suggestions on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

Just two spotted style faults on screen size 1366x768, see attached screen shots.

The color scheme to me looks ok I guess, it does have a menu feel, your aim no doubt, but at times its a bit bare and empty/cold looking... perhaps a page border (left and right) might bring it all together... similar to your logo color, just a line or ribbon a few pixels wide maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I like it. The website really suits what it is selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

OneIdea wrote: »
    Just two spotted style faults on screen size 1366x768, see attached screen shots.

The color scheme to me looks ok I guess, it does have a menu feel, your aim no doubt, but at times its a bit bare and empty/cold looking... perhaps a page border (left and right) might bring it all together... similar to your logo color, just a line or ribbon a few pixels wide maybe...

Thanks OneIdea, we will fix that display fault. That page border idea is a good point and I will take it on board, I'm already thinking of a ribbbon as you mentioned.
    thomas 123 wrote: »
    I like it. The website really suits what it is selling.
    Thanks Thomas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

"Whether it be a birthday party, an important corporate event or a wedding Bon Appétit can offers professional outside catering services to every company or individual that wishes for something a little "je ne sais quoi" for their event."

"Whether it's a birthday party, a key corporate event or a wedding, Bon Appétit offers exquisite catering services to companies or individuals wishing for that "je ne sais quoi" for their special occasion."

I think less is more and fixes the proofing mistakes. :)

In general, good match between product and style. I'll be back!

I suspect, having looked at the site in more detail, that someone doesn't have English as their first language (sorry). You'll need to get it proof-read as a first step.

One of my pet hates is your phone number. The correct international format is +353 8x 123 4567. Anything else looks amateurish IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

mathepac wrote: »
    One of my pet hates is your phone number. The correct international format is +353 8x 123 4567. Anything else looks amateurish IMHO.

Also on that point, you have 2 different phone numbers

087 134 ..... and

00 353 (0) 87 ..........

And maybe listing the email address with the well done email input form is not so good.

But as i said before the design is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Why have you got two contact us forms, 1 on page 1 and 1 on the contact us page? Very confusing. What is the purpose of the second one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

"Whether it be a birthday party, an important corporate event or a wedding Bon Appétit can offers professional outside catering services to every company or individual that wishes for something a little "je ne sais quoi" for their event."

"Whether it's a birthday party, a key corporate event or a wedding, Bon Appétit offers exquisite catering services to companies or individuals wishing for that "je ne sais quoi" for their special occasion."

I think less is more and fixes the proofing mistakes. :)

In general, good match between product and style. I'll be back!

I suspect, having looked at the site in more detail, that someone doesn't have English as their first language (sorry). You'll need to get it proof-read as a first step.

Touché:)

Thanks for the feedback mathepac. We will use your paragraph, we do agree your phrasing is much better:)

We will also change the contact number to the correct phone number format.
    thomas 123 wrote: »
    Also on that point, you have 2 different phone numbers

087 134 ..... and

00 353 (0) 87 ..........

And maybe listing the email address with the well done email input form is not so good.

But as i said before the design is really good.

Thanks Thomas, we didn't spotted that.

Why have you got two contact us forms, 1 on page 1 and 1 on the contact us page? Very confusing. What is the purpose of the second one?

We will rethink that.

Advertisement